UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> Dislocated Shoulder

10/29/11 10:25 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
wildcatfan08
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've been wrestling for awhile now but I've dislocated my shoulder twice now. Once with football and once with wrestling. I'm in my senior year now and I'm still recovering from the last dislocation that happened 2 weeks ago. Should I stick with wrestling?
10/29/11 11:23 AM
diarlo
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I had recurrent dislocations of my shoulder for years from boxing. Once it happens the first time, it's easier to dislocate each time after that. I had so many dislocations that it eventually caused me to have a torn labrum and torn bicep tendon. It took three surgeries to fully repair. It was brutal, but I haven't had a dislocation in three years.

I don't see why you can't continue wrestling. Just make sure you do a proper physical therapy program. The therapist can (hopefully) get you on the right track and determine whether you have anything torn.
10/29/11 9:39 PM
wildcatfan08
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for that. That was a huge confidence boost for me
10/31/11 12:59 AM
BALLSDEEP
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Def stick with wrestling. You'll regret it for the rest of your life if you don't.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.