UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Leben: Focused, I'm unbeatable

11/1/11 2:08 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1293 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

“For me I always knew what type of fighter I could be,” offered Leben. “I knew I had the physical tools and the heart, but truthfully my biggest enemy has always been me. When I am right and focused I don’t see anyone beating me. The biggest difference has to be doing the right thing. It has to do with more of a focus on training and taking better care of myself.”

In Leben’s last fight, he knocked out MMA legend Wanderlei Silva in just 27 seconds. It was a vicious knockout that saw “The Axe Murderer” fall face first onto the canvas. Afterwards, White suggested that it was maybe time for Silva to call it a career. Being such a huge fan of Silva for so many years, Leben had his own take on that situation.

“I feel like it should be the fighter’s call and that they themselves should know when it’s time to hang up the gloves,” Leben explained. “Wanderlei Silva has done so much for this sport. I think he still has some good fights left in him. Anyone would have gone down if they were hit as hard as I hit him. If Silva wants another fight I believe Dana owes it to him.”

read entire article...

11/1/11 2:56 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chris
393 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, COO
 eh. I do agree what he has to say about Wand though.
11/1/11 2:57 PM
Chimonos Revenge
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hopefully he doesnt eat any left over Halloween Candy
11/1/11 2:59 PM
mmavixen
1121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Really looking forward to the Crippler fight this weekend.  WAR LEBEN!!
11/1/11 2:59 PM
ZombieFewd
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a huge Leben fan, but he's far from unbeatable sadly
11/1/11 3:01 PM
HELWIG
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

remember in any given sunday when coach montezuma monroe(jim brown) tells lawrence taylor's character who is playing with a broken neck that healed improperly, "do you want to be like one of those boxers who doesnt even remember the great fights he won or know how much money he's made?"

yes, ultimately and legally it is the fighter's call.

but theres a reason that commisions prevent pilots from flying at 70 or doctor's from continuing to perform surgery once it's clear they no longer have the same level of performance they once did.

wand's brain got him to world-wide superstardom and the top of a brutal and unforgiving sport.

who honestly thinks it doesnt deserve a break from being boggled around?
11/1/11 3:02 PM
Matt Phillips
831 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I believe in Chris Leben
11/1/11 3:14 PM
Canada_88
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Have to agree with Cre here.  Wands loss was due to piss poor fight iq more than having a shot chin
11/1/11 4:58 PM
haterade

any remember stann vs leben?

11/1/11 5:11 PM
Edlova

Leben vs Derkson. Made me a mma lover before Chris even went on TUF. He made me a believer years ago. That was my first live event. Phone Post
11/1/11 5:12 PM
Edlova

HATERADE! LEBEN WAS PUKING WITH A STOMACH VIRUS BEFORE THAT FIGHT Phone Post
11/1/11 5:14 PM
nyhcloyalty
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edlova - Leben vs Derkson. Made me a mma lover before Chris even went on TUF. He made me a believer years ago. That was my first live event. Phone Post
This! One of the best fights I've ever seen to this day. Phone Post
11/1/11 5:24 PM
Edlova

nyhcloyalty -
Edlova - Leben vs Derkson. Made me a mma lover before Chris even went on TUF. He made me a believer years ago. That was my first live event. Phone Post
This! One of the best fights I've ever seen to this day. Phone Post
Glad someone agrees buddy Phone Post
11/1/11 5:37 PM
WheresBobbySouthworth

Edited: 11/01/11 5:37 PM
Leben has always been deluded about where he stands skillwise in the UFC. He's a slow moving brawler with an iron chin and left hand. No amount of focus is gonna stop him from being picked apart by faster accurate strikers. I don't give a shit if Leben went full vegan and had the best camp of his life, Brian Stann hits faster, more accurately, and won't leave his chin out there on a platter like Wand did.

With that said, I give him a good chance against Munoz. Munoz is sloppy as hell. Leben just needs one of those lefts.
11/1/11 5:38 PM
thebasher

mentally, he's unstable
11/1/11 8:00 PM
McBottery

I want to put money on Leben, but I'm afraid of him beating Munoz in round 1 and then Munoz wrestlefucks him for the next two rounds or something.
11/1/11 8:07 PM
Poopyface TomatoNose

If Leben clips Munoz just once it's good night Irene!!! Phone Post
11/1/11 8:21 PM
ThatsHowIRoll
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Poopyface TomatoNose -  If Leben clips Munoz just once it's good night Irene!!! Phone Post

voted up for 'the voice' reference
11/1/11 10:03 PM
Arecsa
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Poor guy has mentally blocked out the night Anderson starched him. Leben could do everything right for an 8 week camp and you could pull Anderson straight out of McDonalds and he'd still get given another epic smashing.
11/1/11 11:50 PM
hogh20

Arecsa - Poor guy has mentally blocked out the night Anderson starched him. Leben could do everything right for an 8 week camp and you could pull Anderson straight out of McDonalds and he'd still get given another epic smashing.

VTFU
11/2/11 12:17 AM
HELWIG

Leben claims the reason he was puking for Stann was because in his 20th+ pro fight he decided after weigh ins to have gummi bears and ice cream and candy bars.

11/2/11 9:45 AM
buckshot44
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cat Smasher FTW!!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.