UnderGround Forums

NFLGround >> Sit em Start em week 8

10/25/11 10:17 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Caleb
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bring em on...
10/25/11 11:55 AM
alxholic
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rivers has been pissing me off. but it's the wrong time to trade. i'd be selling low. plus come winter time his SD home field will be an asset. what about ryan fitzpatrick? i've read from other sources that the BUF schedule is about to get brutal and he is gonna suck. Time to sell high?

also, i drops B-JGE for jon stewart for the bye. i can pick him back up, but the two seems pretty even to me. who's the better back?

what do you think about the 3rd-4th-5th WR for GB? i have tons of injuries at the WR position and looking for some help. i see james jones available. Have the packs became the saints where anyone can have a big game but you can't expect anyone to be consistant?
10/25/11 12:11 PM
uratoker2
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I need to know what the fluck is going on with Phillip Rivers! What a massive dissapointment. Vincent Jackson needs to step sh!t up, too. And Kevin Corn-on-the Kolb has destroyed Fitz's value.....
10/25/11 2:45 PM
Caleb
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

alxholic - rivers has been pissing me off. but it's the wrong time to trade. i'd be selling low. plus come winter time his SD home field will be an asset. what about ryan fitzpatrick? i've read from other sources that the BUF schedule is about to get brutal and he is gonna suck. Time to sell high?

also, i drops B-JGE for jon stewart for the bye. i can pick him back up, but the two seems pretty even to me. who's the better back?

what do you think about the 3rd-4th-5th WR for GB? i have tons of injuries at the WR position and looking for some help. i see james jones available. Have the packs became the saints where anyone can have a big game but you can't expect anyone to be consistant?

BGE is the better back and he gets goal line carries... hold on to him.

The pack is almost as bad as the Saints.. main safe receivers on that team are Jennings and Finley. However, if you are hurting badly.. then Jordy Nelson or James Jones are good pickups.
10/25/11 2:50 PM
Caleb

uratoker2 - I need to know what the fluck is going on with Phillip Rivers! What a massive dissapointment. Vincent Jackson needs to step sh!t up, too. And Kevin Corn-on-the Kolb has destroyed Fitz's value.....

His major problem is Antonio Gates. Gates used to be a major safety outlet for him. Gates has been out of a lot of games this season and even though he came back and did good, he wasn't fully himself.

Look for Rivers to get better during the 2nd half of football. Believe me, I know your pain.. I drafted him too and he has murdered me. I went with Tebow over him last week.. Yeah, it was that bad. Tebow tore it up for me too.. I got like 35 points out of him. Now I'm debating what to do this week.. Tebow at home vs. Detroit or Rivers on the road against KC?
10/26/11 11:44 AM
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/26/11 11:47 AM
Detroit's ends get upfield in a hurry, and Suh is a dominant defensive tackle. On the other hand, it's possible to use that aggression against the Lions with traps and screens. That said, Tebow isn't making his reads quickly enough and may get eaten alive. Unfortunately, there's only one way to find out how he'll perform. Thankfully, I have Brees vs. the Rams.
10/26/11 1:03 PM
alxholic
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

anyway, i'm expecting an easy week. my opponent has abandoned the team for whatever reason but she's been winning because she had aaron rogers in the starting spot on the roster. this week is his bye. i'll win this week but this is a bar league that counts total points in the end.
10/27/11 9:17 AM
TheRealJoker
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I need a starting RB out of BGJE/Mendenhall/Hillis. Who should I go with?

I don't know if Hillis will even play, Mendenhall is inconsistent, and I am not sure how the Law Firm will stack up against the Steel curtain.
10/27/11 9:45 AM
Caleb

TheRealJoker - I need a starting RB out of BGJE/Mendenhall/Hillis. Who should I go with?

I don't know if Hillis will even play, Mendenhall is inconsistent, and I am not sure how the Law Firm will stack up against the Steel curtain.

