UnderGround Forums

Hawai'i Underground >> found me a REALLY GOOD BURGER today!

10/27/11 3:48 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
FCTV808
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

found myself in kamuela for lunch today and ran into this pretty cool burger place next to teh parker ranch store.

it's called VILLAGE BURGER, KAMUELA

and they serve all local grassfed beef.  Here's teh menu:

the line was short as i rolled in at about 130, and the place was clean and service was good.  You can see the kitchen and prep too which is always a good thing when things run well...

well, i went with the Kahua Burger (Wagyu style Local Beef!) -- and yes, had the fries too. :)

a little closer look

meat was very tasty and kobe-ish.  everything was fresh and local grown as well. 

good stuff.

if you ever find yourself in Kamuela, do yourself a favor and grab yourself a burger. you won't regret it. :)

10/27/11 4:57 AM
Matt Phillips
831 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I need to get to the other islands. I barely get out of Waikiki :( lol
10/27/11 5:00 AM
FCTV808
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

u shud. if it weren't for that godforsaken volcano, i'd love the big island.
10/27/11 5:31 AM
Magnum TA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FCTV808 - u shud. if it weren't for that godforsaken volcano, i'd love the big island.

Who cares? If it really goes everyone over here is going to die anyway from the following tsunamis that will make Japan look like disneyland.
10/27/11 5:42 AM
T.Jay Thompson
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Magnum TA - 
FCTV808 - u shud. if it weren't for that godforsaken volcano, i'd love the big island.

Who cares? If it really goes everyone over here is going to die anyway from the following tsunamis that will make Japan look like disneyland.
another gem of sunshine from mr. k

10/27/11 5:46 AM
FCTV808

i for one welcome those tsunamis.
10/27/11 6:05 AM
Magnum TA

T.Jay Thompson - 
Magnum TA - 

another gem of sunshine from mr. k

10/27/11 6:21 AM
Magnum TA

I am just saying if Mark loves the Big Island the volcano should not be deal breaker for him moving there to a happier life.
10/27/11 2:50 PM
TheAlchemist
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Burger looks great but what I'm most impressed about are those menus. They look handwritten and if that's the case, that's a friggin Picasso menu.
10/27/11 2:53 PM
FCTV808

yes it's very impressive!

owner/chef - local japanese. :)
10/28/11 8:36 PM
kanotoa
180 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Best burger in Hawaii IMHO is the Big Ronald at Joe's on the green. It is $12 for the burger and fries but it is a real treat, and we get half off when we are in uniform.

It has a 1/4 patty, teri, bbq, and another sauce, jalapenos, onion rings and some other stuff. it is so tall I compress it to bite it.

It is pricy but everything is in Poipu, it is a solid value for the resort area.
10/28/11 8:37 PM
kanotoa
180 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like higashi's for local style burgers, it's less than $4 I think.
10/28/11 9:57 PM
FCTV808

meat is from where kanotoa?
10/28/11 10:54 PM
kanotoa

I dunno, mainland somewhere.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.