UnderGround Forums

NFLGround >> Week 9 sit em start em....

11/1/11 1:20 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Caleb
221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bring em on...
11/2/11 8:49 AM
FreakZilla
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dallas Defense vs. Seattle

OR

San Fran Defense vs. Washington?

And why?
11/2/11 9:14 AM
Caleb
221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FreakZilla - Dallas Defense vs. Seattle

OR

And why?

I would go with Dallas this week for 2 reasons. Tavaris Jackson is downright terrible.. worse than John Beck. That means lots of sacks and a pick or 2. Also, after being embarrassed on the road against Philly, Dallas will look to have a rebound game and want to kill Seattle. Dallas always beats Seattle good at home too.

San Fran is traveling all the way to the east coast and will beat Washington but not kill them.
11/2/11 9:21 AM
Caleb

I got one I would like everyone's opinion on. Pick 3 out of the 4.

Michael Turner (Playing against Indy)
Beanie Wells (Playing at home against St. Louis.. a tad nicked up but running well)
Demarco Murray (Playing at home against Seattle. Has looked awesome last 2 weeks)
Mike Tolbert (Will get the starting job at home against GB. Ryan Mathews is hurt and not playing)
11/2/11 9:23 AM
Caleb

Also, which defense would you start out of these 3?

KC at home against Miami
Dallas at home against Seattle
Oakland at home against Denver
11/2/11 10:13 AM
alxholic
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

coach,
flex spot.. with andre johnson and peyton hillis still out, i have a flex spot open for

julio jones wr
fred davis te

i think i'm starting fred davis, what do you think? it's a ppr league. if AJ comes back he gets the spot, if hillis comes back, he would be in the same mix of flex players.
11/2/11 10:26 AM
FreakZilla
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Caleb - I got one I would like everyone's opinion on. Pick 3 out of the 4.

Beanie Wells (Playing at home against St. Louis.. a tad nicked up but running well)
Demarco Murray (Playing at home against Seattle. Has looked awesome last 2 weeks)
Mike Tolbert (Will get the starting job at home against GB. Ryan Mathews is hurt and not playing)

Turner, Murray, and Tolbert (especially if Matthews is out).
11/2/11 10:26 AM
FreakZilla

Caleb - 
FreakZilla - Dallas Defense vs. Seattle

OR

And why?

I would go with Dallas this week for 2 reasons. Tavaris Jackson is downright terrible.. worse than John Beck. That means lots of sacks and a pick or 2. Also, after being embarrassed on the road against Philly, Dallas will look to have a rebound game and want to kill Seattle. Dallas always beats Seattle good at home too.

San Fran is traveling all the way to the east coast and will beat Washington but not kill them.

Exactly what i was thinking, thanks.
11/2/11 12:20 PM
Caleb

alxholic - coach,
flex spot.. with andre johnson and peyton hillis still out, i have a flex spot open for

julio jones wr
fred davis te

i think i'm starting fred davis, what do you think? it's a ppr league. if AJ comes back he gets the spot, if hillis comes back, he would be in the same mix of flex players.

Actually, I'm not sure if AJ is going to be out or not. Technically they don't need him vs. the Browns but that dude is dying to come back and play. You have to wait ans see if he practices this week and how he feels.

Fred Davis has some type of ankle sprain so there is no telling if he is even going to play or not. Julio Jones has a favorable match up against the Colts so I would roll with him out of the 2.
11/2/11 1:30 PM
Caleb

FreakZilla - 

So you would sit Beanie at home against St. Louis's bad run defensive and start Tolbert at home against GB? I'm having a hard time sitting Beanie because he has been great this year. He even did well against Baltimore last week. 88 yards and a TD. I think he could at least match or beat that vs. St. Louis.

I'm thinking Tolbert might have a good game at home vs. GB but I can't play him over Beanie. Beanie has earned his spot this week.

This is what I'm thinking

Turner (Lock)
Beanie (Lock)

Murray vs.Tolbert. Murray has looked pretty awesome lately and I'm scared to bench him. Cowboys could go the safe route this week and run the ball down Seattle's throat like they did with St. Louis. So I'm leaning towards Murray over Tolbert.. but man I hate to bench Tolbert when he is going to get all the carries and some passes vs. GB since Mathews will be out.
11/2/11 2:26 PM
FreakZilla

Caleb - 
FreakZilla - 

So you would sit Beanie at home against St. Louis's bad run defensive and start Tolbert at home against GB? I'm having a hard time sitting Beanie because he has been great this year. He even did well against Baltimore last week. 88 yards and a TD. I think he could at least match or beat that vs. St. Louis.

I'm thinking Tolbert might have a good game at home vs. GB but I can't play him over Beanie. Beanie has earned his spot this week.

This is what I'm thinking

Turner (Lock)
Beanie (Lock)

Murray vs.Tolbert. Murray has looked pretty awesome lately and I'm scared to bench him. Cowboys could go the safe route this week and run the ball down Seattle's throat like they did with St. Louis. So I'm leaning towards Murray over Tolbert.. but man I hate to bench Tolbert when he is going to get all the carries and some passes vs. GB since Mathews will be out.

All good choices, I honestly don't think you can go wrong with any of those backs this week. Being that we are both Cowboy fans, i would probably choose Murray and sit back, watching him gash Seattle. Although, I have a feeling the passing game may be featured this week.
11/2/11 3:14 PM
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Turner and Wells are definite locks. St Louis is allowing 5.25 yards per rush, 2nd worst in the league. Wells will get plenty of yards.

I don't like Murray or Tolbert this week. 

