UnderGround Forums

Wrestling UnderGround >> First collegiate wrestling practice

10/25/11 11:18 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Wallison
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just got back from training with the wrestling club at my college for the first time. They are getting ready for the season and I got to say for not having any prior wrestling I feel like a didn't do to bad ( I got worked of course) but man I don't know how these guys do it they are monsters. I was tired after just their warm up. Phone Post
10/26/11 7:11 AM
ChipW
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did you walk on the team? Phone Post
10/26/11 10:13 AM
Wallison
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ya I was taking wrestling as a P.E credit and the coach told my I should try to. So I did and they are letting me practice with them but I'm not going to compete till next year. Phone Post
10/26/11 11:15 AM
ChipW
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thats great!  good luck with it.   Keep us posted on how it goes.  The learning curve is going to be steep but man i admire your willingness to get out there and give it a go.  

Is there a lot of technique being taught?  From what ive seen of college practices its more physical than anything.  Most of the guys have a good grasp of technique already.  That may just be because the time of year  it is with the coaches trying to sort ouyt the line up before the matches begin.  

Where do you go to school?
10/26/11 11:21 AM
Wallison

It's definitely tough. They do a little technique for 30 minutes or so just working on stuff sole of the guys are having problems with then its a lot of situational drilling and then it gets super physical. And coming from a bjj and sambo background it's tough to match their intensity. Phone Post
10/26/11 11:22 AM
ChipW

Edited: 10/26/11 11:24 AM
.Good stuff man.   Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.