UnderGround Forums

NFLGround >> The Tebow situation explained

10/12/11 2:22 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Tebowkakke
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here in Denver it is literally like Bloods vs Crips when it comes to Tebow supporters and the people who do not Tebow to play.

I am one of the FEW people who thinks Fox handled this situation absolutely 100% correctly. Going into the year it was clear Orten was the better QB. Tebow was really hurt by no OTAs, etc. Even if Fox wanted to start Tebow, he would have lost the locker room by sitting Orten, especially with our first 3 games. All were very winnable. Oakland at home, Cincy at home, then the Titans on the road. We went 1-2 through those games. Then came Green Bay. So 1-3 going into the Charger game would be a ok time to do it, but again, I think the vets needed to see more of Orten. Well Orten literally quit during the Charger game. He had his chance. Fox made a move. Orten is also not going to be coming back no matter what next year so at 1-3, looking like we were going to be dominated by SD he made the move. This give the Denver fans and front office to see what Tebow gives us so we can see what we have for next year if we are in the Luck running, or we have to look at Kellen Moore, Landry Jones, or Matt Barkley.

In my opinion Fox was a genius in handling this situation. He had to give Orten his chance. Orten blew it. We at some point had to let Tebow get his chance so we could really see what we have.
10/12/11 3:14 AM
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Excellent analysis 303. Orton had to start. But now is definitely the right time to see what you have in Tebow. Hopefully Tebow will suck really badly and you will have a shot in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes.
10/12/11 8:05 AM
Tebowkakke
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks man.

I am sure you are following this story pretty close. I just think that Fox played this amazingly right. There is no way, after the preseason that Orton had that he could have started Tebow over Orton. He wouldn't have been able to look at Champ, or Brian Dawkins and say that going into the year Tebow would give them the best shot to win games. They lost to Oakland 0-1, beat Cincy 1-1, lose to the Titans 1-2, lose to Green Bay 1-3, and then get the Chargers at home. Orton goes into the Charger game and I swear he had the same look on his face if he threw a TD as he did a pick. After 2 picks he was leading the NFL in the category and I think Fox new this was the time to make a move. They now have 2 weeks for Tebow to work in as the starter, and the vets can see Orton just wasn't interested. So now the Tebow era begins. We will get to see Tebow for the other 3/4s of the season and we will know exactly what we have which will make the direction we have to go in the offseason that much easier. I am hoping that we end up being able to draft Andrew Luck. I think he is as close to an absolute sure thing as we have seen in years. Now Tebow gets his chance. If he screws up the whole year then so be it, now we know what he is capable of. If he plays well and leads us to some victories we know what direction to head.
10/12/11 7:27 PM
C1010
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree, Fox handled it perfectly. Lets see how Tebow does.
10/12/11 10:34 PM
Alco Hauler
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Perfect time to try him out. Bye week.

Tebow isn't the best QB from a talent standpoint, but the dude is a competitor. Sometimes that's enough.
10/13/11 11:11 AM
TheRealJoker
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tebow does just about everything wrong. But the team rallied around him late which is what Denver needs going forward.
10/14/11 7:48 PM
Tebowkakke

I did not follow the Florida Gators at all, but Tebow put up some crazy passing numbers down there, so I know he knows how to throw the ball. I have never understood why people have been so critical of him when it comes to throwing the ball. They say its his throwing motion, but that throwing motion got him all sorts of crazy numbers. His arm strength is also surprising. I think that if Mike McCoy can run an offense around what Tebow can do well good things could happen.

Truthfully I know Tebow is not going to be the long term answer, and with any luck we can draft Luck and be set at QB for the next 15 years.
10/23/11 12:27 PM
micmac
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War Tebow!
10/23/11 4:38 PM
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just win baby. 13 of 27 passes completed doesn't look pretty. But back to back TD drives which he dominated on.  He may not end up being a great QB but he is definitely a winner. Later today I will definitely be watching that last 5 minutes.  Guess they should have traded Orton last week.
10/24/11 11:17 AM
Caleb
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He looked TERRIBLE... even clueless most of the game and then did ok at the end. It was all UGLY though. I really really like the guy, but I don't think he is a pro QB. He just doesn't have it.
10/24/11 4:16 PM
alxholic
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this vid was posted in the OG by someone..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mALfHsO1ZVw

my question is who is the better QB? tebow or payton? if you watch the vid, they showed 34's stats and he had a low completion %age but decent td/int ratio.
10/24/11 9:26 PM
jaywill
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i thought this was gonna be about his making out with his wideout.
10/25/11 2:31 PM
thePetester
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Waylay -  Just win baby. 13 of 27 passes completed doesn't look pretty. But back to back TD drives which he dominated on.  He may not end up being a great QB but he is definitely a winner. Later today I will definitely be watching that last 5 minutes.  Guess they should have traded Orton last week.

He did look terrible the first 55 minutes, but if you look at the offense there was a reason for it. They ran the ball on first down 15 out of 18 times! That put them in 2nd and 3rd and long quite frequently. When they had to let him go and move them down the field quickly (4 and 5 receiver sets) he all of a sudden became effective. Surprising? No, I don't think so, it is what he did for four years in college. Like 303 said, no OTAs and limited camp really hurt him. They are going to have to change the offense and put him in situations that he can succeed in. Problem is, Foxy like to run it and keep it close and give himself a chance to win at the end, not play it loose and fast throughout.
10/25/11 5:07 PM
Caleb
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No excuses.. he looked lost and confused out there and that was against the worst team in the league. I LOVE this guy...(no homo) but he has a long ways to go. I wish the best for him.. I wish I could confess my faith on such a grand stage.. he has already won.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.