UnderGround Forums

NFLGround >> Jets are close to a meltdown

10/11/11 9:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Tommy Gunnz
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

These next 2 or 3 games are huge. If this ship doesn't get righted soon I can see a full blown meltdown with a 5-11 type of clusterfuck season

Wide Receivers are going to the head coach complaining about the offensive coordinator.

Sanchez says that playcallilng is too predictable

(are you sensing a theme yet - fuck you brian schottenheimer)

The defense is the drizzling shits - not really sure why since we have almost the same defense as the last 2 years which were top 3 in the NFL

Rex is getting nervous, you can tell. It will be interesting to see how he deals with some real adversity for a change.

This is a flawed team, not sure if it can be saved in time to save the season
10/12/11 1:05 AM
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I see you your Jets and raise you my Eagles!
10/12/11 2:05 AM
Tebowkakke
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have never like Shotty as a OC. I don't think he fits with how Rex Ryan wants to run his team. Shotty is the problem.
10/12/11 7:24 PM
C1010
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shotty does need to go. Im not a Jet fanatic but I couldn't believe some of his final calls in last years AFC championship game.

The Jets need to run the ball a lot more but their O line isnt looking as solid. Sanchez isnt performing that well combined with defensive struggles. Im also concerned about Slauson and Hunter.
10/12/11 8:17 PM
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jets fans should hope they don't just scapegoat Mr Schott and ignore the steady decline in defense, which both Tommy and C1010 have mentioned.

2009 4.2 yards a play, and 14.8 first downs a game
2010 4.8 yards a play, and 17.9 first downs a game
2011 5.2 yards a play, and 19.4 first downs a game

That is not a good trend.

10/12/11 10:31 PM
Alco Hauler
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The talent is still there, but you can't keep running the same schemes and expect the same results.

Offenses adapt to defense.

Ryan needs to mix it up.

When I was a pitcher in high school, by grandpa told me something that sticks with me to this day. "You only need 2 pitches to get them out. The one you're throwing - and the one they're looking for".

Different sport, but I think everyone knows the pitch that Ryan is throwing and they know how to attack it.
10/12/11 11:34 PM
Tommy Gunnz
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Excellent fucking point Alco Phone Post
10/13/11 11:08 AM
TheRealJoker
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Teams have been running all over the Jets this season. I can't believe what i'm seeing. Then after one embarrassing performance I think, "Rex is gonna get them ready and pissed next week..." then the same thing happens!!!

The offense was never the reason this team was good (thanks to Schot). The defense is what took them to the AFC Championship twice and it is not looking even average thus far.
10/13/11 6:24 PM
endochokedme
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tommy Gunnz, good to see you posting again. I was worried you were gone for good after the Raiders victory a few weeks back.
10/13/11 6:59 PM
Caleb
221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If they do crash and burn.. we will take Bart Scott. I really like that guy.. no homo.

Seriously, the season is still young so anything can happen. Hopefully they get it together.
10/23/11 5:31 PM
Tommy Gunnz

Waylay -  I see you your Jets and raise you my Eagles!

Waylay, whats the sports radio/newspapers been like over there? Is everyone freaking the fuck out?
10/23/11 5:32 PM
Tommy Gunnz

excellent win today, I still think we are a very flawed team but it was nice to see the fight in them and that they won't just roll over and die
10/23/11 7:10 PM
TheRealJoker
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They could've easily rolled over today but Plaxico came through! Phone Post
10/23/11 7:34 PM
Waylay

Tommy Gunnz - 
Waylay -  I see you your Jets and raise you my Eagles!

Waylay, whats the sports radio/newspapers been like over there? Is everyone freaking the fuck out?
I live in Sydney, Australia. The media here has been suprisingly quite on the subject :) I do know from the Eagles forums that there has been alot of people ringing into talkback calling for Reid to be fired.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.