UnderGround Forums

HolyGround >> The Christian god destroyed again..............

10/15/11 2:37 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SD CARTEL
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oldboy - 
BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane - 
CaptainWoody - 
SD CARTEL - "agree. It's pretty pathetic that christians spend so much time trying to force everyone eise to pay homage to their magic sky daddy. "

I actually can't remember the last last time a Christian did this to me or anyone around me. I have atheist friends in real life that make it their personal mission to drag believers into debate so they can systematically try and breakdown everything they believe so they can feel awesome about themselves momentarily. Really nothing different from the average of two anti god threads we see here a week no? Phone Post

Yeah me neither....btw why can't gays marry? and what's the hold up on stem cell research?

Yeah religion doesn't affect anyone but the believers you're right

Ouchy, someone just got pwned!

+1

Zing of Daaaaayyy!

LOL @ you dorks giving each other cyber high fives.
10/15/11 2:41 PM
angryinch
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SD CARTEL - 
Oldboy - 
CaptainWoody - 
SD CARTEL - "agree. It's pretty pathetic that christians spend so much time trying to force everyone eise to pay homage to their magic sky daddy. "

I actually can't remember the last last time a Christian did this to me or anyone around me. I have atheist friends in real life that make it their personal mission to drag believers into debate so they can systematically try and breakdown everything they believe so they can feel awesome about themselves momentarily. Really nothing different from the average of two anti god threads we see here a week no? Phone Post

Yeah me neither....btw why can't gays marry? and what's the hold up on stem cell research?

+1

Zing of Daaaaayyy!

even you have to admit, the point you were trying to make was ridiculous.

10/15/11 2:44 PM
ausgepicht

lueng jon - a non sequitur argument and ad hominem- Where In my tongue in cheek post, did I assert that these murders were done to "spread" Atheism?

"The religious have killed people in the name of their gods since the beginning of time and every day. FACT. "

This line is quite simply false. It is not an opinion with which I differ. It is just false.

The fact is that far more people have been murdered — not to mention enslaved and tortured — by secular anti-religious regimes than by all the God-based groups in history. I've already provided the numbers.

Now you are just being dishonest. Good day sir. Phone Post
10/15/11 5:52 PM
SD CARTEL
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/15/11 5:52 PM
angryinch - 
SD CARTEL - 
Oldboy - 
CaptainWoody - 

+1

Zing of Daaaaayyy!

Not really. Yes, marriage has a definition that certain groups are trying to overturn. This is a relatively new idea in which I fence sit. I am perfectly fine with stem cells. That being said, most religious people I personally know, which includes a decent amount, pretty much stick to themselves. And they don't hate gays, they just aren't on board with the agenda. Atheist seem to want to paint every religious person with the hateful and intolerant Westboro church paintbrush which I feel is unfair. It's like saying all gays are bug chasers.
10/15/11 5:55 PM
BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SD CARTEL - 
angryinch - 
SD CARTEL - 
Oldboy - 
CaptainWoody - 

+1

Zing of Daaaaayyy!

Not really. Yes, marriage has a definition that certain groups are trying to overturn. This is a relatively new idea in which I fence sit. I am perfectly fine with stem cells. That being said, most religious people I personally know, which includes a decent amount, pretty much stick to themselves. And they don't hate gays, they just aren't on board with the agenda. Atheist seem to want to paint every religious person with the hateful and intolerant Westboro church paintbrush which I feel is unfair. It's like saying all gays are bug chasers.
You might want to read your bible.

