UnderGround Forums

Hawai'i Underground >> Waipahu boxing legend and coach Al Silva passes

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

10/29/11 6:39 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MOB U2
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RIP Al 'Quick' Silva boxing legend and trainer of noted Waipahu boxing gym fighters - Jesus Salud, Andy Ganigan, and Brian Viloria - passed away today. I believe he was around 96.

RIP Ol' Man Silva.
10/29/11 6:47 AM
Sgt. Slaphead
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

96....WHOA!

RIP!
10/29/11 7:37 AM
MOB U2
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I swear to God the last time I saw him it was like 1985, round the same time they kept on finding dead bodies at Coronet and Waipahu Rec center and Keehi Lagoon. My sis used to dance hula and I had to go accompany her b/c it was such a fucked up time. Five missing women, 3 from Waipahu. They use to practice right before Salud and co. used to come in the gym to practice.

What an effin stud that old man was to keep passionate about boxing for so long and to have trained so much great champs.
10/29/11 2:11 PM
FCTV808
343 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that man trained so many good tough fighters that aren't big names, it's crazy.
10/30/11 7:36 PM
HwnStriker
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I never new him personally, but he definitely was a ICON in the training world of boxing!

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.