UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dominic Cruz Tweets (Pic) of Hand

10/13/11 3:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
J-Tee
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dominick Cruz injury update: 'The Dominator' tweets post-surgery photo of mangled hand (Pic)

Photo via @TheDomin8r

Photo via @TheDomin8r

No, this isn't the poster to "The Human Centipede 2."

Bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz shredded his hand in the main event of UFC on Versus 6, where he successfully defended his 135-pound title against Demetrious Johnson at the Verizon Center in Washington, D.C., back on Oct. 1, 2011.

"The Dominator" explains the injury to ESPN.com:

"It's basically the exact same injury I had on my left hand. Same knuckle, same everything. The tendon is completely ripped off the bone and my finger is popping out of its socket due to that. And the knuckle just dislocates when I make a fist. I have to get that tendon that ripped reattached with surgery. After I got the surgery on my left hand the doctor said it would be stronger. And it's true. It is stronger. He put an extra piece of tendon over the top of the knuckle so it's braced for impact. He did some voodoo stuff with it that he drilled a hole through the knuckle and tied it so tight that there's no way for that tendon to lift back up off the bone again. I really feel like it's stronger than it was in the first place and I won't have any issues with it anymore."

Cruz is on the shelf until 2012 when he will likely defend his bantamweight crown against the winner of Urijah Faber vs. Brian Bowles, who are scheduled to hook 'em up at the UFC 139 pay-per-view event next month in San Jose.

10/13/11 3:25 PM
caposa
1423 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

looks just like the other hand

10/13/11 3:39 PM
K-Dub-"T"
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fork!
10/13/11 3:40 PM
TRVSDKSN
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris Elliot Scary Movie 2? Phone Post
10/13/11 3:41 PM
Glen Gordon
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sweeet!
10/13/11 4:07 PM
ya
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm trying to picture how to hurt both hands like that while punching, but I can't do it.

Has anyone else ever had an injury exactly like that?
10/13/11 4:18 PM
Magnum TA

Those little gloves don't protect the hands. One of the negatives of MMA Phone Post
10/13/11 4:20 PM
HELWIG
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

odd injury to have repeat
10/13/11 4:34 PM
Magnum TA

Everyone is breaking their hands these days. It's obviously not a coincidence at this point. Phone Post
10/13/11 4:38 PM
sacredhate
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HELWIG -  odd injury to have repeat

dude is obviously prone to it...both hands done and not better...don't think it'll repeat based on how it is fixed.
10/13/11 7:21 PM
buckshot44
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CRE - Looks like a Duggar vagina

Zinger!!
10/13/11 7:36 PM
rosario00

were there less knockouts in Pride?
10/13/11 7:37 PM
DamnSevern
1185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fyi versus is replaying cruz vs johnson at 8
10/13/11 7:37 PM
ingsoc
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/13/11 7:39 PM
The incision for the new injury (right hand) is shorter than the left hand's incision. That's not gonna be a coincidence.

The new incision is long enough to do a sagittal band repair but probably wouldn't be useful for fixing a fracture. Most fractures in the region under the incision are non-op. "Surgical" metacarpal fractures are usually shaft or base of the metacarpal fractures, both of which would not be accessible through that incision.

The old incision is longer, allowing access to the whole metacarpal and the distal carpal row. This more likely would have been used for a fracture.

So yeah, he probably had two different injuries/surgeries.
10/13/11 7:38 PM
Dominated
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sacredhate - 
HELWIG -  odd injury to have repeat

dude is obviously prone to it...both hands done and not better...don't think it'll repeat based on how it is fixed.

Has he had this kind of surgery twice on one hand? I thought this was his first surgery on the right (?) hand. 
10/13/11 7:39 PM
J-Tee
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^Dominated, u r right. surgery for each hand.
10/13/11 8:17 PM
Attila
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Now he has two surgically upgraded knuckles. Is that even legal? fuck
10/13/11 8:19 PM
Trolling Stones
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CRE - Looks like a Duggar vagina

I literally lol'ed so i spat on my screen
10/13/11 9:09 PM
Godmode

Edited: 10/13/11 9:09 PM
That's some Mortal Kombat shit...

Dominick "Jax" Cruz
10/14/11 4:58 AM
radiobaby
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yikes.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.