I would go Mendenhall out of this mix. He will get all the carries and he will get goal line carries as well. BJGE can be inconsistent from week to week and no telling what is up with Hillis...and SF has a very tough defense.
10/27/11 7:17 PM
alxholic

Coach

TE: Ron Gronkowski vs Fred Davis

If Andre Johnson is able to come back, then one of these will have to sit. Who?

Chris Johnson, Jonathan Stewart, steve johnson.

10/27/11 10:08 PM
Caleb

alxholic - Coach

TE: Ron Gronkowski vs Fred Davis

If Andre Johnson is able to come back, then one of these will have to sit. Who?

Chris Johnson, Jonathan Stewart, steve johnson.

Gronk.. he is a #1 TE. Fred has been looking good too..no denying that but Gronk is a TD machine. Although I hope Hernandez catches 2 TD's since he is on my roster.

I have Andre as well but I fear he is going to sit.. he practiced Wednesday but said it didn't go like he thought and if today was Sunday he probably wouldn't play. They can beat Jacksonville without him.. so prepare for him to sit one more week.

If you end up having to sit one of those it would be Jonathan Stewart. Johnson & Johnson have good match ups.
10/28/11 9:39 AM
leglockfan
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm having TE dilemmas in 2 leagues

Brandon Pettigrew vs DEN or
Antonio Gates vs KC

and

Fred Davis vs BUF

10/28/11 5:58 PM
Caleb

leglockfan - I'm having TE dilemmas in 2 leagues

Antonio Gates vs KC

and

Fred Davis vs BUF

Gates and Davis
10/28/11 6:33 PM
TheRealJoker
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AJ is out this week. Phone Post
10/28/11 7:15 PM
MentalRage
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gronk or Whitten? I picked up Gronk on the waiver wire. I couldn't believe someone actually dropped him.
10/28/11 7:51 PM
Tons
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Steve Breaston
Eric Decker
Torrey Smith
Emanual Sanders
Hines Ward
Jerome Simpson

I just dropped Decker for Breaston.  I think Breaston is on the up, and for a bye week fill in a decent matchip.
10/28/11 7:59 PM
leglockfan
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MentalRage - Gronk or Whitten? I picked up Gronk on the waiver wire. I couldn't believe someone actually dropped him.
We have had some really stupid drops in the leagues I am in but probably none that bad 

10/28/11 8:17 PM
leglockfan

Tebow or Fitzpatrick
10/28/11 8:26 PM
alxholic

leglockfan - Tebow or Fitzpatrick

does your league penalize for incompletions?
10/28/11 8:59 PM
leglockfan

alxholic - 

does your league penalize for incompletions?
No it is a standard ESPN league. 

10/29/11 3:40 PM
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I had the same choice and went with Fitz. Tebow got the bulk of his points in a last minute flurry he is unlikely to reproduce against the Lions. Fitz has had the bye week and the Redskins are on the slide.  But I think neither are good options. I was thinking of dropping one for Hassleback against the Colts this week, but I don't want to be stuck with Hassleback down the stretch. I am interested on what Caleb has to say on this choice.
10/29/11 11:51 PM
leglockfan

Dang it... I am questioning on playing Garcon or Manningham too.. Manningham is playing against the Dolphins and he is healthy and Garcon might not be capable of replicating those big games that he did before. 

Or even crazier... benching Desean Jackson :/

10/30/11 11:46 AM
sicko
311 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/30/11 11:48 AM
Frank Gore vs the CLE defense, or Ryan Mathews vs the KC defense?

I've got Gore in the line up now, but with Tobert unlikely to play and Mathew's numbers versus KC last time, I keep thinking I might need to change.

Let me add this, my other RB starting is Fred Jackson, so technically I could go with Gore & Mathews and bench Jackson
10/30/11 12:17 PM
MentalRage
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would never bench Fred Jackson. I would start Mathews if it was my choice.
10/30/11 12:22 PM
manny99
450 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I say role with Gore over Mathews, personally. Do you have a flex spot? Start all 3 if you can.

Flex play: Demayrius Thomas, Montario Hardesty (assuming Hillis is out), Braylon Edwards?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.