UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Who beat Penn worse, GSP or Nick?

10/31/11 2:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SuMBJJ
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jake88 -
Smith1234 - Correct answer was GSP, who had a total blowout and wasn't touched.

Whereas Nick lost a round and took some damage.
Truth Phone Post
This. As much as I hate to say it.... this.

BJ GSP was a one sided beatdown. BJ was very much in the fight with Nick. He broke his hand, and gassed but still went 3 rounds.

GSP will beat Nick via UD. Phone Post
10/31/11 2:20 PM
figure four

GSP fought with grease...Nick went in like a gun slinger
10/31/11 2:33 PM
rockreptile
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

when gsp was done with penn,,, penn didnt even have the ability to talk.

he could still talk after the diaz fight.
10/31/11 3:19 PM
rockwell
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nick brutalised him. Phone Post
10/31/11 9:17 PM
Kidcombo
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm really starting to hate reading these threads.  Come on people seriously?  I know the Diaz bandwaggon is in full effect but GSP DOMINATED him for 4 rounds,  made him quit.  Diaz had some dominating moments but he far from dominated the entire fight.  some people need to go back and re-watch that GSP/Penn fight.  It wasn't even close by any means.  And Penn didn't win a single round. 

I think some of you just really want to see GSP lose and at Diaz hands no less.   Your picking with emotion rather then common sense.

10/31/11 9:37 PM
D241
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seems to me people automatically(myself included) go off of the most recent GSP/Penn fight.

The first GSP/Penn fight vs the first Diaz/Penn fight, it's not even close.   And I firmly believe that in a rematch between Diaz/Penn, Diaz fucks him up even worse than the first time.
10/31/11 9:55 PM
greentrousers
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

diaz fight. this is the first time bj has gotten an asswhooping like that. leather skin my ass.
10/31/11 10:00 PM
subjitsu
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP did as good as you can do with grease, but Diaz beat Penn fairly squarely. Phone Post
10/31/11 10:20 PM
alkysmurf
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in bj/gsp 2 im fairly certain bj quit out of frusration that he couldnt do anything, he was taken down at will, his guard was sliding all over, and gsp was dropping some serious leather. against nick bj was just beaten down, brutally. and as someone above said that was gsp's 2nd fight with bj, how much worse would a rematch vs nick look?
10/31/11 10:31 PM
subjitsu
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP cheated, Diaz won with skill. Phone Post
10/31/11 10:39 PM
Kidcombo
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

D241 -  Seems to me people automatically(myself included) go off of the most recent GSP/Penn fight.

The first GSP/Penn fight vs the first Diaz/Penn fight, it's not even close.   And I firmly believe that in a rematch between Diaz/Penn, Diaz fucks him up even worse than the first time.

It's a matter of the 2nd fight is a better representation of who GSP is now.   Just like you wouldn't compare Diaz vs. say Diego now since if they fought a 2nd time a lot of people here would agree that the current version of Diaz is a lot better then the one who fought back then. 

To me it feels like a lot of people on these boards are ready for GSP to lose the title,  and their reaction towards him shows it imo.  There isn't anything he can do that people won't criticize and it's not exactly fair considering the talent pool he's faced and how often they have actually been finished. 

Diaz is the new badboy in town and Diaz is the only one who looks to have a chance so people are jumping on that bandwagon. While GSP can do no right,  Diaz in a lot of fans eyes right now can do no wrong.
10/31/11 10:56 PM
blupitt

I was there live n Penns face says it all and Gsp made him quit a fight nick made him quit his whole career Phone Post
10/31/11 10:59 PM
blupitt

And just to comment on that post before mine like I sed I was there I was the only one n my section cheering for nick even my friend was against me also continuous chants for bj went on and wen Gsp was shown on big screen fuckin place went nuts Phone Post
10/31/11 11:03 PM
Kidcombo

blupitt -  And just to comment on that post before mine like I sed I was there I was the only one n my section cheering for nick even my friend was against me also continuous chants for bj went on and wen Gsp was shown on big screen fuckin place went nuts Phone Post
That's why I said "these boards".

I think the avg or common fan loves gsp and doesn't have nearly as many complains about his fighting style.  I think it's the hardcore fans that have a problem with him.  I think multiple fights without a finish have made a good deal of hardcore fans turn on him. 

11/1/11 12:11 AM
Kings21
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

big gsp fan but if that was a 5 rounder theres no way penn makes it to the 5th. probably is finnished in the 4th
11/1/11 12:28 AM
tres_equis_666
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Smith1234 - Correct answer was GSP, who had a total blowout and wasn't touched.

Whereas Nick lost a round and took some damage.
Well if you hold a smaller guy down and rain punches and elbows from top position I doubt your face will have visible damage too.

