UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Masvidal: I'm gonna smash Melendez

10/12/11 5:23 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
927 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

JS: That’s neatly leads me onto my next question. Despite your impressive resume, it has taken a while for you to be granted a title shot in a major organisation. Are you only now being paid your dues in being finally acknowledged as one of the best Lightweights in the world

JM: I hope people overlook me. I’ve been paying my dues for a while, beating ranked guys. But I really don’t care. I’m gonna smash Gilbert, get a nice paycheque and then onto the next one.

JS: Do you attribute the fact that you’ve never properly been KO’d to your elusive style, or granite chin

JM: I’d say it was a combination of both. I haven’t got the greatest chin of all time, but I have a solid chin. I take good shots all the time. But more than anything, it’s probably my elusive style. One of the first things I learnt in boxing was the defensive aspect, how to move my legs and head. During my fights, I only tend to get hit a few times cleanly, if that.

read entire interview...

10/12/11 5:38 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
vandelay
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dont sleep on Masvidal, i feel he has the size and skills to beat Gil
10/12/11 5:54 PM
French Fries Malone
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I got Jorge by superior hands and underrated TDD and ground game Phone Post
10/12/11 5:58 PM
Big EP
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Masvidal winning would fuck all kinds of shit up in the UFC LW division, especially with all of this recent Melendez vs. UFC LW roster talk.

Any odds on this fight up yet? I would throw a little money on Jorge via FFM's prediction...
French Fries Malone - I got Jorge by superior hands and underrated TDD and ground game.

10/12/11 5:59 PM
LucrativeMath
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wouldn't be surprised if Jorge beats Gil. Not at all.
10/12/11 5:59 PM
mark9
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i been sayin jorge will win since this fight was announced. the more hype gil gets, the more of an underdog jorge becomes, the more ill get paid once its over :)
10/12/11 6:31 PM
chokeyou

i'm way excited for this..

10/12/11 6:35 PM
JonathanShrager

Buenos dias UG faithful...I conducted this interview with Jorge, and I'm glad to see that nobody is underestimating Gamebred's chances...he's a beast, and his focus is at an all-time high...next SF LW champion no doubt 
10/12/11 8:26 PM
StratTone
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah I'm pretty confident Jorge takes this one. I think it will be a great fight but in the end it will just be jorge's starting block and YouTube will be loaded down with Jorge vs ray and masvidal highlights. :-)
10/12/11 8:29 PM
mmavixen
1091 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jorge is a great fighter and it's time he get the attention he deserves!

GUERRA MASVIDAL!

10/12/11 8:36 PM
subwrassler
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LucrativeMath - I wouldn't be surprised if Jorge beats Gil. Not at all.
10/12/11 8:38 PM
Lahzerous
263 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LucrativeMath - I wouldn't be surprised if Jorge beats Gil. Not at all.

Same in my eye's this fight is 50/50
10/12/11 8:42 PM
Mr. Blonde
201 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mmavixen - Jorge is a great fighter and it's time he get the attention he deserves!

GUERRA MASVIDAL!

What you said. Anyway, How many Cubans do we have in MMA right now? There's Hector, Jorge, that Romero dude that Feijao put to sleep, is that it? 
10/12/11 9:22 PM
Mr. Blonde
201 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sub67 - <blockquote>What you said. Anyway, How many Cubans do we have in MMA right now? There's Hector, Jorge, that Romero dude that Feijao put to sleep, is that it?</blockquote><br /><br />There's frank mir, hector lombard, jorge masvidal, yoel romero, alexis vila, javier vasquez.<br /><br />They're all that come to mind right now.

BOOM! 
10/12/11 9:34 PM
semtex0809

Lol mele Phone Post
10/12/11 9:34 PM
semtex0809

Melendez got this Phone Post
10/12/11 9:47 PM
Smellslikefishtasteslikechicke

Mr. Blonde -
sub67 - <blockquote>What you said. Anyway, How many Cubans do we have in MMA right now? There's Hector, Jorge, that Romero dude that Feijao put to sleep, is that it?</blockquote><br /><br />There's frank mir, hector lombard, jorge masvidal, yoel romero, alexis vila, javier vasquez.<br /><br />They're all that come to mind right now.

BOOM! 
Frank mir is an american . Don't care where his dad or mom is from . My dads from Germany , doesn't make me german . Phone Post
10/12/11 10:19 PM

sub67 -
Frank mir is an american . Don't care where his dad or mom is from . My dads from Germany , doesn't make me german . Phone Post

*shrug* No debate on masvidal? He was born in miami. cuban-american perhaps.
Ha , didn't check that one , I was just sure about Mir , and yes you're correct . Phone Post
10/12/11 10:21 PM
mmavixen
1091 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sub67 - 
What you said. Anyway, How many Cubans do we have in MMA right now? There's Hector, Jorge, that Romero dude that Feijao put to sleep, is that it?

There's frank mir, hector lombard, jorge masvidal, yoel romero, alexis vila, javier vasquez.

They're all that come to mind right now.
This is a good list.  There's also local fighers in Miami, but they have yet to have recognizeable names.

And yes, I am claiming Mir.  He's Cuban enough to wear a Cuban flag on his shorts so that's Cuban enough for me.

10/12/11 10:24 PM
mmavixen

Pretty sure Jorge is Cuban (born in Cuba).
10/12/11 10:27 PM

mmavixen -
sub67 - 

There's frank mir, hector lombard, jorge masvidal, yoel romero, alexis vila, javier vasquez.

This is a good list.  There's also local fighers in Miami, but they have yet to have recognizeable names.

And yes, I am claiming Mir.  He's Cuban enough to wear a Cuban flag on his shorts so that's Cuban enough for me.

You're right , if he's got the flag on his shorts he must feel he is just as American as Cuban , but still... I don't claim to be German-Canadian . I'd rock a German flag on my shorts too . Phone Post
10/12/11 10:32 PM
Stu Cazzo

Jorge is the toughest motherfucker in the whole division and he has what it takes to be the best....

Respek the Game -

(Masvidal is a UG lurker)
10/12/11 10:33 PM
mmavixen

Smellslikefishtasteslikechicke - 
mmavixen -
sub67 - 

You're right , if he's got the flag on his shorts he must feel he is just as American as Cuban , but still... I don't claim to be German-Canadian . I'd rock a German flag on my shorts too . Phone Post

You knowI've said this before, I don't like it when ppl think Caucasians are just one whole, homogeneous group.  I like asking people where their family is from because al of that is interesting to me.

I think you should rock half a Canadian flag and a half German.  That'd be pretty cool.

10/12/11 10:40 PM

mmavixen -
Smellslikefishtasteslikechicke - 
mmavixen -
sub67 - 

You knowI've said this before, I don't like it when ppl think Caucasians are just one whole, homogeneous group.  I like asking people where their family is from because al of that is interesting to me.

I think you should rock half a Canadian flag and a half German.  That'd be pretty cool.

I couldn't agree with you more , everytime the world cup is on I'm wearing my team Germany jersey 24/7 , just wish we had a better team lol Phone Post
10/12/11 10:44 PM
Stu Cazzo

Smellslikefishtasteslikechicke - I couldn't agree with you more , everytime the world cup is on I'm wearing my team Germany jersey 24/7 , just wish we had a better team lol Phone Post

Germany is a fucking great team...especially for the past couple decades.

Next year their team is LOADED going into the Euro championships and 2014 World Cup...

In the 2006 Cup they were unlucky to run into the best Italian team ever...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.