UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Post your crockpot/slow cooker recipes...

11/3/11 11:45 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TheCorrect
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol! That's exactly what crockpots do my fren!
11/3/11 11:46 AM
DOODE
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Subbed

All I have to offer is the pulled pork mix I get from Wal-Mart in the seasoning packet section. You put a 3lb pork roast in with:

1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp cider vinegar
seasoning packet

Cook on low 8hrs or high 4hrs. The take roast out and shred it. Put meat back in pot and mix with juice.

Awesome!
11/3/11 11:52 AM
Prestonknows
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Coque Au Vin:

8 Pieces of chicken legs and thighs
1 bottle of Montana Pinot noir, or similar .
1 small glass of good brandy, SMALL glass :)
1 white onion, chopped
4 large garlic cloves , chopped/Crushed
Small bunch of lemon thyme
1 tablespoon celery seeds
Salt and pepper
2 large carrots, chopped
2 large celery sticks, chopped
1 pack of small closed cup button mushrooms , whole
8 slices of good smokey pancetta cut into lardons
4 bay leaves
1-2 tablespoons of dried mixed herbs.
Small bunch fresh chopped flat leaf parsley . Phone Post
11/3/11 11:52 AM
ltlurker

sub'd for winter meals
11/3/11 12:11 PM
napalmstyle
630 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt Phone Post
11/3/11 12:47 PM
savage animal
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

for later
11/3/11 1:02 PM
Leigh
757 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rosie is pretty damn close to a 10

Anyway, here are my 2 recipes. I'm not a fan of fancy cooking, as you will see

1) Chicken curry.

Some boneless skinless chicken thighs, chop up an onion, put in some decent quality curry sauce from a jar, leave for 4 hours. Serve with rice

2) Beef casserole

Chopped stewing steak, chopped up carrots and onions. Don't quite cover with water. Stock cube optional, leave for 4 hours. Serve with potatoes (or "as is" if losing weight)
11/3/11 1:14 PM
guy1
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leigh - Rosie is pretty damn close to a 10

Amen.  I commented on the Keely Hazel thread that three of the greatest sets of tits on planet earth come from the UK, Rosie, Hazel, and Lucy Pinder.
11/3/11 1:15 PM
Leigh
757 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She's British? Go team :)
11/3/11 1:22 PM
wheeels

Chicken Diablo

Chicken parts of choice (thighs, drumsticks, etc)

1/4 cup margarine

1/2 cup honey

1/4 cup mustard

1 - 2 teaspoon curry powder

1 teaspoon salt

splash of tobasco sauce (hot sauce)
11/4/11 12:35 PM
Cbass

crockpot365.blogspot.com/2011/11/slow-cooker-shredded-korean-beef-tacos.html

11/4/11 1:36 PM
guy1
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^ this site like a boss, so many good recipes.
11/4/11 6:12 PM
guy1

Is searing the meat in a pan before putting it in teh crockpot worth the effort?  Do you get better flavor?  I know this is typically done when braising in a pan, just not sure if it makes a difference when using a crockpot.
11/4/11 6:15 PM
mojodmonky
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

guy1 -  Is searing the meat in a pan before putting it in teh crockpot worth the effort?  Do you get better flavor?  I know this is typically done when braising in a pan, just not sure if it makes a difference when using a crockpot.

not sure how much difference it makes tbh, but ive always browned the meat before putting it in. maybe next time i will try it without pre-searing/browning and see if it comes out the same.
11/4/11 6:41 PM
CR1chard
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mojodmonky -
guy1 -  Is searing the meat in a pan before putting it in teh crockpot worth the effort?  Do you get better flavor?  I know this is typically done when braising in a pan, just not sure if it makes a difference when using a crockpot.

not sure how much difference it makes tbh, but ive always browned the meat before putting it in. maybe next time i will try it without pre-searing/browning and see if it comes out the same.
Browning the meat just adds another layer of flavor to your dish. If you can spare the extra ten minutes (and the dirty pan), go for it Phone Post
11/4/11 7:55 PM
ChuckManson
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

subbed for after bingo
11/4/11 9:44 PM
grafzep
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

subd
11/4/11 10:43 PM
Cbass

Cbass -  crockpot365.blogspot.com/2011/11/slow-cooker-shredded-korean-beef-tacos.html

HOLY FUCK this turned out amazing... nice asian flavor in the tender beef mixed with the vinagery cabbage and i added sour cream and sriracha
11/4/11 10:56 PM
SirPrize
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You guys are making me hungry. Fortunately, I have a crock pot. I've only used it once (to make baked beans), but I'm gonna' whip that sucker out, again.

Crock pot: throw ingredients in, forget about them for hours, multiple servings - economical, easy, and delicious! What's not to like?
11/7/11 11:43 AM
mojodmonky
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheCorrect - Salsa Chicken:

-3 to 6 boneless chicken breasts
-2 jars of salsa
-2 cans of corn
-2 cans black beans

Serve over rice & have some tortilla chips handy.

You're welcome!

just tossed this in the slowcooker yesterday... well... modified version. i only went 1 can of corn and black beans each. i also put in some chicken thighs to go along with a couple chicken breasts (thats all i had in the freezer).

smelled great while cooking, will see how it tastes tonight. i might need to add salt to taste (did a quick taste test before I had to leave the house), but otherwise it seems pretty good. not too watery at all. I shredded the meat about 6 hours in, and the overall consistency was not too watery at all. i went with a thick and chunky salsa and drained the corn and black beans.
11/7/11 12:05 PM
TheCorrect
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mojodmonky - 
TheCorrect - Salsa Chicken:

-3 to 6 boneless chicken breasts
-2 jars of salsa
-2 cans of corn
-2 cans black beans

Serve over rice & have some tortilla chips handy.

You're welcome!

just tossed this in the slowcooker yesterday... well... modified version. i only went 1 can of corn and black beans each. i also put in some chicken thighs to go along with a couple chicken breasts (thats all i had in the freezer).

smelled great while cooking, will see how it tastes tonight. i might need to add salt to taste (did a quick taste test before I had to leave the house), but otherwise it seems pretty good. not too watery at all. I shredded the meat about 6 hours in, and the overall consistency was not too watery at all. i went with a thick and chunky salsa and drained the corn and black beans.

Sounds like you did it perfectly sir! Let me know what you think.
11/7/11 12:05 PM
clattymine
442 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn. I'm in. I just got a crock pot this year and I'm trying to perfect my chili recipe. I've been toying with which meat is best.

Basically just throw a fuck ton of Chile's in, onion, garlic, cumin, salt, pepper, I've used vegetable stock instead of chicken stock with good results. My best batch had bison for the meat but chicken or pork works well too.

I like to pre season and sear the meat for more flavor.

Shit. I'm starving now. Phone Post
11/8/11 2:56 PM
guy1

New crockpot is on the way!
11/8/11 3:01 PM
Pecker
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do you want my pulled pork recipe?
11/8/11 3:14 PM
Cbass

Pecker -  Do you want my pulled pork recipe?

Yes!  I think you posted it a long time ago and i thought it looked good.. its the one smeared with yellow mustard, right??

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.