UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UFC or not, Davis wants to keep fighting

10/14/11 9:37 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1027 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

Davis explained that if the people around him -- his trainers, his wife -- told him it was time to hang it up, he would. They haven’t, though.

“Instead I’m getting feedback that I’m a better fighter today than I was when I was in the UFC,” Davis said.

“Honestly, my goal right now is just to keep fighting regardless of where I am,” Davis said. “I just want to keep fighting. I want to keep getting better. If I end up back in the UFC and that’s where I finish my career, then that’s going to be a great ending to the Marcus Davis story or whatever. But if I don’t, that’s going to be OK too because I’ll still be doing what I love to do. When that time comes, and if I hang it up with Warrior-1 down the road or wherever it is down the road, the UFC, I’m still going to live happily ever after with my wife and kids. That’s just the way I look at it.”

read entire article...

10/14/11 10:06 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JTfromCharlotte
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/14/11 10:13 AM
Chances are that he's appearing to be a better fighter because he is facing lesser skilled fighters. He last fought in the UFC Jan 1 of this year. At nearly 40 years old, you aren't going to show that much improvement in less than a year, especially after being in the fight game for 2 decades... at least that's how I see it.
10/14/11 10:09 AM
CNDMMAFan

still would like to see marcus back, he always put on good fights
10/14/11 10:18 AM
DBerry

CNDMMAFan - still would like to see marcus back, he always put on good fights

Me too. Always fun to watch, gives it his all and even when he loses he goes out fighting. Remember seeing him in the UK a couple of times against Liaudan & Taylor - Great fights.
10/14/11 10:21 AM
JTfromCharlotte

TheSaver -
JTfromCharlotte - Chances are that he's appearing to be a better fighter because he is facing lesser skilled fighters. He last fought in the UFC Jan 1 of this year. At nearly 40 years old, you aren't going to show that much improvement in less than a year, especially after being in the fight game for 2 decades... at least that's how I see it.

He made Stephens look like an amateur.
He looked good, but the end result was what it was... Phone Post
10/14/11 11:17 AM
Bobby Lupo
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He was soundly outstriking Jeremy Stephens (until he got caught, It was his first cut to 55 and he looked sharp) and Stephens out struck Melvin Guillard who's nuts everyone on this forum was swinging from last week. Marcus Davis is always a FOTN waiting to happen. 

He should fight Phil Baroni at a catchweight
10/14/11 5:39 PM
CindyO

Gnarls Gnarlington - always exciting to watch fight.

I think so.

Cindy
10/14/11 6:20 PM
MMAConsulting
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Weekend's iPPV LIVE at www.GFL.tv

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.