UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> Tonsils Out As An Adult

1/16/12 7:54 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TSMontana
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

diarlo - Day 4 and the pain in my throat is not as bad today. Waking up is brutal as my whole throat and mouth is as dry as a piece of sand paper in the desert.

Was able to eat some oatmeal and yogurt today without any difficulty, may try some other foods later. Still trying to stay hydrated and keep moving forward.

All in all, not as painful or terrible as I thought it would be. It's absolutely no fun but I anticipated the worst.

Yep, the ear aches may start soon, but they weren't as bad for me as I thought they would be. Maybe ppl who browse sites like these train/are athletes of some sort, and can take more than the avg person. :-)
1/20/12 9:27 PM
TSMontana
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How's it going, diarlo?
1/22/12 2:41 AM
diarlo
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TSMontana - How's it going, diarlo?

Hey man, thanks for checking in! Much appreciated.

Doing quite well right now. On day 10 of recovery and feeling pretty good. Not much pain in my throat (scabs have about half fallen off). I've been eating solid foods for the last few days which has been amazing! lol. I lost 15 lbs in a week so I was hungry to say the least.

I had earaches from about days 6 to 8. They were on and off. I found they were the worst at night when I was sleeping and woke up with a terribly dry throat. Day 9 (yesterday) was the big turning point as far as feeling pretty much human again. Some discomfort in my throat but not terrible.

Getting stoked to get back in the gym/training. I'm giving it a few more days so that I'm not over-exerting myself too early based on feeling better prematurely,

How are you feeling? Have you noticed much of a difference now that you are healed up?
1/22/12 3:21 AM
TSMontana

Edited: 01/22/12 3:21 AM
Glad to read you're doing well. Yeah, pretty much back in the swing of things. Definitely noticed I don't get as winded as before (can actually breathe well). Feel better waking up in the morning, as well. My sinuses are adjusting to no tonsils, or adenoids, so they get dried out a bit sooner than they used to. Other than that, most of my taste has returned and the last of my scabs should be off soon. No more pain. :-)
1/22/12 11:22 AM
diarlo
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TSMontana - Glad to read you're doing well. Yeah, pretty much back in the swing of things. Definitely noticed I don't get as winded as before (can actually breathe well). Feel better waking up in the morning, as well. My sinuses are adjusting to no tonsils, or adenoids, so they get dried out a bit sooner than they used to. Other than that, most of my taste has returned and the last of my scabs should be off soon. No more pain. :-)

That's great man, happy to hear that. I'm hoping for the same results. Finally feeling human again so I'm looking forward to being fully recovered.
1/23/12 9:59 PM
diarlo

Hey TS, I see you went for a workout about 13 days after your surgery? How did it feel? Any issues at all?

I'm feeling really good and have been for about 3 days...I'm on day 12 right now. I still have a bit of scabbing but it's going away fast. I'm eating lots and feel pretty normal, other than a bit of tightness in my throat.

I was thinking about trying a workout tomorrow but wanted your opinion seeing as how you just had it done.

Thanks.
1/23/12 10:55 PM
TSMontana

I waited the full 2 weeks before I did a full effort workout. When I worked out before then, I did about half my normal stuff. You should be good right about now.
1/29/12 12:17 PM
TSMontana

3 success stories, hope no one else has to go through it.
1/30/12 7:47 PM
diarlo

Things are great since my surgery/recovery. I've been hitting the gym and all of the scabs are almost completely gone.

I caught a bit of a cold from my wife but it was short-lived. Odd to experience a virus without getting a swollen and infected throat!

1/30/12 7:53 PM
diarlo

THe recovery is a motherfucker. I definitely sympathize with anyone who has to go through it as an adult. That being said, it wasn't as bad as I had anticipated. The first 7-8 days were pretty rough but it was smooth sailing for the most part after that.

TS, good call on the aloe vera juice!
2/6/12 6:51 AM
MarkRobinson
1387 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've got to get mine removed this year as well. Thanks for the info
2/6/12 2:25 PM
TSMontana

diarlo - TS, good call on the aloe vera juice!

You're welcome. Mark, good luck, and keep us posted.
2/6/12 4:03 PM
diarlo

MarkRobinson - I've got to get mine removed this year as well. Thanks for the info

Good luck. Stay hydrated and rested and you'll be fine.
7/3/12 6:07 PM
TSMontana

Been six months since I had my tonsils out and I feel so much better. Haven't gotten sick once since.
7/17/12 12:15 AM
diarlo

TSMontana - Been six months since I had my tonsils out and I feel so much better. Haven't gotten sick once since.

Awesome man. I'm in the same boat. I've had one minor cold/cough since January and nothing else. Best thing I could have done.
10/22/12 12:51 PM
TSMontana

diarlo - 
TSMontana - Been six months since I had my tonsils out and I feel so much better. Haven't gotten sick once since.

Awesome man. I'm in the same boat. I've had one minor cold/cough since January and nothing else. Best thing I could have done.

True test for us is upon us with cold/flu season. I look forward NOT getting sick as much.
11/4/12 10:08 PM
diarlo

TSMontana - 
diarlo - 

True test for us is upon us with cold/flu season. I look forward NOT getting sick as much.

Agreed. Hope I'm not jinxing myself here, but so far I've been great. More than half the people at my office and my kids have been sick. I have managed to not catch anything which is very rare but fucking fantastic. Hopefully it continues.
11/5/12 12:00 AM
TSMontana

diarlo - 
TSMontana - 
diarlo - 

Agreed. Hope I'm not jinxing myself here, but so far I've been great. More than half the people at my office and my kids have been sick. I have managed to not catch anything which is very rare but fucking fantastic. Hopefully it continues.

Hope so too. Not like we haven't had enough throat issues to last a lifetime. :-)

I managed to get a slight sore throat when the temperature dropped rapidly in my area...but, otherwise, all good so far.

* knocks on wood *
11/9/12 11:29 AM
diarlo

TSMontana - 
diarlo - 
TSMontana - 
diarlo - 

Hope so too. Not like we haven't had enough throat issues to last a lifetime. :-)

I managed to get a slight sore throat when the temperature dropped rapidly in my area...but, otherwise, all good so far.

* knocks on wood *

2012 has been the first year in about 5 that I haven't had to take any antibiotics for throat infections. I'm still kind of in shock. In 2011, I was on meds for throat infection/strep throat about 8 or 9 times. It was silly.

Fuck tonsils! Ha ha. Best thing I ever did.
3/18/13 2:00 AM
TSMontana

Edited: 03/18/13 2:00 AM
All my coworkers have been getting sick during this flu season. Not me, however. * knocks on wood *
3/20/13 1:02 AM
diarlo

TSMontana - All my coworkers have been getting sick during this flu season. Not me, however. * knocks on wood *

Awesome to hear man. I'm in the same boat. My kids and wife have been sick as well and I've been completely fine. My youngest actually sneezed in mouth (beyond disgusting but oddly accepted when you are a parent) and I haven't caught a thing. I am seriously amazed at how much of a difference it made to get those motherfuckers scooped out of me.
4/8/13 12:53 PM
TSMontana

Well, the streak had to come to an end. I was in bed this weekend with the stomach flu. Still, not half had considering I would have been sick 6-7 times before then during a flu season.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.