10/15/11 5:56 PM
Ridgeback

I spend exactly zero time thinking about Heavenly Father from the Mormon religion.  I wonder why atheists obsess so much about the "Christian god" and his existence and revelations and followers etc. etc.  Someone said that anti-religionists in the West can't forgive God for not existing.  While it is just psychology to write this, I fully believe that for many anti-religionists their atheism is an emotional orientation first and foremost and then they go looking for evidence to support the pre-supposition because no one is going to respect a person who just says he hates God and religion and religious people.   But this also explains the constant obsession with things a person supposedly doesn't believe in.
10/15/11 6:13 PM
staats
323 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Christianity is the world's largest religion but we are forgetting the real reason for this. It is not b/c God is real or not or has done wonders, it is because the Church hired thugs, mercenaries, killers, and all kind of murders to literally slaughter anyone that was not Christian in promise for their sins to be forgiven and be given MONEY...remember the crusades? "Take back the Holy land"...take it back by killing and slaughtering innocent people in the name of their God. Tell, is that how the christian God works?
10/15/11 6:27 PM
lueng jon
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Christianity is such a source of murder, why the need to use examples from so long ago?
10/15/11 6:30 PM
Nubinatub

Brockswockrantrane is the most annoying person on this site when it comes to religion. Constantly makes threads almost every other day, like its actually going to change someones mind. Youre a very angry person, having at least one frien might change that. Phone Post
10/15/11 6:39 PM
angryinch

Ridgeback -  I spend exactly zero time thinking about Heavenly Father from the Mormon religion.  I wonder why atheists obsess so much about the "Christian god" and his existence and revelations and followers etc. etc.  Someone said that anti-religionists in the West can't forgive God for not existing.  While it is just psychology to write this, I fully believe that for many anti-religionists their atheism is an emotional orientation first and foremost and then they go looking for evidence to support the pre-supposition because no one is going to respect a person who just says he hates God and religion and religious people.   But this also explains the constant obsession with things a person supposedly doesn't believe in.

Hrmm... interesting conundrum you've created for yourself, as most other theists on this site also tend to do.  Isn't it a little ironic that you guys claim that atheists spend so much time obsessing about something we don't believe in, meanwhile you spend even more time worrying, obsessing about, and attacking atheists, which is something you yourself don't believe in ("note:  believing in" atheism is a poor choice of words but for lack of a better way to phrase it, let's use it for the sake of this point)?  Pot, kettle. 

Aside from that, the question you are asking has been answered for you numerous times on here.  I see your reset button is in full effect.  We atheists don't obsess about your imaginary friend.  What does tend to frost our asses is the constant attempt by your homies to impose your religious morality on us and everyone else, and to force us to pay homage to your imaginary friend.  Keep your fairy tales inside your house and that will be the last you hear from us atheists.   You know, it's really getting tiresome explaining this to you over and over again only to have you hit your mental reset button and ask the same fucking question all over again.  When christians try to impose their bullshit on society, they open themselves up for criticism and ridicule, and deservedly so.  Grown ass men should not have imaginary friends and they certainly should not try to force anyone else to worship that imaginary friend.   That's when it crosses the line and leaves you guys open to ridicule. 

Think about it this way, atheists think that the hindu gods are just as made-up as the christian god.  But, you don't see the atheists in this country attacking hinduism like we do christianity.   I've just explained to you why that is.  Are you capable of understanding this? 
10/15/11 6:42 PM
angryinch

lueng jon - If Christianity is such a source of murder, why the need to use examples from so long ago?

If you'd prefer, we can use Bush's crusades.   Would that be better for you?

And for the record, the reason you don't see things like the inquisition and the crusades in modern day  is because fortunately, christianity's power to wage war has been greatly diminished as the world has become more civilized.  That doesn't lessen the intolerance any.  They've shifted from waging wars on horseback to waging wars through political channels.    At least in the US.
10/15/11 6:47 PM
ausgepicht

Julius - "the religious have killed people in the name of their gods since the beginning of time and every day. FACT."

In terms of world population, those atheist, Communist leaders probably have an equal or greater number of kills than religious leaders through history.

It's simply because of the world population. During Biblical times, the entire world only amounted to about 50 million. By the middles ages, it was 400 million.

Athests have killed more people because there are just so many more people in the world. Mao alone killed more than the entire world population of 1,000 BC!

