UnderGround Forums

Weapons UnderGround >> knife story from work the other day

10/27/11 12:32 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BshMstr
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this isn't really all that amazing of a story, but thought i'd share it as i think there are a few interesting points...

i'm a police officer, and was dealing with a weirdo drunk who was wandering downtown freaking people out... i had done a quick pat down (Terry search for weapons), and was just getting ready to tell him to go home. he was pointing where he lived, and kind of extnded his arm near my head, when my partner yelled "knife!"

i did kind of a combo of the SPEAR and a scared kitten, and tied up his arm and body. i was confused as i didn't see the knife, and my partner told me that this guys was known to put a pocket knife under his wrist band (that i missed). i found the knife, and sent the guy home....

a couple things i got from this...i use the SPEAR or variations from time to time, and am impressed how effective it is. and i need to search better, because i clearly missed a knife, and this is a guy who had no intention of doing bad things to me. from now on i'm gonna wonder why someone's wearing wrist bands if they're not playing basketball...
11/2/11 9:46 PM
Demitrius Barbito
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good lesson learned.
11/13/11 12:43 AM
John Frankl
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good lesson. Great partner. Glad you're safe.
11/13/11 1:12 AM
BshMstr
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thanks guys.

it was kind of stupid, i wasn't paying attnetion, but it worked out okay and got me and my partner refocused...

3/1/12 7:52 AM
Last Don
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great eyes by your partner.

Glad it turned out ok.
3/3/12 12:26 AM
BshMstr

Last Don - Great eyes by your partner.

Glad it turned out ok.

yup. i've since paid a lot more attention to what he says...
6/28/12 9:13 PM
Stephen_Carnes
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lesson learned.
7/14/12 7:35 AM
WidespreadPanic
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I feel for the cops in this regard, because they have to get inside the safe close distance to interrogate. I'd advocate always using  'detainee safety' restraint and pat down if your spidey sense goes off.

For normal citizens, just have backup and keep some distance and your eyes on their hands, not on your ticket book. Hard to do as they send officers out singly nowdays to save $$

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.