UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> FEDOR vs MONSON Promo

10/22/11 8:00 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Anton_Gurevich
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey, I took that picture... where's my well-deserved credit, damnit! ;)

Anyways - spoke to Fedor about adding weight. He explained to me that he "worked a lot with barbel", and that it's pretty easy for him to add muscle. He looks pretty impressive now.
10/22/11 8:01 PM
judom
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

well, forget the shitty promo, Monson IS a good fighter. And Cormier could not finish him, not standing and not on the ground. Period.

It doesn't matter who Fedor fights outside the UFC, people will always say he is not fighting the best.

I have to say the recent JDS vs. Cain trailer was also super lame, it was "25 wins - 1 loss " COMBINED record...LOL...I guess trying to justify the fact that these dudes have actually not had that many fights AT ALL...

Anyway, I feel people are too harsh on Monson, I think he is no worse than Carwin: who is slow, gasses after 1 round and got out-wrestled by a non-wrestler, and is old too.
10/22/11 8:02 PM
Anton_Gurevich
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey, I took that picture... where's my well-deserved credit, damnit! ;)

Anyways - spoke to Fedor about adding weight. He explained to me that he "worked a lot with barbel", and that it's pretty easy for him to add muscle. He looks pretty impressive now.
10/22/11 8:04 PM
judom
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

well, forget the shitty promo, Monson IS a good fighter. And Cormier could not finish him, not standing and not on the ground. Period.

It doesn't matter who Fedor fights outside the UFC, people will always say he is not fighting the best.

I have to say the recent JDS vs. Cain trailer was also super lame, it was "25 wins - 1 loss " COMBINED record...LOL...I guess trying to justify the fact that these dudes have actually not had that many fights AT ALL...

Anyway, I feel people are too harsh on Monson, I think he is no worse than Carwin: who is slow, gasses after 1 round and got out-wrestled by a non-wrestler, and is old too.
10/22/11 8:37 PM
judom

I didn't say Monson is better. I said he is not worse.

I think Carwin/Monson are roughly in the same equivalence class.

Both were decent wrestlers once, both are now old and slow. Carwin has better KO power and Monson has better ground game.

But regardless, Monson is a decent fighter, not worse than 1/2 of the super overhyped but weak UFC heavyweights.
10/22/11 11:55 PM
roscoegrinders
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I feel pathetic knowing I am still going to buy this shit card. I know it will probally suck and the fedor best years are over. Monson is a joke but still unless its 50 bucks I am buying this to see fedor get one last KO. I can be the worlds bigest sucker.
10/23/11 12:17 AM
1ChromosomeTooMany
1793 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love Monson, but how is calling an anarchist who defiles government buildings an American Hero not epically lame?
10/23/11 12:25 AM
hideo5
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He has beaten many great fighters, do not forget that.
10/23/11 12:57 AM
rockwell
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

judom - I didn't say Monson is better. I said he is not worse.

I think Carwin/Monson are roughly in the same equivalence class.

Both were decent wrestlers once, both are now old and slow. Carwin has better KO power and Monson has better ground game.

But regardless, Monson is a decent fighter, not worse than 1/2 of the super overhyped but weak UFC heavyweights.

It's funny as Monson would have a shot against Carwin. He's got a good chin and if it goes out the the first he'd stand a good chance of subbing Carwin for the win. ESPECIALLY the Carwin that Brock fought.
10/23/11 10:05 AM
forthis

46and2 - 
judom - People forget so quickly....

Didn't Monson just fight Cormier and go the distance ? And Cormier just destroyed "Big Foot" Antonio Silva.

MMA fans jump to such extremes...people are calling Monson a can but he IS a good fighter and if he gets Fedor down to the ground, he can submit him easily. Fedor's takedown defense is not great.

How dare you bring logical thought into this thread!

No matter WHO Fedor faced in this fight, it was outside the UFC and people were just chomping at the bit to say "Fedor is fighting a can"

It could have been ANYONE.

Fedor and M1 can do no right around here.

And really, I thnk M1 is trash just like many of you. I still can't blame them for hyping a fight (yet the American Hero comment is SUPER bullshit)

+1

I didn't look at M1's website, so I'm not sure if they posted the ppv price yet or not. I'd be going for the quantity of buys, which would mean I'd price it at $19.95. The fight is less than a month away, so if there not promoting the undercard now I think it's fair to say there probably isn't one. Would you rather have 50,000 buys at 49.95 or 200,000 buys at 19.95, I'd buy at for $20 bucks. That's a cheap nite!
10/23/11 10:05 AM
forthis

46and2 - 
judom - People forget so quickly....

Didn't Monson just fight Cormier and go the distance ? And Cormier just destroyed "Big Foot" Antonio Silva.

MMA fans jump to such extremes...people are calling Monson a can but he IS a good fighter and if he gets Fedor down to the ground, he can submit him easily. Fedor's takedown defense is not great.

How dare you bring logical thought into this thread!

No matter WHO Fedor faced in this fight, it was outside the UFC and people were just chomping at the bit to say "Fedor is fighting a can"

It could have been ANYONE.

Fedor and M1 can do no right around here.

And really, I thnk M1 is trash just like many of you. I still can't blame them for hyping a fight (yet the American Hero comment is SUPER bullshit)

+1

I didn't look at M1's website, so I'm not sure if they posted the ppv price yet or not. I'd be going for the quantity of buys, which would mean I'd price it at $19.95. The fight is less than a month away, so if there not promoting the undercard now I think it's fair to say there probably isn't one. Would you rather have 50,000 buys at 49.95 or 200,000 buys at 19.95, I'd buy at for $20 bucks. That's a cheap nite!
10/23/11 10:07 AM
Hypnotize
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

not a very good promo :)
10/23/11 10:16 AM
J-Lo tapped that ass
539 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Magic8 - 
J-Lo tapped that ass - LOL @ including a clip of Fedor dropping Hendo!

okay...?
The reason being, most folks will immediately think to themselves, "Didn't he get KOed 30 seconds after that."  Not the best highlight to offer.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.