UnderGround Forums

Hawai'i Underground >> tell me something GOOD about your RACE

10/27/11 5:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
FCTV808
301 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mine:

most of us know when to STFD.

(most)
10/27/11 8:38 PM
Sgt. Slaphead
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

White trash from Georgia=BBQ and Guns

Zipperhead=asian bitches and rice!
10/27/11 9:00 PM
armbarring
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black = Run fast, good at sports, Rhythm

Spainard puerto Rican = Permanent tan, can dance, sluts?
10/27/11 9:34 PM
Magnum TA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bad? Phone Post
10/28/11 7:06 AM
NorthSlopePipeNinja
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We've got the most serial killers and we'll usually get picked first for jobs but not for basketball Phone Post
10/28/11 7:58 AM
MOB U2
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know too much about this shit so let me just ask - is this about race like physical anthropology - Caucasoid, Negroid, Mongoloid, and Veddoid? Or the broader race generalizations in early anthropolgy which included Native American, Semite, etc?

Or is this really about ethnicity/ethnolinguistic distinctions, OR is this really about cultural distinctions?

Because . . . . (and you can read on if you really wanna know - )

It matters to Filipinos, who are Asian but really, culturally - are a heterogenous blend of East Asian, island Southeast Asian, European and Latin American cultures. Most are Malay so their origins, along with other Austronesians, including Magadascar East Africans and Polynesians, come from Taiwan (proven through mitochondrial DNA analysis).

However, if they are of predominant Negrito admixture, then quite a bit of their 'racial' origins come from Denisovans, which come from Siberia and Russia. Though modern science cannot yet prove it, I believe Negritos contain admixtures of Siberian/Russian Denisovan AND East African line. The Merina of Magdascar for instance are East African Bantu and Malay. So despite Negritos of Philippines having no genetic tie to Africans, despite matching the typical 'black phenotype', I think they were of an original antedated ancestral line that have since been altered through interbreeding with other various peoples over time.

So in short I know too much about this shit and can't answer - sorry to be an asshole:)
10/28/11 2:31 PM
FCTV808
301 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

all of the above!
10/28/11 3:16 PM
MOB U2
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Asians - they raise the perfect food - rice.
Austronesian - the largest seafaring nation of peoples in the world that span from
Madagascar to coastal Southeast Asia to Taiwan to the Philippines/
Indonesia
all the way to Easter Island.
Malay - first person on record to fully circumnavigate the globe. Magellan got the glory
even
though he died in the Philippines, but really it's b/c his navigator Enrique de
Malacca of Henry the Black guided the 18 remaining crew back to Asia then back to
Spain. He was Sumatran but was understood by Cebuanos, mutually unintelligible
languages, which lead many to believe he was a Cebuano debt-slave. So basically
your first overseas Filipino contract worker.
Filipino - we have taken Catholic guilt complexes and Asian shame complexes to a whole
new level. Apparently many have taken to boxing and singing to escape such
schizophrenic madness.
Negrito - No effin idea if some ancient ancestor of mine would be. I'm just saying yeah
b/c they were the first peoples in the Philippines. But b/c they're black probably
helps add a few centimeters of penis size.
Spanish - Through genealogical research I found out decades ago I would be a 16th of
some type of Iberian blood whether European, Spanish Jew Sephards, Moor,
Arabic whatever. Anyway they took guitar playing and fencing to a whole
different level.

yeah that should cover everything.
10/28/11 3:20 PM
FCTV808

mind bottling.
10/28/11 3:24 PM
MOB U2

This is the only salvation I have right now from old state worker ladies yapping about their grandkids.

Last time I begged Jesus for helped he threatened me with unemployment so I pray no longer for deliverance from such evil.
10/28/11 3:43 PM
FCTV808

old state workers. :(
10/28/11 4:47 PM
Moke
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/28/11 4:47 PM
The only problem with them spaniards is that they're infected with moorish and arab blood. So as a flip, you've actually got some darkeness coming from 3 directions...moor, arab, and east african. I never thought about that before...

Maybe that helps with more than a few centimeters? What's you diameter?

BEEP
10/28/11 4:53 PM
Matt Phillips
831 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My white guilt prevents me from saying good things about my race.
10/28/11 5:15 PM
MOB U2

Moke - The only problem with them spaniards is that they're infected with moorish and arab blood. So as a flip, you've actually got some darkeness coming from 3 directions...moor, arab, and east african. I never thought about that before...

Maybe that helps with more than a few centimeters? What's you diameter?

BEEP

ooh shit this post is gonna be like a dissertation. Not to mention that 15thcentury Spain had the largest armada employing mercernaries from all over to staff their navies, thus leading to a cosmopolitan population and more varied genetic makeup.

Idk my diameter. I will jelq for 3 months then tell you then.

BEEP

10/28/11 5:20 PM
MOB U2

Matt Phillips - My white guilt prevents me from saying good things about my race.

Well then how about specifics?

