UnderGround Forums

NFLGround >> Sit em Start em week 7.....

10/18/11 8:08 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Caleb
217 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let's do this...
10/18/11 9:27 AM
Caleb
217 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Caleb,

I am currently ranked highest based on pts but have 1 loss. I am playing a guy who is undefeated next week but has 60 pts less than me this season. Unfortunately I will be without my 2 star Patriots: Tom Brady and Wes Welker :-(

To increase my chances, I am trading Willis Mcgahee/Felix Jones for Tony Romo/Peyton Hillis. I still have Ray Rice/Mendenhall/Green-Ellis at RB. Romo is playing STL this week. I essentially traded injured RBs and a quality bench RB for a QB with a good matchup next week. I think ill trade Romo again once Brady comes of the bye.

What do you think of my trade?"

That is an awesome trade! Mcgahee and Jones are pretty worthless at this point. Tebow is going to take a lot of rushing yards away from Mcgahee and Murray is probably going to steal the starting RB role in Dallas. If you can grab Murray.. do it. I think he is going to shine against the Rams and build up confidence for the week after when they play the Eagles. Also, Hillis might not be out for too long.. so that would be another solid pickup.

What makes you think this guy is going to do that trade?
10/18/11 3:17 PM
alxholic
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ok, i need to know this one quick.. it is a waiver move. should i drop kolb for christian ponder? ponder looked good when he played last week.

i am in trouble with injuries and byes.. i hope andre johnson comes back this week. i might have to pickup and start some no name chump this week.
10/18/11 3:52 PM
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hi Coach,

I am in desperate need of a running back. Due to byes and injuries I have only one starter. Do you have any hot waiver wire tips that aren't Earnest Graham (not available). With Felix out, is Tashard or Demarco viable options if you desperate enough? Or should I try to get Ryan Grant, who is not doing much at all.

On defense, I was planning with rolling with the Cowgirls  against the Rams. Any other options or is this as safe a pick as I think it is?

10/18/11 4:28 PM
Caleb

alxholic - ok, i need to know this one quick.. it is a waiver move. should i drop kolb for christian ponder? ponder looked good when he played last week.

i am in trouble with injuries and byes.. i hope andre johnson comes back this week. i might have to pickup and start some no name chump this week.

No, stick with Kolb but keep an eye on Ponder if nobody else picks him up.
10/18/11 4:33 PM
Caleb

Edited: 10/18/11 4:43 PM
Waylay -  Hi Coach,

I am in desperate need of a running back. Due to byes and injuries I have only one starter. Do you have any hot waiver wire tips that aren't Earnest Graham (not available). With Felix out, is Tashard or Demarco viable options if you desperate enough? Or should I try to get Ryan Grant, who is not doing much at all.

On defense, I was planning with rolling with the Cowgirls  against the Rams. Any other options or is this as safe a pick as I think it is?

The stout defense of the Dallas Cowboys (America and God's team) is the best defensive play this week. I'm rolling with them and you should too.

Demarco Murray is a very solid pick up off the waiver wire this week. He will get the majority of the carries against the Rams. Some others would be Marshawn Lynch, Hardesty from Cleveland, Donald Brown, and Maurice Morris (Just make sure Best doesn't come back.
10/18/11 4:56 PM
endochokedme
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

.5 PPR league, need to pick 2 starters from the following

Ray Rice
Wills McGahee
Peyton Hillis (is he out?)
Mark Ingram

congrats on the red name too
10/18/11 7:05 PM
Gracie killar
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who do I grab as my wr/te flex this week off ww

Demaryius Thomas
Laurent Robinson
Greg Salas
Damien Williams

Ingram over battle for the rb flex right?

Options are limited this week half my team is on bye I will be dropping pierre thomas and Ridley most likely.

Thanks C
10/19/11 8:27 AM
Caleb

endochokedme - .5 PPR league, need to pick 2 starters from the following

Ray Rice
Wills McGahee
Peyton Hillis (is he out?)
Mark Ingram

congrats on the red name too

Normally I would say Rice and Hillis, but Hillis is day to day with his hamstring, so nobody knows really. Watch it close and if he does start, then roll with him and Rice. I have a feeling he won't be playing though.

