UnderGround Forums

NHLGround >> Avalanche are the surprise team this year

10/20/11 9:14 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Tebowkakke
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They have done it, they've finally done it. For years I have been saying they were not a physical enough team to compete. During their Cup runs they had amazing talent, mixed with guys like Adam Foote, Rob Blake, who were great players but also very physical. Then as the rules tightened they started falling in love with small defensemen who could skate well, but could not take anyone off the puck. Well they made the change this year and it shows. Smallest guy on the blue line is 190 in Hunwick and he even plays with a physical edge. However you add in Erik Johnson, Jan Hejda, Shane O'Brien, and Ryan O'Byrne who are all at least 6'3 and 230lbs, with Ryan Wilson who is a VERY physical player, and Kyle Quincey and you are looking at a defensive corps that will beat up on other teams forwards. Up front we are not as big, but are not small by any means. They play with a physical edge that Sacco brought to the team and they are looking very tough this year. Varlamov is a 23 year old future star in the NHL, and backing him up is Jean Sebastian Gigure. I'm telling you I like the way we are playing. The rest of the NHL needs to take note, if you play the Avalanche now not only can we skate and puck handle with the like of Duchene, Hejduk, O'Reily, Mueller, Stastny and the soon to be rookie of the year in Landeskogg, but we have great defensive minded forwards as well in Kobasew, McClemmet, and Winnick. Add them with legit power forwards in David Jones, Cody McCleod, and TJ Galliardi (doesn't have the size of a power forward but could be one of the best at getting under the other teams skin) and top to bottom this is the best Avalanche team we have had since the Cup run days. I am excited for this hockey season, which is something I haven't been able to say for a while.
10/31/11 1:31 PM
Bitters
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol no

to date it has been the oilers.

dead last in the season to current best in the west?
11/21/11 11:42 AM
Mark1
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Surprise?  The are in the bottom half of the standings... again.  

Mark
11/30/11 11:03 PM
Mark1

#13 in the West.

The Wild are the real surprise.

Mark Phone Post
12/5/11 9:57 PM
Kimbogun

Minny
Florida
Edmonton
12/6/11 2:44 AM
Jambo888
633 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm surprised by the Leafs.
12/11/11 1:30 PM
Spankenstyne
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

...and the curse continues lol.
12/11/11 3:58 PM
PR
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Avs are fucking terrible.
12/30/11 2:38 AM
PR
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PR - The Avs are fucking terrible.
2/20/12 3:46 PM
Mark1

Bitters - lol no

to date it has been the oilers.

dead last in the season to current best in the west?
LOL

Mark

2/25/12 12:25 AM
Lun8
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol at this thread...    Colorado trading Quincey for steve fucking downie was soo bad.. they were better off just giving him to Detroit for that 1st rounder 
10/11/13 2:11 AM
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looking good this year.....
2/21/14 10:47 AM
jagen

The Fella - 
Lun8 - Lol at this thread...    Colorado trading Quincey for steve fucking downie was soo bad.. they were better off just giving him to Detroit for that 1st rounder 

Disagree ...but maybe you are right since the Avs traded Downie away......

I liked Downie, he has that style of play that gets everyone pumped!

gonna miss hits like this.  

Dirty hit.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.