If Mao was alive doing the same thing back then, it would have been a much smaller number. Since killing in the name of religion has died down in modern times (yes, even with Islamic terrorists) and atheist Communism has risen, the number of kills in history is probably about even.

Larger amounts of people have died in modern times because there are BILLIONS on earth and also because of the ability the technology to kill a massive amount at a time.
Again, NONE.....I repeat NONE of those guys were spreading Atheism or killing in the name of Atheism, but did so out of a POLITICAL ideology. You guys reek of desperation.

10/15/11 6:55 PM
Druskee
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whats more logical and rational atheist??

United Atheist Alliance? or Unified Atheist Allies?

Dont forget to use reason.
10/15/11 6:56 PM
skidog
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lueng jon - If Christianity is such a source of murder, why the need to use examples from so long ago?
We still have the IRA / SF scum who claim to be Roman Catholic, yet would be willing to engage in mass murder. Phone Post
10/15/11 6:57 PM
SD CARTEL

angryinch - 
Ridgeback -  I spend exactly zero time thinking about Heavenly Father from the Mormon religion.  I wonder why atheists obsess so much about the "Christian god" and his existence and revelations and followers etc. etc.  Someone said that anti-religionists in the West can't forgive God for not existing.  While it is just psychology to write this, I fully believe that for many anti-religionists their atheism is an emotional orientation first and foremost and then they go looking for evidence to support the pre-supposition because no one is going to respect a person who just says he hates God and religion and religious people.   But this also explains the constant obsession with things a person supposedly doesn't believe in.

Hrmm... interesting conundrum you've created for yourself, as most other theists on this site also tend to do.  Isn't it a little ironic that you guys claim that atheists spend so much time obsessing about something we don't believe in, meanwhile you spend even more time worrying, obsessing about, and attacking atheists, which is something you yourself don't believe in ("note:  believing in" atheism is a poor choice of words but for lack of a better way to phrase it, let's use it for the sake of this point)?  Pot, kettle.

Ehh, I gaurantee if you were to go back and count how many boastfully enlightened, anti religion posts there has been on this site and in chat forums in general for let's say the past two you years, it would be quite apparent the ratio is heavily, if not totally dominated in favor of the atheist's. Really, it's probably the most repetitively thing discussed here by the usual suspects. I am sure I have mentioned I am agnostic, but I love my life and hold no resentment towards anyone for their beliefs. Each side of the fence regarding believers and non believers have had their fair share of scumbags.

Some people here are the online equivalent of Mormons at your door on a saturday morning. Difference is the mormons are brainwashed to do so, some atheist here are apparently very angry and uncomfortable with something in their life so they feel the need to constantly attack something. It's somewhat of a classic bully mentallity and somehow this makes them feel better about themselves. When I stopped believing in god many years ago, I went through a brief stage where I had to challenge everyone and try to make their beliefs look ridiculous. After I matured a bit, I kinda realized I was the ridiculous one for doing so. Just a thought.
10/15/11 6:58 PM
Ridgeback

Scoobz -  It's the classic Santa claus story. You tell every child in the world that Santa brings gifts and knows when you're sleeping and awake and you better be good otherwise you get punished. What if we all never told them the truth? All who knew the truth died and the story lived on. Then you get Chinese whispers and people start tweaking the story to have slightly different versions. Religion is born. And I have to laugh at people saying atheists try to ram their beliefs down peoples throats. YOUR religion is the one with preachers! Not to mention those annoying bastards that come around to your house trying to ram their beliefs down your throat. So. Much. Hypocrisy. Phone Post

Your ignorance of history is fairly typical of forum FAGs (Freethinkers Against God).  First of all, we haven't the slightest idea as to why humans alone are religious animals.  We simply don't know how religion developed or why it developed because it did so in pre-history.  In history, however, there are many variations of religious belief, including plenty that contained no ethical code (and most gods of ancient peoples didn't care if you were nice but were thought to care if you sacrificed to them and paid them the proper respects).  Also, some religions contained no afterlife, or at least one that had any reward or punishment based on one's actions in life.

