UnderGround Forums

NFLGround >> Your Team's Midseason MVP?

10/31/11 11:26 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TheRealJoker
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Texans have had several key players injured throughout the first half of the season. Andre Johnson and Arian Foster have missed time on offense. Matt Schaub is putting up top 10 QB numbers but has had some consistency issues due in large part to his two all pro skill players AJ and Foster missing playing time at different points the first eight games. The OL is the strongest part of the team but it is playing so well as a unit, there is no single dominant force that you can pinpoint as the reason for the OL's success.

Which leads me to my pick for Houston Texans midseason MVP:

BRIAN CUSHING

Cushing is back into rookie year form... but better. He is the best player on the defense and seems to be everywhere the ball is at whether they are running or passing. There hasn't really been a breakout game by a RB against the Texans this year, mainly due to Cushing stuffing them at the line. Maurice Jones Drew was shut down by this monster... much more impressive than CJ2YPC getting shut down as well!!!

Johnathan Joseph is second in line due to being a true lockdown CB (The Texans biggest need this year) but Cushing gets my pick for midseason MVP due to his overall impact on the defense throughout the year.
11/1/11 12:55 PM
FreakZilla
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My Fantasy Team MVP = Fred Jackson
11/1/11 4:48 PM
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For the Eagles it is LeSean McCoy and it is not even close.

No.1 in NFL in rush yards per game.
5.6 yards per rush best in NFL amongst back with 60+ attempts
35.6% of runs go for first down. Best amonst RB's in the NFL.
10 total td's, tied with AP for first amongst RB's and 2nd overall in NFL behind Megatron (Megatron and AP have played one more game than McCoy)
127.4 total yards per game. 4th behind Forte, F Jackson and Foster.

And the only player to score a touchdown in every game played.

The amazing thing about him is just how often a defender is getting a shot at him on the line of scrimmage, and he is making them miss. He is not ripping as many big runs as last year, but he is consistently turning a probable loss into 4-5 yards.  Currently he would be a lock for All-Pro selection.

11/1/11 5:30 PM
Caleb
221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Arrrggghh^^^

I would say ours is Demarcus Ware on defense.
11/1/11 6:58 PM
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Caleb - Arrrggghh^^^

Bwahahahhahahaha!
11/1/11 10:31 PM
Mr B Rock
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Freddie Jackson for real and fantasy teams
11/2/11 2:02 PM
thePetester
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Either Big Ben or LaMar Woodley.
11/2/11 2:14 PM
C1010
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its tough but Eli Manning or Jason Pierre Paul. Osi is seriously putting in work too.
11/2/11 8:44 PM
Alco Hauler
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bengals - the entire D-Line
11/3/11 11:09 AM
Caleb
221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Waylay - 
Caleb - Arrrggghh^^^

Bwahahahhahahaha!

My day will come to bwhaaaahhhaa at you too. December 24th is payback!
11/4/11 2:33 PM
Steelersfan 24 7

thePetester - Either Big Ben or LaMar Woodley.

It's definitely neck and neck for team mvp between these 2.
I do however think that Ike Taylor doesn't get enough credit for what he does for the def week in and week out. If he had better ball skills people would talk about him in the same breath with guys like Champ Bailey and Assante Samuels.
11/5/11 12:44 AM
DAVID H
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a chargers fan, so no one.....
11/5/11 3:08 AM
Waylay

^ Eric Weddle has been playing great. He would be on my AFC pro bowl team at the moment. Phone Post
11/5/11 10:28 AM
SecondBase
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I do however think that Ike Taylor doesn't get enough credit for what he does for the def week in and week out. If he had better ball skills people would talk about him in the same breath with guys like Champ Bailey and Assante Samuels."

Yes.
11/6/11 2:24 PM
thePetester

SecondBase - "I do however think that Ike Taylor doesn't get enough credit for what he does for the def week in and week out. If he had better ball skills people would talk about him in the same breath with guys like Champ Bailey and Assante Samuels."

Yes.

The problem though is that when he drops a ball, he seems to be so caught up in the fact that he didn't that he gets burned on a play soon after. I really wish they had dropped him and picked up Joseph from cinci.
11/6/11 8:19 PM
alxholic
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bears.

matt forte. he has something like 50% of the team's offense or something. PAY THE MAN!
11/7/11 2:00 PM
CryLikeAGirl
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

49ers: Jim Harbaugh
11/7/11 4:59 PM
Waylay

alxholic - bears.

matt forte. he has something like 50% of the team's offense or something. PAY THE MAN!

Agreed on paying the man. As an Eagles fan tonight, Forte is the ONLY thing I am worrying about. If we can keep him under control, we win it easily. Who else do they have, besides Peppers on Defense and Hester in the return game?

And he is not whinging about the contract situation. Not pulling a Chris Johnsons and holding out. He is playing hard every week.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.