UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> MMAViking.com is all about Nordic MMA in English

4/17/12 4:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
 A Fan’s Perspective of the UFC in Sweden
4/19/12 2:47 PM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/20/12 3:36 AM
MMAViking.com
 Get to Know Bellator Debutant Marcus “the Caveman” Vänttinen

4/20/12 1:15 AM
NorthFromHere

MMAViking.com
   Exclusive: Caveman Vänttinen On Weight and Ready to Rumble at Bellator 66
4/20/12 3:37 AM
NorthFromHere

Edited: 04/20/12 3:37 AM
MMAViking.com
Check out the Get to Know Cave man Vänttinen piece. Really interesting background, nutrition etc
4/20/12 7:31 AM
Eric Bloodaxe
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NorthFromHere - <a href="http://www.mmaviking.com/a-fans-perspective-of-the-ufc-in-sweden/"><b> A Fan’s Perspective of the UFC in Sweden</b></a>

Fun read, but not enough bitching about the lines outside;-) I was pretty pissed off that I missed most of Thoresens fight even if I showed up early - seemed unnecessary. Oh well...

Not impressed with Globen as an arena (1 hour to get in, 30 mins to get a beer when they still had beer, 15 mins to take a piss) - the show itself was great.
4/20/12 8:22 AM
NorthFromHere

MMAViking.com
Yeah I was shocked that the Globen arena was so poorly organized. They knew the arena was sold out so it was really strange that they didn't know how to handle the crowd getting in.
4/20/12 8:39 AM
Eric Bloodaxe
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, I thought that was strange too. It must be sold out on a regular basis for hockey games and concerts, so it shouldn't be that hard to deal with the crowds one would think.

It seemed they started to let people in late, I had a beer at a nearby bar and could see the line was hardly moving at all. Then when it finally started moving it went pretty fast.

Good crowd though. Loved the simplicity of the "Slå han på kjäften!"("Punch him on the mouth!")-chants.
4/20/12 12:48 PM
NorthFromHere

MMAViking.com
Eric Bloodaxe - Good crowd though. Loved the simplicity of the "Slå han på kjäften!"("Punch him on the mouth!")-chants.

Oh so that what it was. Me and mates are terrible in swedish even though we had for years in school. We couldn't tell what the chant was about
4/20/12 7:59 PM
Tom Lawlor
483 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Caveman, and Vegh, for that matter looked a little lackluster tonight. I thought both guys would come out and destroy their opponents based on the hype but neither guy looked impressive =/
4/21/12 2:12 AM
NorthFromHere

MMAViking.com
Tom Lawlor -  Caveman, and Vegh, for that matter looked a little lackluster tonight. I thought both guys would come out and destroy their opponents based on the hype but neither guy looked impressive =/

Terrible underperformance by both. Both threw their skills out of the window and just tried to brawl.
Vanttinen commented that it was his worst performance ever.
4/23/12 2:06 AM
NorthFromHere

MMAViking.com
 Swede Andreas Spang with Highlight-Reel KO at Bellator (Fight Video)
4/23/12 10:57 AM
NorthFromHere

MMAViking.com
Salovaara Gets a Challenge from Grecicho in May
4/25/12 1:30 AM
NorthFromHere

MMAViking.com
MMA Viking rankings for Nordic MMA for the second quarter of 2012.  The updated rankings take into consideration events prior to April 22, including the recent UFC in Sweden and Bellator 66, plus the recent Botnia Punishment, Glory World Series, Cage Warriors, Strength & Honor Championship and Fight Night.
4/25/12 5:49 AM
NorthFromHere

MMAViking.com
 MMA Viking's Nordic Event Calender is now also updated. Check out the upcoming shows!
4/26/12 11:59 AM
NorthFromHere

MMAViking.com
Exclusive Interview with UFC Lightweight Anton Kuivanen: “I’m bringing back the aggression!”  

Kuivanen fights Canada's Mitch Clarke at UFC 149 in July
4/29/12 3:02 AM
NorthFromHere

MMAViking.com
 ATT Fighters Experience the UFC in Sweden (Video)
4/29/12 7:02 AM
NorthFromHere

MMAViking.com
Swede David Häggström Wins Vision FC Belt
5/1/12 3:36 AM
Fight! UK Online
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NorthFromHere - Swede David Häggström Wins Vision FC Belt

I was at Vision at the weekend - it was a great performance from David. 4 round to 1 in my books from what I saw of it.
5/1/12 10:22 AM
NorthFromHere

MMAViking.com
Thanks for the info Jay. Btw do you know what's up with Mark Scanlon?
5/1/12 10:29 AM
Fight! UK Online
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What do you mean? Last I spoke to him he was given a sort of sabbatical by the UFC to do what he needed to do so he could rejoin them if possible in the future. He's a beast.
5/2/12 2:53 PM
NorthFromHere

MMAViking.com
Fight! UK Online - What do you mean? Last I spoke to him he was given a sort of sabbatical by the UFC to do what he needed to do so he could rejoin them if possible in the future. He's a beast.

Yeah I was just wondering where he was since he hasn't fought in a while. He looked great on short notice against Krauss and then just disappeared.
5/2/12 2:54 PM
NorthFromHere

MMAViking.com
 Gunnar Nelson – A Calm Mind (Video)

Excellent mini doc on Gunnar Nelson by Stuart Cooper Films
5/5/12 2:30 PM
NorthFromHere

MMAViking.com
Vision Fight Night 1 – Results and Play-by-Play  
E
vent is going down right now!
5/5/12 3:03 PM
NorthFromHere

MMAViking.com
 Grecicho Chokes Out Salovaara at Espoo Fight Night
5/5/12 5:42 PM
NorthFromHere

MMAViking.com
TTT final results in for Vision Fight Night + tons of pics

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.