Santa is based on a 4th century bishop who claimed to be a servent of Christ and used his inheritance to help the poor, which included giving gifts to kids.  So if your argument is that religion is actually based in real historical events that is an interesting one, but once again we really don't know.
10/15/11 7:01 PM
Ridgeback

riddlebox - 
Ridgeback - 
angryinch - 
lueng jon - The Atheist utopia maintained!

Mao-Tse Tung’s atheistic regime in China between 40 million and 70 million people killed.

Joseph Stalin’s atheistic regime in the Soviet Union 20 million or more people killed.

Pol Pot’s atheistic regime in Cambodia killed about one out of every four Cambodians .

The North Korean atheistic regime has killed millions of its own people.

Nazism, an irreligious racist doctrine, killed as many as 17 million civilians.

The Hutus slaughtered Tutsis in Rwanda for ethnic and tribal reasons, not religious ones.

The 5.4 million Congolese killed in the last decade has nothing to do with religion.

Atheism has contributed so much to society!
this red herring again?  Atheism is a lack of theism.  It is not in and of itself any kind of doctrine.   Atheism is not responsible for any of those things you mentioned.  When you guys try to make this argument it exposes you for the simple-minded idiots you are. 

Many atheists like yourself are anti-religious.  Anti-religious people like yourself are responsible for such crimes and not to be trusted with any power ever again.

That is a rather absurd statement to make.

And of course you won't explain why because you don't really know.  Meanwhile, this is based on a sober assessment of the history of the 20th century.  The anti-religion atheists were the most bloodthirsty group of people in power the world has ever seen.  Evern worse maybe, is that they tried to reprogram people to change their beliefs through elaborate tortures and deprivations.  It was truly disgusting what anti-religionists (who used the exact same arguments used by our current forum anti-religionists) were capable of once they ascended to power for the first time in human history.
10/15/11 7:03 PM
ausgepicht

Edited: 10/15/11 7:04 PM
Julius - "I repeat NONE of those guys were spreading Atheism or killing in the name of Atheism, but did so out of a POLITICAL ideology. You guys reek of desperation."

You reek of stupidity. The point is that atheists seem to believe that if they just rid the world of pesky religion (their hate is mostly directed towards Christianity), then we wouldn't have had such a level of killing in world history.

Atheist communist leaders weren't 'tainted' with religion. Well look at the numbers. This is a taste of what a world without religion is capable of.

Every bit as murderous as a medieval religous inquisition. Just exponential in numbers due to population growth and weapons of mass murder.
As long as you hold the belief (and ignorance of history)  that all those leaders killed people to spread atheism, your stupidity will outshine mine. As a theist you never placed a premium on facts, logic and evidence anyhow. Keep trumpeting that belief, it's fine by me. It just helps my cause, and I appreciate it.

Fact is religion has always been responsible for the worst that humanity has ever demonstrated and it continues to this day. We won't progress as a race as long as mythology exists. 
10/15/11 7:03 PM
angryinch

Ridgeback -
 Your ignorance of history is fairly typical of forum FAGs (Freethinkers Against God). 

lol

ridge made a funny.   Stick to the jokes.  Much better than your attempts at anything even remotely intellectual. 
10/15/11 7:06 PM
lueng jon
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/15/11 7:09 PM
Bush's "Crusade" ?? <br /><br />On one hand you assert that "Christianity's power to wage war has been greatly diminished as the world has grown more civilized" Yet you inferred that the leader of the world's most powerful nation waged some sort of Christian "crusade" disguised as a political war. Am I to believe that a majority of congress was somehow duped, or simply went right along with by then President Bush into voting in favor of a religious crusade?
10/15/11 7:06 PM
ausgepicht

Edited: 10/15/11 7:06 PM
angryinch - 
Ridgeback -
 Your ignorance of history is fairly typical of forum FAGs (Freethinkers Against God). 

lol

ridge made a funny.   Stick to the jokes.  Much better than your attempts at anything even remotely intellectual. 
He's falling apart at the seams. I always picture him raging, calming down, the ad hominems leak out, but he tries to hold it together.

