UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> MMAViking.com is all about Nordic MMA in English

11/8/11 4:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
NorthFromHere
323 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
Superior Challenge 8 is rumored to take place on 31st of March in Stockholm.
We will talk to SC people in a few days to find out more about what they are up to. Stay tuned
11/8/11 4:44 PM
funkjoker
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

great! i'm really looking forward to attending my first superior challenge event. back in summer i did an interview with babak, he's a really nice guy, i wish him and sc all the best. ufc on 28th and sc on 31st would've been aweseome. :(
11/8/11 5:09 PM
Terraform
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do you think we will ever see Gunnar nelson vs Simeon Thorenson ? Phone Post
11/9/11 4:23 AM
NorthFromHere
323 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/09/11 4:23 AM
MMAViking.com
Terraform - Do you think we will ever see Gunnar nelson vs Simeon Thorenson ? Phone Post

This would be a great match up between two awesome grapplers. Thoresen got KO'ed by Seydina Seck in the spring but quickly bounced back and has won his last two. 

We talked to Gunnar's manager and father Halli Nelson recently. Check out the interview
11/9/11 8:03 AM
Terraform
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NorthFromHere - 
Terraform - Do you think we will ever see Gunnar nelson vs Simeon Thorenson ? Phone Post

This would be a great match up between two awesome grapplers. Thoresen got KO'ed by Seydina Seck in the spring but quickly bounced back and has won his last two. 

We talked to Gunnar's manager and father Halli Nelson recently. Check out the interview
Cool, it will be nice to see him back, I take what his dad says with a pinch of salt as he talks as if Gunnar has actually achieved in MMA, he sounds like Rashad Evans (who at least is a former champion and ranked #1).

it would be nice to see him take a tune up fight and then say "right lets have it, who does everybody think is the best at my weight, line them up and ill take them out one by one until the UFC calls me".

Thats what I would expect from somebody with that much hype around him but we will see it it is just hype or not I guess in 2012.

11/9/11 8:26 AM
NorthFromHere

MMAViking.com
Since Gunnar has been training with the likes of GSP at Renzo's, I think they have a pretty clear understanding where he stands in MMA compared to the top talent. And this is the reason why they are taking their time and making sure he is ready when they move on to big stages
11/10/11 1:59 AM
Terraform

That would make sense as they were accused of ducking Thorenson and when I mentioned it I was accused of being thorensons UK based manager ! But the bullshit they came out with when they could have just said he isn't ready for that test yet. No shame in that . Jimi manuwa just did the same when he rejected the UFC contract . Phone Post
11/10/11 4:52 AM
Fight! UK Online
237 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In terms of pure grappling skill, Gunnar could hang with any welterweight in the UFC right now but there's nothing wrong with taking their time to build up his complete skillset because he's still only a young guy.

I trained with him a fair bit a few years ago when he was in Manchester at SBG. He was a purple belt at the time and an absolute beast even then.

Dropped in to a session when I was back in Manc for UFC 105 I think it was, and him and Arni Isaksson were sparring. It was better viewing than 99% of MMA fight I've seen.
11/11/11 3:27 AM
NorthFromHere

MMAViking.com
 Cage Challengers II Card Shaping Up
Cage Challengers II event will take place on the 3th of December in Riihimäki, Finland. Cage Challengers events are a bit smaller than the promotion’s main events in the Helsinki metropolitan area. These events serve as a platform for up-n-coming fighters to show their skills in a professional fighting environment. Of course there are always some experienced veterans on the card for the fight fans. Challengers II event is headlined by Bellator signee Janne Tulirinta and Stockholm Shoot’s Claes Beverlöv.

Please continue reading at MMAViking.com
11/13/11 2:12 PM
NorthFromHere

MMAViking.com
If you have ever read the Asgaard MMA blog then you probably know Kaoru Tsukamoto who has for years followed closely fighters like Hellboy Hansen etc in Japan, Norway, Finland, Russia and so on. Read more about this die hard MMA lady at MMA Viking Welcomes Kaoru Tsukamoto
11/15/11 1:37 PM
NorthFromHere

MMAViking.com
 Exclusive Interview : Tue Trnka Gives an Insiders Look at MMA in Denmark @ MMAViking.com
11/15/11 1:52 PM
MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt Phone Post
11/16/11 3:38 AM
Fight! UK Online
237 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NorthFromHere -  Exclusive Interview : Tue Trnka Gives an Insiders Look at MMA in Denmark @ MMAViking.com

Great insight there, thanks.
11/16/11 3:45 AM
NorthFromHere

MMAViking.com
 Thanks mate.
They got a big card in Denmark this saturday. Rosfort faces Brazil's Fernando Paulon in the main event. Mikkel Parlo vs Gregor Herb is also an awesome MW fight. Loads of very talented up-n-comers on the card: Nicolas Dalby, Glenn Sparv (Finland), Andreas Stahl (Sweden) etc.

Cage Fight Live card

Danish ring girls:

11/16/11 4:40 AM
Fight! UK Online

Those ring girls are hot indeed.

Great to see Rosfort back in action - he was throughly dominated by Veach at CW and I think that had an affect on him but he's a great fighter so hopefully he comes back with a bang.

Parlo vs. Herb is a good fight. Seen Gregor fight a few times and he's strong with good submissions. Interesting to see how that one pans out. Didn't Cage Fight Live stream it live last time? Would be interested in seeing it.
11/18/11 3:50 PM
funkjoker
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

man, if i knew that brittney palmer was a cage fight live ring girl, i would've accompanied gregor to his fight in denmark. :(
11/18/11 3:57 PM
DamnSevern
1209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wasn't there a rumor this week that the ufc had signed a swede?
11/21/11 5:57 AM
NorthFromHere

MMAViking.com
 Cage Fight Live Results & Play-By-Play @ MMAViking.com
11/23/11 3:46 AM
NorthFromHere

MMAViking.com
 Reza Madadi Signed to the UFC @ MMAViking.com
11/25/11 5:45 AM
funkjoker

martin kampmann vs thiago alves on march 3rd. would be perfect for sweden...

i thought they'd book madadi for their debut in sweden, but if he fights on january 20th, i don't think he's going to be ready for march 3rd.

so does this mean the swedish event is probably going to happen in april instead of march?
11/25/11 5:48 AM
Fight! UK Online

Had a brief chat with the SC guys about UFC in Stockholm - great for Swedish MMA but maybe not so much for them, which is a huge shame.
11/25/11 6:21 AM
NorthFromHere

Edited: 11/25/11 6:21 AM
MMAViking.com
funkjoker - martin kampmann vs thiago alves on march 3rd. would be perfect for sweden... i thought they'd book madadi for their debut in sweden, but if he fights on january 20th, i don't think he's going to be ready for march 3rd. so does this mean the swedish event is probably going to happen in april instead of march?

Early April is the latest word. We put together an up to date report on how things are progressing with UFC in Sweden. You can find it at MMAViking.com
11/25/11 6:23 AM
NorthFromHere

MMAViking.com
Fight! UK Online - Had a brief chat with the SC guys about UFC in Stockholm - great for Swedish MMA but maybe not so much for them, which is a huge shame.

Probably true for their spring event but in the long run I'm sure UFC holding an event in Sweden will benefit local promoters too. The amount of publicity UFC will get in the Nordic media will reflect to local promotions too. Or at least I hope that it does.
11/25/11 6:54 AM
Hankman81
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd love if you guys would tag the news based on a country as well. So I could easily find all the news of Finnish events and fighters.
11/25/11 6:55 AM
MentaL
528 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm blonde and get angry so I think I'm genetically linked to Nordic vikings.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.