UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Cro Cop announces retirement in the cage

10/30/11 10:57 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1248 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

After a decade long career that spanned 40 professional mixed martial arts match-ups, Mirko Filipovic is hanging up the four-ounce gloves once and for all. He made his retirement official following his technical knockout loss to Roy Nelson on the main card of UFC 137 just last night (Oct. 29, 2011) in Las Vegas.

Here are his final words inside the Octagon:

"I wanted to say goodbye with a victory, but Roy was just the better fighter tonight. The UFC has been so good to me over the years, and it is hard to leave this company and this sport. Even though I didn't do as well in the UFC as the rest of my career, I feel like I did everything that I could to have an overall successful career."

read entire article...

10/30/11 11:07 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
3Lions
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for the all the great fights Cro Cop, enjoy retirement!
10/30/11 11:08 AM
DamnSevern
1198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

10/30/11 12:07 PM
Zomby

Cro Cop will always be a legend, hope he enjoys retirement.
10/30/11 12:10 PM
Chris
387 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, COO
 man I wish a younger Cro Cop had made it to the UFC.
10/30/11 12:24 PM
greentrousers
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it was sad to see him say it at the the end of the fight. he will be missed for he was truly a legend in mma.
10/30/11 12:37 PM
DontToewsMeBro!!

Chris -  man I wish a younger Cro Cop had made it to the UFC.
Cro cop is and will always be my favorite fighter. Seeing this run in the UFC was so sad it's unbelievable it played out that way. I just want to remember the guy kicking peoples heads off and all i see is the stanky leg and the ugly kos he received the last few fights. Phone Post
10/30/11 12:41 PM
Bobby Lupo
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Look, he was a solid 235 last night. He looked the best he has physically in years. But, something just isn't there anymore and hasn't been since the OWGP. 
10/30/11 12:41 PM
donnybrook
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cheers to one of the true legends in MMA. Mirko is, was, and will always be one of my heros in this sport.

Kevin the ref

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.