Seattle is only allowing 3.18 yards per rush, best in the league. It has been about their only strength.  Their pass rush and pass defense is performing at about the league average. So the Cowboys will find alot more success in the air, limiting Murray's production.

The Packers have been pretty poor when teams choose to run, allowing 4.66 yards per rush. But the problem with Tolbert will be that the Chargers will probably be playing from behind all night. Putting the game on Rivers shoulders. (God help them)

If Ryan Matthews is out, I would pick Tolbert, thinking he might get some fantasy points before the Chargers slide into a hole. Otherwise go Murray and hope for the best.

11/2/11 3:19 PM
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Caleb - Also, which defense would you start out of these 3?

KC at home against Miami
Dallas at home against Seattle
Oakland at home against Denver

Dallas is a no brainer from those three. The Seattle offense has been terrible. Dallas was shamed last week but the Seahawks can't get anywhere near what the Eagles can do. As you say above, they will be at home, and looking to put the hurt on someone.

The other two choices are not terrible choices, but Tebow can jag points out of nowhere, and Miami were solid on offense against the Giants for most of last week.

11/2/11 3:53 PM
Caleb

Good points Waylay.... I decided to switch out Murray for Tolbert. One thing you may have missed is Tolbert is a good receiving RB, he loves catching passes. They also go to him like crazy close to the end zone. I think between his carries and receptions he will rack up plenty of yardage.
11/2/11 9:35 PM
TheRealJoker
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Caleb - 
alxholic - coach,

julio jones wr
fred davis te

Actually, I'm not sure if AJ is going to be out or not. Technically they don't need him vs. the Browns but that dude is dying to come back and play. You have to wait ans see if he practices this week and how he feels.

AJ felt tightness and tugging when he practiced last week. He can run just fine, but the problem right now is he doesn't have 100% of his explosiveness and acceleration back yet when there is an NFL CB working with him in practice. If he comes back without the same explosiveness he shouldn't be back at all due to risk of injury.

I don't think AJ is a viable play until after the Texans bye week. The play the Browns, Bucs, then bye. I wouldn't think of AJ in your lineups for another 3 weeks.
11/3/11 7:42 AM
Caleb

Yeah, I agree with you on AJ. The Texan are winning without him and they have the Browns this week. I can see him sitting again and then coming back the next week. I think they play Tampa.

He was too sore for practice on Wednesday, so what does that tell you?
11/3/11 12:32 PM
TheRealJoker
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Day to day with Kubiak could mean weeks. When he hurt his knee in 07 and missed 7 weeks Kubiak was saying day to day each week. He has no reason to be honest! haha

Bottomline: AJ had surgery after his latest injury. After the bye would mean a 7 week recovery. Even if he comes back for Tampa I dont think he'll be more than a decoy. Phone Post
11/3/11 5:04 PM
Miaou
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Trying to trade Stafford to upgrade my team. I already have Cam so no point in keeping both.
My Players-
RB's:AP, DMC, Chris Johnson, Bush
WR's: Calvin Johnson, Bowe, Boldin, Marshall
TE:Finley/Hernandez

This guy has Romo and has been pretty PO'd about him so going to offer Stafford.
His players are-
RB:Mccoy, SJax, Mendenhall, Ingram
WR:Steve Johnson, AJ Green, VJax, and BLloyd
TE:Fred/vernon davis

THinking of offering Stafford for Mendenhall. You think Mendenhall will have a better 2nd half of a season?
11/3/11 6:32 PM
Johnny Fatz
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mike Tolbert or Michael Bush? (assuming McFadden is injured)
11/3/11 7:32 PM
alxholic
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

how about steve johnson, fred davis, jonathan stewert for a flex spot?

steve johnson may lose the spot because he's on revis island
11/3/11 7:36 PM
alxholic

oops.. jonathan stewert is on bye.. so i guess steve johnson vs fred davis.
11/3/11 8:39 PM
ec
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know what combination of my RB/WR to play this week!

RB
RB
RB/WR
WR
WR

I have Arian Foster, Matt Forte, Ryan Mathews, and Sidney Rice, Jeremy Maclin, Victor Cruz, Santonio Holmes, Erick Decker.

I'm thinking

Foster
Forte
Rice
Maclin
Cruz

But I'm really undecided on the flex spot. Should I bench Mathews this week? And which of my WR have the best chance of scoring me double digits?
11/4/11 6:30 AM
Caleb

Johnny Fatz - Mike Tolbert or Michael Bush? (assuming McFadden is injured)

This one is tough for me because I'm playing Tolbert and the guy Im playing against is playing Bush. I have to go Bush here though because Palmer looked like crap last week and I can see Bush getting like 25 carries against a terrible Denver team.
11/4/11 6:32 AM
Caleb

alxholic - how about steve johnson, fred davis, jonathan stewert for a flex spot?

steve johnson may lose the spot because he's on revis island

If Fred Davis is playing... I would go with him as he is the only decent WR OOOOPS TE in Washington.
11/4/11 8:44 AM
Caleb

ec -  I don't know what combination of my RB/WR to play this week!

RB
RB
RB/WR
WR
WR

I have Arian Foster, Matt Forte, Ryan Mathews, and Sidney Rice, Jeremy Maclin, Victor Cruz, Santonio Holmes, Erick Decker.

I'm thinking

Foster
Forte
Rice
Maclin
Cruz

But I'm really undecided on the flex spot. Should I bench Mathews this week? And which of my WR have the best chance of scoring me double digits?

See below. You were close.

Arian Foster
Matt Forte
Victor Cruz
Jeremy Maclin
Santonio Holmes

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.