UnderGround Forums

PetGround >> MicroChip

10/24/11 12:13 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
mofit
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

how do they work, is it only if they are taken to the vet or shelter? or if they were to go missing do they have a way to track them down like GPS?
11/6/11 9:47 PM
sicko
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not a GPS. But if a stray is found they'll often check to see if it's been chipped.

I've never looked into it (currently don't own a pet), but as I understand it it's basically a little RF ID that sits in it's scuff. When scanned the unique RF ID is read and the information kept in a national database can then be looked up for the information regarding that pet.

Like I said I've never looked into it, so that's my guess. Please double check the info I provided, b/c I could easily be (mistakenly) spreading misinformation
11/16/11 5:37 PM
yinston
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sicko - Not a GPS. But if a stray is found they'll often check to see if it's been chipped.

I've never looked into it (currently don't own a pet), but as I understand it it's basically a little RF ID that sits in it's scuff. When scanned the unique RF ID is read and the information kept in a national database can then be looked up for the information regarding that pet.

Like I said I've never looked into it, so that's my guess. Please double check the info I provided, b/c I could easily be (mistakenly) spreading misinformation

in dummy terms: its about the size of a piece of rice and has no outgoing signal. It only reacts when "scanned" by giving off a serial number. much like putting a barcode on the back of its neck

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.