If you decide to make it an exciting scrap on the other hand... Phone Post
11/1/11 12:31 AM
The Sultan
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I picked Nick Diaz mainly because he was just papping BJ left and right in the stand up.....GSP worked him good on the ground but I preferred the Nick Diaz fight.  If Nick had 5 rounds to work with, I bet he would have stopped BJ.
11/1/11 12:59 AM
DaemonDragon
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

People are saying Penn wouldn't have made it to the 5th against Diaz - honestly, I'm not sure he would have made it *TO* the 4th.

If this was a 5 round fight there is a very good chance the fight would have been stopped after 3 rounds due to Penn's eye. Also Penn's corner may have thrown in the towel because of the sheer degree of ass whupping inflicted.

If GSP-Penn II had been 3 rounds instead of 4 people around here would be much less impressed with what GSP did.

GSP dominated Penn more than Diaz did, in terms of offensive differential. Penn did nothing vs. GSP. But Diaz without question fucked Penn up worse. I don't think it's that close.

Like others have already said, GSP made him want to quit one fight, Diaz made him consider retirement.

I hope Penn does come back to fight again - but only after a prolonged absence to let his body heal. He got ravaged.
11/1/11 1:01 AM
PembrokePinesVillain

gsp greased, and it has like 25 lbs on bj and still couldnt stop bj... nick hurt him, gsp never did. gsp just tired him out and penn did not quit, he was not the one that stopped the fight
11/1/11 1:07 AM
DaemonDragon
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PembrokePinesVillain - gsp greased, and it has like 25 lbs on bj and still couldnt stop bj... nick hurt him, gsp never did. gsp just tired him out and penn did not quit, he was not the one that stopped the fight

Diaz has like 15 pounds on Penn himself. All WWs are much larger than Penn.

Diaz also tired Penn out. Tiring Penn out is how everyone beats Penn. Neither Diaz nor GSP actually did all that much until after the first round when Penn was tired. Penn is awesome in the first round.

GSP did hurt Penn, he gave him a probable concussion.

Overboard stuff like this - "grease, 25 pounds, just tired him out" - only makes it harder for people to real critiques of GSP seriously.
11/1/11 2:57 AM
Dean of Lean

DaemonDragon - People are saying Penn wouldn't have made it to the 5th against Diaz - honestly, I'm not sure he would have made it *TO* the 4th.

If this was a 5 round fight there is a very good chance the fight would have been stopped after 3 rounds due to Penn's eye. Also Penn's corner may have thrown in the towel because of the sheer degree of ass whupping inflicted.

If GSP-Penn II had been 3 rounds instead of 4 people around here would be much less impressed with what GSP did.

GSP dominated Penn more than Diaz did, in terms of offensive differential. Penn did nothing vs. GSP. But Diaz without question fucked Penn up worse. I don't think it's that close.

Like others have already said, GSP made him want to quit one fight, Diaz made him consider retirement.

I hope Penn does come back to fight again - but only after a prolonged absence to let his body heal. He got ravaged.

I Disagree GSP has always been more exciting in 3 rounders and fights at a slightly faster pace in those fights at 5 rounds he holds some in the tank for the later rounds
11/1/11 3:40 AM
supersonic
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diaz. The damage was clear and the way he did it was way more impressive. Most likely the fight would have been stopped via the corner or doc. Maybe a TKo.

This is also one of the only fights where i would bet that the only performance enhancer these guys were on was Pot.
11/1/11 3:54 AM
tres_equis_666
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dean of Lean -
DaemonDragon - People are saying Penn wouldn't have made it to the 5th against Diaz - honestly, I'm not sure he would have made it *TO* the 4th.

I Disagree GSP has always been more exciting in 3 rounders and fights at a slightly faster pace in those fights at 5 rounds he holds some in the tank for the later rounds
Most of them were pre-Serra.

People's beef with him is he became Safe-Pierre after the first Serra fight. Phone Post
11/1/11 3:55 AM
JimmersonzGlove
504 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL @ anyone picking GSP
11/1/11 4:32 AM
Strykr619

supersonic - Diaz. The damage was clear and the way he did it was way more impressive. Most likely the fight would have been stopped via the corner or doc. Maybe a TKo.

This is also one of the only fights where i would bet that the only performance enhancer these guys were on was Pot.

Um ok, one guy made him QUIT , while he actually finshed the fight with the other and won the first round. Stop with that shoulda woulda coulda, FACT is Penn's fight with Diaz went to a decision while his fight with GSP he thru in the towel.

ANY PERSON THAT THINKS THAT DIAZ BEAT PENN WORSE THE GSP must be quitters then since they don't value their manhood much since they think getting taken to a decision is WORSE then being made to quit.

throwing in the towel being TOTALLY DOMINATED>Losing by majority decision.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.