-National ancestral affinity
-Cultural affinity
-Ethnolinguistic affinity
-Tribal pre-Christian affinity (i.e. Teutonic, Angles, Saxon, Franks, Ostrogoth)

10/28/11 5:33 PM
Moke
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matt Phillips - My white guilt prevents me from saying good things about my race.

Don't be shy. Putting men on the moon and inventing cars, electricity, computers, iphones and democracy is nothing to sneeze at.
10/28/11 6:16 PM
Matt Phillips
831 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My last name is British in origin. Plenty of good things have come from England, including the good ol USA (in a round about way) :P

Most of the ancestry I know about comes from England as well, with a bit of German sprinkled in.
10/28/11 6:36 PM
MOB U2

^Is Philipps an original Briton surname, pre- Anglo/Pre Saxon arrival from Germany?

Germanic tribes were responsible for the sacking and demise of Rome. That is pretty badass to crush the legion.

If it is pre-Anglo, pre-Saxon and straight up Briton, then they have Celtic blood. Also warrior badass.
10/28/11 6:46 PM
Matt Phillips

MOB U2 - ^Is Philipps an original Briton surname, pre- Anglo/Pre Saxon arrival from Germany?

Germanic tribes were responsible for the sacking and demise of Rome. That is pretty badass to crush the legion.

If it is pre-Anglo, pre-Saxon and straight up Briton, then they have Celtic blood. Also warrior badass.

My uncle was doing some ancestry research before he died. He told me that more than likely our bloodline has some viking blood as well, because of all of the rampaging they did in the region. My mothers maiden name has both German and British origins.

Its interesting and I wish I had the time to really go back and trace roots past the 1800's, but its almost impossible. From what I was told by my uncle, great great great grandfather came from Wales. If thats the case, theres a good chance for Celtic blood in these veins. 
10/28/11 7:00 PM
MOB U2

^Nice.

Vikings. I like them. Most of all I like their heavy metal hahaha.

Maybe someday if you get super deep you can figure out if you guys had a specific tartan pattern to your Welsh clan.
10/28/11 7:37 PM
FCTV808

10/28/11 10:11 PM
Matt Phillips

10/29/11 6:16 AM
MOB U2

I guess man, but writing educational stuff makes me feel like I still have something worth living for.

No joke.

Cuz I hate my job.
10/29/11 7:28 AM
MOB U2

^Hahaha. Thanks man. I'm not joking either too though. Really if I think about it and the place I'm in right now I can let myself get really pathetic and emo, so it's not like I'm trying to 'squid erebody out' (ol skool pidgin), but y'know I'm just a disgruntled state worker. I'm pretty close to selling out and thinking of being some low level nurse or something. Wipe some ass, see some hot young chicks. I don't know.

Anyway, Enrique de Malacca or Henry the Black was sold into debt slavery as a young man several times around that area (Sumatra, Malacca, Bruinei). It's pretty well established the strong royal Brunei ties that Manila and Cebu had, so you could consider them trade entrepots of some greater Bruinei commercial network. Prior to the arrival of the Spanish, a sultanate was being built up in Manila under Rajah Matanda, who also had royal ties to the Brunei sultanate and the former states of Sarawak and Sabah which are now part of modern day Borneo.

Enrique was thus sold along these commercial trading lines as a debt slave to patrons who would employ him for extra labor. Ferdinand Magellan arrived there I think around 1511 after a trip to India, exploring what was then a known hotspot for the spice trade. There Magellan picked up Enrique to serve as translator on his expeditions. B/c he was not adept at handling crew and patron support, he had to return to Portugal, and he brought Enrique with him.

He returned almost ten years later going the other way, Westward, crossing the Atlantic, around South America, landing in Guam (which he called island of thieves!), and then landing in Mazua (Limasawa Island). He then went on to Cebu where he met Rajah Humabon who he then baptized. He promised to slay his enemy, Rajah/Datu Lapu Lapu on the island of Mactan.

The odd thing is the languages of Sumatra (where Pigafetta, Magellan's chronicler), Maluku, and Cebu are NOT mutually intelligible languages. Some scholars thus believe Enrique was actually Cebuano, and trace his lineage as a warrior to the sultan of Brunei (again the Manila-Cebu-Brunei network).

As for how he was killed that's how Pigafetta recounted it - shot in the leg with an arrow and speared. The kampilan - I'm not so sure how that got in there - but I do know the painting on Mactan has the warriors wielding that weapon.

Hopefully I got all you wanted answered.

10/29/11 7:34 AM
MOB U2

Dammit corrections - Sabah and Sarawak are part of modern day MALAYSIA; they are though, states that are on the northern parts of Borneo.

the hot spot for spice trade where Magellan first landed was Malacca. And though Enrique was there, he originally is said to have come Sumatra by Pigafetta, Magellan's chronicler. However, he was not a speaker of Sumatra languages but of Malay and obviously of some language perfectly understandable to Cebuanos.

So the debate rages- was Enrique truly a Cebuano or just a Malay translator speaking Malay to Cebuano royalty that could speak it as well.

Who knows?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.