UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Video-Chuck on Hawaii 5.0

10/25/11 1:27 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
D241
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think it's safe to say he's retired for good.
10/25/11 1:40 AM
bizsirker

thats him after re hydrating. he looked real drawn out at the weigh ins. haha. glad to see he is enjoying the retirement. funny thing is he could be in better shape after 4 weeks than any of us have been in our whole lives.
10/25/11 3:11 PM
sadisticsoldier
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ProteinPower - Roy lookin good.

I seriously thought it was Roy Nelson on the front page.
10/25/11 4:19 PM
dogfb
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why does MMA in anything look so wrong and cheesy. so dumb.
10/25/11 4:33 PM
Ew0k187

lol teila tuli @ the end
10/25/11 4:53 PM
UncleDavid

lol that fatso would still kick the asses of all of us
10/25/11 9:29 PM
Cann
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

maybe just me video doesn't work in firefox or chrome, weird.
10/25/11 9:56 PM
mmavixen
1112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dogfb - Why does MMA in anything look so wrong and cheesy. so dumb.

Wondering the same thing...
10/25/11 10:32 PM
Shinsplint
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm assuming he doesn't work in the office for the UFC anymore. Does this mean he's going to fight for Proelite now?
Can't imagine DFW being too impressed with the promotion.
10/25/11 11:28 PM
chaplinshouse
703 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^it's a tv show genius
10/25/11 11:42 PM
fightcity
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

video is broken
10/26/11 12:07 AM
arctictwist

Wow. He still works for UFC, its a tv show, episode aired last night and DFW was fine with it. They talked about this on this site about a month ago.

Side note, wasnt he really ripped last time he fought?
10/26/11 12:26 AM
Shinsplint
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chaplinshouse - ^^it's a tv show genius

<<Wall of text warning>>

No kidding.. Its pure conjecture but let me explain my logic.

Chuck sort of got forced into retirement after the KO by Franklin. His new position in the company was announced as "Executive Vice President of Business Development." by Dana White.

"Many people helped get us to where we are today," White continued. "But there has been one guy that really stands out, as a great fighter, a great champion, a great partner, and a great friend. So I am thrilled to announce that Chuck is now one of our top executives." Dana White

At the UFC 125 press conference Liddell had this to say about his new position.

"I love the sport and I'm excited to go into a new stage in my life and keep promoting something that I love," Liddell said. "I've enjoyed everything about being a professional athlete and a UFC champion. At this point in my life though, the real challenge for me is to continue helping the UFC become the global powerhouse that we all know it will become. I look forward to working with everyone at the UFC, especially all of the fighters, to make the UFC the biggest and most successful sports organization." Chuck Liddell

Now Chuck is a fighter at heart, and a former champion, and I can't imagine going out on a loss would sit well for him.
A UFC tenured salary of sorts for a legend of the sport would likely be a sizable one. So why would a "senior" executive of the UFC take a cameo spot on a popular television show representing himself fighting for a rival promotion? Did he need the money at the time bad enough to risk losing an easy paycheck? Or could it be possible he wants to get back in the cage? Do you not recognize a conflict of interest here?

Quotes were taken from this article
http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/2010/1231/535144/chuck-liddell/
10/26/11 12:32 AM
Shinsplint

arctictwist - Wow. He still works for UFC, its a tv show, episode aired last night and DFW was fine with it. They talked about this on this site about a month ago.

Side note, wasnt he really ripped last time he fought?

Well sorry if its old news. Just seems kind of strange to me.
10/26/11 1:44 AM
arctictwist

Im gonna say that its because UFC didnt let the show use their name, logo or likliness because of their relationship with FOX and the show is on CBS.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.