So I would roll with Rice and Ingram. Mcgahee will more than likely lose some carries and some goal line carries to Tebow now that he is the QB. Ingram is getting goal line carries in NO.
10/19/11 10:01 AM
Beeno
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I must murder my opponent this week. He is a complete jackass and makes like 80 moves a season, not to mention trying to trade me Torrey Smith for Andre Johnson, or Kerry collins for Mike Wallace... driving me nuts.

Flacco or Cassel?
RB2: Ingram or Battle?

I need to make myself let the Steeler's D go, but I just can't do it. Somebody dropped the Jets last week so I snagged them (suckers) but I'm sure eventually I'll have to let Polamalu go :(
10/19/11 3:18 PM
Caleb

Beeno - I must murder my opponent this week. He is a complete jackass and makes like 80 moves a season, not to mention trying to trade me Torrey Smith for Andre Johnson, or Kerry collins for Mike Wallace... driving me nuts.

Flacco or Cassel?
RB2: Ingram or Battle?

I need to make myself let the Steeler's D go, but I just can't do it. Somebody dropped the Jets last week so I snagged them (suckers) but I'm sure eventually I'll have to let Polamalu go :(

Flacco hands down.
Ingram
10/19/11 3:56 PM
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How much of a boost will Oakland's WRs receive from the acquisition of Carson Palmer?

I'm rolling with Demarco Murray as my flex this week.
10/19/11 4:03 PM
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you were starting Hassleback this week, would you roll the dice and pick up Tebow off waivers? On nfl.com he is their start of the week for qb's.
10/19/11 4:16 PM
Ronin Burgundy
299 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Caleb, Y U only do 20day on SN bet?
10/19/11 4:24 PM
Caleb

Waylay -  If you were starting Hassleback this week, would you roll the dice and pick up Tebow off waivers? On nfl.com he is their start of the week for qb's.

I would pick up Tebow and start him over hasselback this week. Tebow is playing against Miami and Miami put zero pressure on Sanchez on Monday night. Tebow is a threat to run at any given time.. especially at the goal line and he is hard to stop. That could end up being a high scoring game.. because both teams have weak defense. I give him the edge against Hasselback and a lot of other QB'S this week. I actually have Rivers(Who has played like shit) against NYJ this week and I'm thinking of replacing him with Tebow.. seriously!
10/19/11 4:28 PM
Caleb

419 - How much of a boost will Oakland's WRs receive from the acquisition of Carson Palmer?

Well Palmer looked terrible last year and he hasn't played this year, so I would have to assume he is a little rusty.. but him being rusty may still be better than Campbell was healthy. Hard to say man. Only WR that is worth anything in Oakland is Hayward-bey
10/19/11 4:32 PM
Caleb

Ronin Burgundy - Caleb, Y U only do 20day on SN bet?

23 days.. but who is counting? They wouldn't make me a moderator with that gay screen name you gave me.
10/19/11 4:33 PM
Caleb

419 - How much of a boost will Oakland's WRs receive from the acquisition of Carson Palmer?

Murray is a great flex this week. He is my flex as well. He runs just as good as Felix does and he has decent hands as well. I can see him getting 70-90 yards and a TD this week.
10/20/11 1:03 AM
Ronin Burgundy
299 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Caleb - 
Ronin Burgundy - Caleb, Y U only do 20day on SN bet?

23 days.. but who is counting? They wouldn't make me a moderator with that gay screen name you gave me.

U earned gay sn. It would look great in red. I am dissapoint.
10/20/11 6:41 PM
leglockfan
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/20/11 6:43 PM
Possibly trade I am looking at in one league I am in (different than the other league I posted)

Steven Jackson, Brandon Lloyd, and Fred Davis for Greg Jennings. The reason I am over paying for Jennings is because I need the slot that 2 of those will give me so that I can pick up Brandon Jacobs (waiver) and Jonathan Stewart or just hang out on this slot. I have Pettigrew and Gates still for TEs. Hmmmm too much to overpay? 

