UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Schaub: Tell me where to sign for Werdum

10/25/11 9:05 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1062 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

"I don't really care. To fight a guy like Werdum would be great. Me mentioning his name is nothing disrespectful at all. I've got nothing but respect for him. I think he's ranked number five in the world and he's one of the biggest names out there. That's why I brought his name up, and I think he'd be one hell of a challenge for me. Tell me where to sign."

As for whether the fight could realistically happen in the near future, that's a different question. There have been all sort of rumors about Werdum negotiating with the UFC for a return to the Octagon, and he certainly wouldn't be the first Strikeforce heavyweight to make the jump now that the Strikeforce World Heavyweight Grand Prix is down to two remaining finalists.

Werdum may not be back in the fold just yet, but Schaub is optimistic that a little heat behind this match-up could expedite the process.

"I definitely think it's feasible. The only relevant fight left in Strikeforce as far as the heavyweights go is [Daniel] Cormier and [Josh] Barnett. The rest of them, it seems like they are coming over. I have no idea what kind of situation Werdum's in with the UFC, but maybe this will kind of speed things up and they can make that happen."

read entire article...

10/25/11 9:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
WheresBobbySouthworth
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Schaub should be fighting Stefan Struve, not getting a step up after being knocked out by Noguiera. Maybe he's the HW Akiyama, losing his way up the ladder.
10/25/11 9:10 PM
Paradiso

heroder - Got to respect Scuab this time hes calling out someone not past his prime.

but regardless

Werdum has underrated striking. Alot more technical and faster then Scuabs.

plus I think if Werdum can use his Judo more he can get Scuab to the ground also

It is like the Overeem fight never happened.
10/25/11 9:12 PM
MoFiasco

Very winnable fight for Shaub, I think with the right game plan he could dominate werdum. Phone Post
10/25/11 9:51 PM
mmavixen
1111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not trying to be bitchy here, but didn't Scahaub call out Big Nog?  IMHO, once you call out a guy and lose, especially the way he lost) your calling out card is expired (at least until further notice).
10/25/11 9:58 PM
vandelay
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Left kick cemetery - Werdum by what he wants when he wants Schaub isnt on his level yet
Agreed. Phone Post
10/25/11 10:10 PM
grafzep
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would like to see this fight. Schaub is insufferably cocky but he hits hard and I think is a still a very good prospect. Werdum is inconsistent and overrated imo but he should definately be the favorite in this match.
10/25/11 10:44 PM
stlnl2
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is it just me or is Shaub only about trying to search far and wide for the guys who make the best possible style matches for him? Let the guy fight someone more appropriate to his level, like Mitrione maybe. Then we wont have to hear from him for a while.
10/25/11 10:51 PM
lgi

Werdum called Shaub out, not the other way around.
10/25/11 11:19 PM
un3rgr0und

I swear this kid is the master at calling out legends past their prime. like if he wins its going to mean anything

so what dude, fight him at his best in his prime and see what happens to u
10/25/11 11:53 PM
MoFiasco

un3rgr0und - I swear this kid is the master at calling out legends past their prime. like if he wins its going to mean anything

so what dude, fight him at his best in his prime and see what happens to u
Werdum call him out and werdum isn't past his prime. Phone Post
10/26/11 2:56 PM
JediJitsu
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WheresBobbySouthworth - Schaub should be fighting Stefan Struve, not getting a step up after being knocked out by Noguiera. Maybe he's the HW Akiyama, losing his way up the ladder.
Agreed. Phone Post
10/26/11 3:03 PM
Dr Gonzo
182 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Werdum would have his way with Schaub

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.