He's a head case waiting to explode at any time. I hope this time it outshines the first time he snapped.

10/15/11 7:08 PM
ausgepicht

lueng jon - Bush's "Crusade" ??

On one hand you assert that "Christianity's power to wage war has been greatly diminished as the world has grown more civilized" Yet you inferred that the leader of the world's most powerful nation waged some sort of Christian "crusade" disguised as a political war. I'm I to believe that a majority of congress was somehow duped, or simply went right along with by then President Bush into voting in favor of a religious crusade?
Wow. You are definitely winning the campaign to be the dumbest person here. Now you are spreading that Congres was all atheists? LOL...they were Xians and went along with Bush. Fuck, man. What grade are you in?

10/15/11 7:09 PM
FSMA

angryinch - 
Ridgeback -
 Your ignorance of history is fairly typical of forum FAGs (Freethinkers Against God).  <br type="_moz" />

lol

ridge made a funny.   Stick to the jokes.  Much better than your attempts at anything even remotely intellectual.  <br type="_moz" />

Intellectual to you = arguing time and again over something that you honestly think doesn't exist. You just take the easy way out and say you have "a lack of belief" lol. Nothing like being a fence sitter yet claiming that you have it all figured out and doing so in the usual arrogant condescending way.

I'm going to start to argue about the flying spaghetti monster. Actually, I won't because I don't even give enough thought to even have "a lack of belief". I won't even entertain the idea of something so dumb. I'm sure you HONESTLY get this however, you'll continue to cling to the same thing(s) you always say.

10/15/11 7:10 PM
ausgepicht

Julius - "belief that all those leaders killed people to spread atheism, your stupidity will outshine mine."

I didn't say that! How many times have you been told this already? I didn't say atheism 'caused' any of this.

I said atheists think that religion has caused more killing in history than anything else. As if ridding the world of religion will be curing it of a disease and will stop these sensless, mass killings. Dawkins thinks that.

What I'm saying is that we've already seen the results of atheist leaders. They are not any better than the religious ones. In fact, they've killed even more. Not because their atheism caused it. The point is that removing religion from the equation changed NOTHING.

The problem was never and will never be religion. The problem is with mankind. Get rid of religion and you will have the SAME amount of killings - maybe more.
No the problem is religion and not recognizing that it's religion. People need to wake up so we can advance as a race.

10/15/11 7:12 PM
angryinch

Edited: 10/15/11 7:19 PM
FSMA - 
angryinch - 
Ridgeback -
 Your ignorance of history is fairly typical of forum FAGs (Freethinkers Against God).  <br type="_moz" />

lol

ridge made a funny.   Stick to the jokes.  Much better than your attempts at anything even remotely intellectual.  <br type="_moz" />

Intellectual to you = arguing time and again over something that you honestly think doesn't exist. You just take the easy way out and say you have "a lack of belief" lol. Nothing like being a fence sitter yet claiming that you have it all figured out and doing so in the usual arrogant condescending way.

I'm going to start to argue about the flying spaghetti monster. Actually, I won't because I don't even give enough thought to even have "a lack of belief". I won't even entertain the idea of something so dumb. I'm sure you HONESTLY get this however, you'll continue to cling to the same thing(s) you always say.

I never claimed to have it all figured out.  What I'm claiming is that YOUR FAIRY TALE is not the answer.   Just like I couldn't tell you off the top of my head what the cube root of 3,581,257,951,698,248 is, but I can tell you with a fairly high degree of certainty that the answer is NOT 2.

The ones who claim to have it all figured out are you and your retarded ilk. 

And btw, when pastafarians start trying to get flying spaghetti monster beliefs taught in school as science and start trying to impose their beliefs on everyone and start trying to force you to subject yourself to the worship of the FSM and to pay homage to him and acknowledge his noodley greatness, I would fully expect you to criticize them as loudly and vocally as you could. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.