UnderGround Forums

BookGround >> Prince of Thorns

10/26/11 4:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MrMead
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great book that I just finished. Dark fantasy series and this is the first book. Check it out.
10/27/11 4:21 PM
slam1523
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

better or worse than abercrombie?
10/27/11 4:46 PM
MrMead
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Better. I really liked it and the premise of the series.
10/27/11 9:38 PM
CrazyPope
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like a good book from the summary on amazon, I'll check it out.
10/28/11 11:20 AM
slam1523

bought it yesterday and finished it on the commute this morning.

fast paced, easy to read, very entertaining, but not as good as abercrombie, imo. abercrombie is deeper and a bit more twisted. i will buy the next one.
11/1/11 2:17 PM
MrMead

If you havent read The Lies of Locke Lamorra that is one of my favorite books.
11/22/11 3:18 PM
panic686
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What is the concept for this book?
11/23/11 6:28 PM
MrMead

Kind of hard to explain. The land they live in has multiple kingdoms that are at war. The main character is the son of the strongest king but he leaves his kingdom after his mother and brother are killed by another family and his father does nothing about it. The boy rescues some thieves and bandits from his castle and takes off with them to become a man and avenge his mothers death. That's all I can say without spoilers. Phone Post
5/21/13 3:05 PM
BadRed

MrMead -  Kind of hard to explain. The land they live in has multiple kingdoms that are at war. The main character is the son of the strongest king but he leaves his kingdom after his mother and brother are killed by another family and his father does nothing about it. The boy rescues some thieves and bandits from his castle and takes off with them to become a man and avenge his mothers death. That's all I can say without spoilers. Phone Post

I haven't finished the book yet but the kid is one hard-hearted son of a gun. I've enjoyed it thus far.
6/23/13 12:38 PM
CrazyPope
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I ended up reading this and the sequal a few months ago. I enjoyed the first one, and the second was good too, but the ending got kind of stupid. Still worth the read if you like dark fantasy.
12/30/13 4:01 PM
Phundamental
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i was disappointed with this book. expected more. It was a good fast paced quick read, but if you're looking to for depth this book doesn't really have it. still pretty good for a quick read though.
12/30/13 4:09 PM
BadDog

Phundamental - i was disappointed with this book. expected more. It was a good fast paced quick read, but if you're looking to for depth this book doesn't really have it. still pretty good for a quick read though.

I have to agree with this. I want to say more flattering things about it but I would be commenting on my hopes for the book rather than on the book itself.
12/31/13 4:46 PM
MrMead

I agree it does lack in substance but it was his first novel. Have the next book but haven't had a chance to read it yet. Check out The Lies of Locke Lamora. The third book just came out but the first is one of my favorite books of all time. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.