UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Gracie: If we finish Penn, we want GSP

10/24/11 5:08 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

On Saturday, Diaz has a chance to make his case as the true No. 1 welterweight contender when he faces BJ Penn. And according to his trainer and manager Cesar Gracie, if Diaz decisively wins the bout that night, they'll ask to bypass Carlos Condit and get bumped back into his original position as GSP's next challenger.

"This is the UFC so there's always that chance," Gracie said on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour. "There's no question about it that I will ask for that if Nick has a tremendous performance and he can finish BJ, I would ask for that. But the biggest thing is if the fans want it. If the fans all ask for that, Dana [White] is a smart guy. He knows the sport is about the fans. So who knows?"

Of course, much is dependent on Diaz winning.

It was a fight that neither side wanted, stemming from Penn's longstanding relationship with the camp. In fact, years ago, he fought for the first time ever while under the Team Cesar Gracie banner.

read entire article...

10/24/11 5:14 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i like it..winner fights gsp..loser fights condit...from a business perspective, that is the arrangement that makes the most sense since condit still needs to be built up
10/24/11 5:17 PM
32Hunter

Gsp-Diaz take 2 I can't wait. Phone Post
10/24/11 5:19 PM
ClinchedUp

If Diaz wins theres no point of letting Condit fight GSP when Nicks the true number one contender. Phone Post
10/24/11 5:20 PM
Mr Sponge

Diaz vs Condit would be fun Phone Post
10/24/11 5:30 PM
MarioMD

Loser vs Condit, and winner of that fight, fights Fitch? i think we all forgot about him.
10/24/11 5:37 PM
slamming

Penn isnt getting a 3rd shot at GSP.
10/24/11 5:38 PM
Carlos ConDOit
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ClinchedUp - If Diaz wins theres no point of letting Condit fight GSP when Nicks the true number one contender. Phone Post
How is he true number1? He hasnt beat anyone and bj is a lightweight anyway. Fitch, koscheck, condit, alves, johnson, would all push nicks shit in. It dont really matter tho cuz diaz will get finished by pen anyway Phone Post
10/24/11 5:39 PM
Carlos ConDOit
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im not trying to bash nick either i just dont believe the hype Phone Post
10/24/11 5:41 PM
ClinchedUp

Carlos ConDOit -
ClinchedUp - If Diaz wins theres no point of letting Condit fight GSP when Nicks the true number one contender. Phone Post
How is he true number1? He hasnt beat anyone and bj is a lightweight anyway. Fitch, koscheck, condit, alves, johnson, would all push nicks shit in. It dont really matter tho cuz diaz will get finished by pen anyway Phone Post
I was going to argue with you until I saw your SN. Phone Post
10/24/11 5:41 PM
Freakin 10er
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"If we finish Penn, everyone wants GSP"

fixed for him. Looking forward to this one
10/24/11 5:42 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
I still want to see GSP/Diaz.
10/24/11 5:52 PM
Radford Martel

Yeah I want to see Diaz v GSP
10/24/11 6:02 PM
Cann
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would rather see Diaz vs GSP, but only if Diaz finishes BJ, not win a close decision. Diaz vs GSP seems like a more interesting fight. Though, Dana gave the shot for Condit to fight GSP, so it wouldn't seem right for him to take it away. But the more interesting fight is GSP-Diaz, imo.
10/24/11 6:22 PM
JerodR
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diaz is going to have to dominate BJ to have any kind of a case for jumping over Condit for the title shot. Anything can happen but that is a tough job for anyone.
10/24/11 6:31 PM
crowbar
742 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Growing up,my step-father would tell me to,want in one hand....and shit in the other,and see what one fills up first.
10/24/11 6:33 PM
jjj2121

Can't do that to Condit.

If Nick wins, put GSP/Condit together ASAP and have Nick at cageside to do the post fight staredown with the winner...he can hang with Rashad and get some pointers about how to ruin special nights.
10/24/11 6:49 PM
tapi

Condit can go back to fighting n00bs if Diaz wins in dominant fashion. Everybody knows Condit to Diaz is like Kongo to JDS.
10/24/11 6:51 PM
Ansari
411 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jjj2121 -  Can't do that to Condit.

10/24/11 6:57 PM
Strykr619

LOL at Diaz getting a shot considering most 5 of the current 10 top WW would push his face in.
10/24/11 7:01 PM
kinkle

Ansari - 

Who cares about Condit, feed him to Fitch, Koscheck, or Penn. The people want GSP/Diaz, not a snoozefest that would be GSP/Condit.
10/24/11 7:07 PM
jjj2121

kinkle - 
Ansari - 

Who cares about Condit, feed him to Fitch, Koscheck, or Penn. The people want GSP/Diaz, not a snoozefest that would be GSP/Condit.

I have a secret.  Condit is a better fighter than Diaz.
10/24/11 7:08 PM
Hob
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well that's the easy part, talking about it.  Now you have to do it, which he can't and won't. 

I'm a Diaz fan, but he has nothing for BJ.
10/24/11 7:08 PM
jjj2121

tapi - Condit can go back to fighting n00bs if Diaz wins in dominant fashion. Everybody knows Condit to Diaz is like Kongo to JDS.

Yeah he's had a real easy road.  Ellenberger, RoryMac, Stun Gun...total cans.  Nothing next to KJ Noons, Zaromskis, or Evangelista Cyborg.
10/24/11 7:29 PM
kinkle

jjj2121 - 
 I have a secret.  Condit is a better fighter than Diaz.

LMAO!!!! I guess the UFC hype machine does brainwash some people.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.