***edit: lol I answered my own question I told him that was too much. I have a trade pending for Steve Smith and AJ Green though in exchange for Manningham, Lloyd, Jackson and Davis but it is to someone that did me a solid so a good swap there. 

10/20/11 9:52 PM
TheRealJoker
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Caleb - "Caleb,

I am currently ranked highest based on pts but have 1 loss. I am playing a guy who is undefeated next week but has 60 pts less than me this season. Unfortunately I will be without my 2 star Patriots: Tom Brady and Wes Welker :-(

To increase my chances, I am trading Willis Mcgahee/Felix Jones for Tony Romo/Peyton Hillis. I still have Ray Rice/Mendenhall/Green-Ellis at RB. Romo is playing STL this week. I essentially traded injured RBs and a quality bench RB for a QB with a good matchup next week. I think ill trade Romo again once Brady comes of the bye.

What do you think of my trade?"

That is an awesome trade! Mcgahee and Jones are pretty worthless at this point. Tebow is going to take a lot of rushing yards away from Mcgahee and Murray is probably going to steal the starting RB role in Dallas. If you can grab Murray.. do it. I think he is going to shine against the Rams and build up confidence for the week after when they play the Eagles. Also, Hillis might not be out for too long.. so that would be another solid pickup.

What makes you think this guy is going to do that trade?

He did the trade. I think the Cowboy homer in him made Jones close enough to Hillis value-wise. Plus he desperately needed a RB this week because his top pick, Lesean Mccoy, is on a bye week and # 2 RB Legarette Blount is hurt. That left him with just Pierre Thomas on the roster. I needed a QB this week which I got and he needed a RB. I think i'll come out looking good in the long run because I will be using Romo as trade bait after this week and I will get stronger depth at RB when Hillis returns.
10/20/11 9:54 PM
Caleb

leglockfan - Possibly trade I am looking at in one league I am in (different than the other league I posted)

Steven Jackson, Brandon Lloyd, and Fred Davis for Greg Jennings. The reason I am over paying for Jennings is because I need the slot that 2 of those will give me so that I can pick up Brandon Jacobs (waiver) and Jonathan Stewart or just hang out on this slot. I have Pettigrew and Gates still for TEs. Hmmmm too much to overpay? 

***edit: lol I answered my own question I told him that was too much. I have a trade pending for Steve Smith and AJ Green though in exchange for Manningham, Lloyd, Jackson and Davis but it is to someone that did me a solid so a good swap there. 

Go for it man.. that is a great trade. Jennings is a stud WR. Jackson and Llyod are on the same team..(It decreases your overall odds when you play a RB and WR on the same team). St Louis is about to be 0-6 and has problems scoring. Davis is just a notch above average for TE's, and you already have better TE's. That would be a steal if he accepts that trade.

I like your 2nd trade too.
10/20/11 10:41 PM
Tons

Demarco Murray or Maurice Morris
10/20/11 11:30 PM
leglockfan
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Caleb - 
leglockfan - Possibly trade I am looking at in one league I am in (different than the other league I posted)

Go for it man.. that is a great trade. Jennings is a stud WR. Jackson and Llyod are on the same team..(It decreases your overall odds when you play a RB and WR on the same team). St Louis is about to be 0-6 and has problems scoring. Davis is just a notch above average for TE's, and you already have better TE's. That would be a steal if he accepts that trade.

I like your 2nd trade too.

My actual hesistation on the Jackson/Davis/Lloyd for Jennings trade was what if Jackson hits the stretch where they have are playing ARI, CLE, SEA, for a few weeks and they put it together and he is getting good pts. I know he will still accept it. I put it on the back burner for the moment I wanted to see if my proposal for Smith and Green goes through I think I would be more comfortable with that. 

10/20/11 11:42 PM
TheRealJoker
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I need two starting WRs out of Reggie Wayne @NO, Santana Moss @ Car, and Torry Smith @ Jax. Who do I pick?

When should I decide to cut bait with Roddy White, if ever. I had just about given up on Mendenhall but started him last minute due to Law Firm's toe injury... hoping for a similar fantasy rebound out of White this week! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.