UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> MMAViking.com is all about Nordic MMA in English

4/12/13 2:54 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
NorthFromHere
323 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
NorthFromHere - 
Mdot50 - Is there a way to watch the card in lapereenta on April 17th? Phone Post 3.0

Don't know but will find out.

I talked to the promoter last night. They tried to get a TV deal but couldn't land it. No stream either for this one so there's no way to watch it live unless you get there on the spot.
But all the fight vids will be published on the net after the show
4/12/13 4:40 AM
NorthFromHere
323 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
NorthFromHere - 
NorthFromHere - 
Mdot50 - Is there a way to watch the card in lapereenta on April 17th? Phone Post 3.0

Don't know but will find out.

I talked to the promoter last night. They tried to get a TV deal but couldn't land it. No stream either for this one so there's no way to watch it live unless you get there on the spot.
But all the fight vids will be published on the net after the show

and just to clarify: Lappeenranta Fight Night 8 is on 27th of April
4/12/13 8:55 AM
NorthFromHere

MMAViking.com

4/12/13 10:56 AM
LoganClark
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have one of those problems brought by hindsight. When I dropped out of the fight with Linhares last fall, I thought I might get another shot at traveling to Finland for fights. Now I don't think that will happen, and I am calling my a puss for dropping out. If I could properly recall the pain and instability, I probably wouldn't regret it. They say hindsight is 20/20, but I think it more likely to lead to revisionist history.
4/12/13 11:35 AM
NorthFromHere

MMAViking.com
LoganClark - I have one of those problems brought by hindsight. When I dropped out of the fight with Linhares last fall, I thought I might get another shot at traveling to Finland for fights. Now I don't think that will happen, and I am calling my a puss for dropping out. If I could properly recall the pain and instability, I probably wouldn't regret it. They say hindsight is 20/20, but I think it more likely to lead to revisionist history.

You fight at 185 only or is 205 also a possibility?
4/13/13 5:46 AM
NorthFromHere

MMAViking.com

4/13/13 9:37 AM
NorthFromHere

MMAViking.com

4/13/13 9:47 AM
LoganClark
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

According to FightMatrix, I'm a light heavy right now, so I guess it is a possibility.
4/13/13 9:51 AM
Dawkins
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love this web site. I also though the last UFC on Fuel was a killer show. What Nortic mma promotion would you say is the most popular and develops the most talent to bigger shows?
4/13/13 11:10 AM
funkjoker
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ufc on fuel tv 9 was similar to a superior challenge fight card, so i guess the answer to your question is sweden's "superior challenge".

though finland's "cage" and "fight festival" are definitely worth checking out too.

what most of these organizations do, is letting the homegrown talent fight UFC veterans or veterans from other big organizations.
4/13/13 11:34 AM
NorthFromHere

Edited: 04/13/13 11:36 AM
MMAViking.com
Dawkins - I love this web site. I also though the last UFC on Fuel was a killer show. What Nortic mma promotion would you say is the most popular and develops the most talent to bigger shows?

Swedes in general have obviously made the best job pushing their talent to big leagues. Before UFC set up their show to Stockholm, Gustafsson was the only Swede on the roster so I don't think their promotions have much to do with the Swedes getting signed. But they have had and of course still are having excellent shows: Superior, Heroes, Zone etc.

Superior Challenge has the biggest shows but in 2011 and 2012 they have had only one show per year. It will be the same for 2013.

Based on number, quality and scale of their events in recent times I would give #1 Nordic promotion crown to Finland's Cage promotion. Cage 22 card in May 11th will be headlined by Tom Niinimäki vs former WEC champ Chase Beebe with Anton Kuivanen vs TUFs Jason Pierce in the co-main. Place will be packed, no doubt. This will be Cage's second event in 2013 and two more will follow by end of year.

4/14/13 5:27 AM
NorthFromHere

MMAViking.com

LIVE : Salovaara & Nilsson Results from Cage Warriors 53

4/15/13 11:36 AM
NorthFromHere

MMAViking.com

SMMAF overturns Yosef Ali Mohammad's win 

Good job SMMAF crew

4/19/13 11:45 AM
NorthFromHere

MMAViking.com

Estonian MMA on the rise:

4/19/13 2:40 PM
NorthFromHere

MMAViking.com

European MMA 5 streaming LIVE from Denmark NOW at kanalsport.dk

Preview info of the event:

Morten and Maria Djursaa, Colombo, Carlsen, and Meek on Tonight’s European MMA 5 Card

4/20/13 10:22 AM
NorthFromHere

MMAViking.com

Big card coming on 11th of May: Niinimäki, Kuivanen, Vänttinen...

4/22/13 2:11 AM
NorthFromHere

MMAViking.com

Besam Yousef was on the wrong side of a close decision at the UFC in on Fuel TV 9 card in Stockholm two weeks ago. While mainstream MMA websites saw the bout 29-28 for Yousef over fellow Swede Papy “Makambo” Abedi, the Gladius MMA fighter is still upbeat and tells MMA Viking that “the best is yet to come”.

4/25/13 8:44 AM
NorthFromHere

MMAViking.com

Grappler vs grappler match up:

4/26/13 3:01 AM
NorthFromHere

MMAViking.com

The Viking Army keeps on growing:

Fightfan.dk’s Jesper S. Baek Joins MMA Viking

4/27/13 8:10 AM
NorthFromHere

MMAViking.com
LPR Fight Night 8 will be broadcasted live tonight on Finnish national RADIO (YLE Puhe)...how weird and awesome at the same time is that.
4/27/13 2:44 PM
NorthFromHere

MMAViking.com

LPR Fight Night 8 results:

Tauru and Sparv Win by Finishes at LPR Fight Night 8

4/29/13 3:06 AM
NorthFromHere

MMAViking.com

Meanwhile in Finland...

4/29/13 3:25 PM
NorthFromHere

MMAViking.com

Meanwhile in Norway:

Report : Norway’s Fighter Galla 5

"The president of NMMAF informed me that they have made the MMA Galla legal by altering the rules. The fighter are only allowed to punch 30% of their strength to the head, 80% to the body, kicks and elbows are forbidden, too"

But hey, it's a start!

4/29/13 3:30 PM
NorthFromHere

Edited: 04/29/13 3:43 PM
MMAViking.com

Official Nordic Top 5 Rankings - 2013 2Q Update

5/1/13 4:43 AM
NorthFromHere

MMAViking.com

Big Cage 22 card coming up next week. Here's our pre-fight interview with rising welterweight talent Kai Puolakka who always puts up a show for the fans:

Cage 22′s Kai Puolakka Ready for a Tough Scrap

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.