UnderGround Forums

Hawai'i Underground >> Elderly workers and tip jars

10/26/11 6:18 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MOB U2
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have made a mental note that after YEARS of tipping people at the tip jars, only ELDERLY people thank me for doing so.

I made a vow to not tip the tip jar ever again.

But today I experimented and tipped the old Hawaiian lady making my coffee.

She was with profuse mahalo.

I don't mind another military draft.
10/26/11 6:22 PM
MOB U2
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

oh yeah I would've re-commented on the old tip thread but as Primus says, "My name is mud" . . . so I don't have the abilities to resurrect it myself.
10/26/11 8:35 PM
TheAlchemist
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/26/11 8:42 PM
young or old, if you're just ringing up my order and calling my number when it's ready- fuck your tip jar. 
10/26/11 8:44 PM
TheAlchemist
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

well, i might throw in my loose change once in a while but never a serious tip.
10/26/11 10:07 PM
FCTV808
260 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I say again, I use the tip jar for exact change so I don't have to break a dollar nor allow fucktard to do their chinese math.

Its really about them and not me.
10/29/11 6:14 AM
MOB U2

Bro I just try to keep service workers in mind y'know. I tip the tip jar when I can.

NOT ONE young person EVER thanked me that I can remember in the past two years. Not barista, not lunch wagon (and NO I'm not kidding), not resto. And I know it's been two years b/c I been really conscious about it since a lot of my wife's friends were former food service workers while working in college. So I heard all their laments.

Waiters/waitresses do thank me for tipping when they serve. Bartenders too (not all the time). But man, y'know I don't JUST put my change in. Sometimes if I'm just meeting a cat and just will buy a tea or something I'll tip two bucks.

I figure a thank you would be okay but I won't even get that only from older people.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.