UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Post your crockpot/slow cooker recipes...

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

1/18/12 7:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Dirtyu D
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WaltJ - 
Cbass - 
WaltJ - http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2011/10/sausage-and-lentil-stew-slow-cooker.html

let me know how it turns out.. if its good ill give it a go

It turned out good. I added in a package of brown gravy mix to firm it up, as it was a little watery (I used 1 1/2 cups of lentils and 4 cups of beef broth). Also, next time I'll probably get some real premium sweet sausage.

Otherwise, it was pretty good.

I think your issue was not adding enough lentils. Also, going by here recipe I could understand how the final product would be rather bland (no spices what so ever with lentils?)
1/18/12 7:45 PM
Basz
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt Phone Post
1/19/12 8:56 AM
The Swinging Richard
783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
1/19/12 10:13 AM
unclephilly
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This shit looks fricken awesome!

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2011/01/peperoncini-beef-sandwiches-slow-cooker.html

Pepperochini beef sandwich's.
2 pounds beef chuck roast (frozen is okay)
1 (16-ounce) jar peperoncini peppers
optional:
6 ounces sliced mozzarella or Swiss cheese
6 hamburger buns or French rolls

Ohhhhh man.
1/19/12 11:47 AM
savage animal
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^Awesome!

This is what I'm looking for, something incredibly simple but that doesn't include ketcup or other additive heavy ingredients.
1/19/12 12:08 PM
cdmontgo
201 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This thread needs more pics.
1/19/12 7:49 PM
guy1
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn that peperoncini beef sounds awesome.
1/19/12 9:20 PM
CR1chard
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

savage animal - ^Awesome!

This is what I'm looking for, something incredibly simple but that doesn't include ketcup or other additive heavy ingredients.
Solution? Name your own additive free condiments. I make big batches of ketchup, hot sauce & bbq sauce that last like 6-9 months. Phone Post
1/19/12 9:20 PM
CR1chard
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

*make, not name Phone Post
1/19/12 9:41 PM
HST
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cbass. Your recipe was not good. Intrigued by the ingredients and made it tonight for dinner. Tasteless and rather boring. I love to try new things but girlfriend and I didn't even finish one serving. Will try the Korean beef recipe another day. Phone Post
1/19/12 9:58 PM
ftrflygrly
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChuckManson - subbed for after bingo
Haha I've been set alllllllllll night Phone Post
1/19/12 11:51 PM
HST
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chicken thighs, onion, beans, salsa, cream chicken soup.
1/19/12 11:51 PM
HST

Edited: 01/19/12 11:52 PM
sorry not meaning to be rude. some people's tastes are more plain than others I guess.

salsa too - edit
1/19/12 11:58 PM
HST

And for the record I personally don't have any award winning slow cooker recipes. That is why I am trying ones from this thread. I am sorry cbass but I was just giving my honest opinion.
1/20/12 12:03 AM
Dirtyu D
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HST - chicken thighs, onion, beans, salsa, cream chicken soup.

lol, that sounds fucking disgusting
1/20/12 1:56 AM
Built Like A Fedor
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Subbed Phone Post
1/20/12 9:04 AM
HST

I hate throwing out food but may have to make an exception with that one. Going to scoop out the chicken thighs and eat them though. Phone Post
1/20/12 9:23 AM
quarcus
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I recommend getting an electric pressure cooker. I cooked a fully frozen threelb roast in two hours last night and it came out great. Phone Post
1/20/12 9:32 AM
Fathead D
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I made the Korean Beef tacos the other day and they were awesome.
1/20/12 10:19 AM
JK3420
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1 lb seasoned taco meat, 2 small or 1 big can of Hormel chili with no beans, 2 jars of Frito-medium nacho cheese.

Throw em in and let the pot crock. This dip is very good for parties but we have found it best to get the little 'boat' containers for serving. We also have a nacho cheese machine like at 7-11 and with the dip, you can't go wrong serving this at a party. Phone Post
1/20/12 3:41 PM
guy1
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Try my chicken thigh recipe...

Chicken thighs, beer, jar of green salsa, garlic, chilis, chili powder, cumin, some onions, salt pepper. Season with more salt to taste at the end.

I am finding a lot of things need more salt at the end.
1/20/12 7:31 PM
guy1

Cbass - 
guy1 -

I am finding a lot of things need more salt at the end.

thats the issue i am having with the slowcooker...  a lot of the stuff turns out pretty bland.
im trying something new today
im making carnitas right now... the way i did it was i got a pork tenderloin (2.5 lbs), and seasoned it with cumin, salt, pepper, coriander, and garlic and seared it on all sides for a few minutes. i put that in the crockpot with 1 bottle of beer, 1 coarsely chopped onion, and the juice of 1 orange.
i have that going for 6 hours. then i am going to remove the pork and shred it. 
in the blender,i put 1 can of lime and cilantro diced tomatoes, juice of 1 lime, salt, pepper, 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, onion, coriander, and cumin and blended that.
i am going to put the shredded pork in a cast iron skillet and crisp it up a little and add the blended stuff.
hopefully this turns out good... will post results later

Yeah, I noticed the lack of salt big time the last few times I have cooked in it. I just took to re-seasoning again near the end of cooking.

That sounds delicious, I'll be over in 15.
1/20/12 7:52 PM
HST

Korean beef tacos. Had it tonight. Keeper for sure! Phone Post
1/20/12 10:25 PM
HST

Cbass I'm waiting for the result of the carnitas. Will try if good. Phone Post
1/20/12 11:10 PM
mindspa24
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sub'd

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.