UnderGround Forums

Wrestling UnderGround >> Koscheck-college wrestling 10x harder than MMA

10/30/11 11:09 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ChipW
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Watch more video of NuWay Freakshow 2011 (FloNationals Major) on flowrestling.org

Josh Koscheck came out to the Freak Show to support wrestling which is his roots and where he came from. He started wrestling at the age of 4 and for him it was always about winning. He says that college wrestling is 10x tougher than the UFC because of the constant grind that it takes to make it through.
10/30/11 1:15 PM
MercWaMouth85
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would agree that it is tougher. Especially at the international level. Phone Post
10/31/11 4:37 AM
The Persian Devil
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As a former wrestler, yes the training is harder. Competition wise, not even close. Nobody is trying to knee you to the face, elbow you to crumbles, or choke you out on the wrestling mat.

More physically taxing yes, tougher? No.
11/2/11 7:56 PM
JoshuaResnick
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Any olympic or ncaa type sport training is way more demanding than MMA is. it takes more time, more dedication... you dont have people come into these events and win a major belt in 3 fights like we see in MMA.

MMA might have injuries that are potentially serious, but i would rather have my eye swelled up than rip my ACL again.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.