UnderGround Forums

PhilosophyGround >> What is the nature of sin and heaven?

10/23/11 1:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Stronghold
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The one thing that really bothers me the more I ponder it over the years is the entire nature of Christian heaven.

Okay, so we have adopted the VERY Jewish notion that we are all guilty and imperfect; like a Jewish mother nagging her children to sit up straight and how they are never good enough.

But, I get that. What good are goals of perfection if we don't constantly try to be better and are reminded that we are not?

But we is the Kingdom of Heaven ONLY open those people that are perfect? How does one sin, which by our very imperfect nature demand of us, invalidate us and bar the way to God's loving, perfect Heaven?

We were made imperfect, we remain so, cannot be perfect, and yet will be punished for God's imperfection in creation...

I don't get that contradiction. What am I missing?

And, please, Heathens, no bullshit about how it is all a knowing lie. People really believe all of this and I must be missing something.
11/11/11 10:24 AM
vermonter
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/11/11 10:26 AM
Well, in the scriptures jesus wrote "WRONG FORUM ASSHOLE."

Try the holyground or the harrypotterground if you are seeking deep discussions regarding works of fiction.

To save you some time, I'm certain you'll get an answer about simply needing to ask for forgiveness to get into heaven, which is pretty fundamental christian knowledge, and not really much of a thinker.
11/11/11 10:41 AM
vermonter
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never mind, i see that you have posted this there as well. Hope you found what you're looking for.
11/15/11 2:25 PM
Subadie
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

[searches for harrypotterground]

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.