UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> new Hulk series

1/11/12 3:50 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
paw
1175 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Banner is getting to the point of being irredeemable.....
1/11/12 4:05 PM
BigWilliam
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They better explain him laying out the Hulk or I will not be buying this series any longer.
1/11/12 4:18 PM
SKARHEAD
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silvestri gone after 3 issues ?

I outgrew Portacio in the 90's...This is a poor replacement. Will Silvestri be back ?

Also, damn I felt bad for the Boar Brothers too...They're obviously little more than sntient dumb animals following their father's orders to please... That ending was just COLD !
1/11/12 4:23 PM
disbeliever
260 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol
1/11/12 4:46 PM
MarkRobinson
905 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Losing....interest....

1/11/12 5:36 PM
dendawg
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This just doesnt fit with the original Hulk we've grown up with. The "hulk smash" hulk, this new hulk seems like a fucking philosopher when compared. Just not right.
1/11/12 9:16 PM
1armedScissor
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

holy fuck that was cool. why does everything have to be the same? How many times can we read about hulk smashing shit. Not to mention, it's fiction so you can have both the old hulk and the new hulk simultaneously. There are no rules.

Anyways, I dig this. I see it as progress with a beloved character who has grown stale. I'm glad writers take chances and try to improve things as opposed to taking the safe road. Aren't you glad someone decided that wooden wheels weren't good enough and they invented rubber tires?

Same think with comics. I'm glad someone is trying something new with the hulk rather than the same old same old.
1/11/12 9:56 PM
SKARHEAD
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I could care less about all that...Hulk will ALWAYS be in a state of flux...I lost interest when Portacio came on.
1/11/12 11:09 PM
CharlesLewis
779 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's not like things won't be 100% back to normal in a few months.

Portacio blows.
1/13/12 6:44 PM
MrMead
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I kind of like this
1/16/12 6:25 PM
Hercules Rockerfeller
220 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What i want to know is how Hulk grew such long illustrious hair in just a few short weeks.
1/22/12 6:46 AM
JudOWNED
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SKARHEAD - Silvestri gone after 3 issues ?

I outgrew Portacio in the 90's...This is a poor replacement. Will Silvestri be back ?

I don't see a lot of difference.  And I'm a little surprised by all the love the art is getting anyway.  Frankly, it all seems very Liefeld to me.  Especially the faces.  Lots of lines.  Angular with high defined cheekbones.  Lots of teeth and gritting of teeth.  Etc.  Just look at the close up of Banners face that starts every ish.  It's got it all.

As for the story, it really makes no sense for Banner.  The only thing I can think of is that they are going to explain it with the brain tumor.  I bet it's something like the seperation process caused the tumor, which is then causing him to go insane.  Only way to cure it will be to put them back together.
1/22/12 6:32 PM
CharlesLewis
779 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/22/12 6:33 PM
I understand not liking Silvestri's style, but if you can't tell the difference between him and Portacio you need glasses. Silvestri is strylized, but has his own internal logic about anatomy, faces, etc. Portacio can't draw.

Look at that second to last panel: Banner in rocket boots. Honestly, that's just awful. He can't draw a face the same way twice.

Silvestri is like Bachalo, I understand not liking his STYLE but don't deny his talent. Portacio draws like a 12 year old.

1/23/12 4:48 AM
AdamDotCom
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/23/12 4:52 AM
JudOWNED - As for the story, it really makes no sense for Banner.  The only thing I can think of is that they are going to explain it with the brain tumor.  I bet it's something like the seperation process caused the tumor, which is then causing him to go insane.  Only way to cure it will be to put them back together.

Clearly, Banner's fucking insane, I don't think separation from Hulk caused the tumor. Just a thought, but it might be the massive amounts of Gamma radiation he's pumping into himself that provided that party favour.
I think that his separation from Hulk is what made him nuts. A part of his psyche was ripped out, that may lead to some instability.
1/23/12 6:07 AM
CharlesLewis

I am thinking Hulk will have to rejoin Banner because unhulked Banner is far worse than Bannerless Hulk.
1/23/12 7:07 AM
Leigh
626 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That would be lame. You deal with criminals, don't force others to take responsibility for them
2/8/12 12:22 PM
CharlesLewis

2/8/12 12:23 PM
CharlesLewis

Seriously, does Portacio have a brain tumor or what? The art is getting worse.

This is sucking big time, but in for a penny, in for a pound. Got to at least see the end.
2/8/12 12:30 PM
BigWilliam
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It always comes back to Doom.
2/8/12 7:35 PM
Granpa
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thank you for sharing man. Wanted to read this but damn comics are so expensive these days.
2/9/12 12:57 AM
MarkRobinson
905 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So you can cut hulks head open with a chain saw?

This story sucks.

Dooms the only motherfucker smart enough to pull off the operation outside of Reed. Using him in this story was super cliche though.
2/9/12 1:11 AM
Calebcb
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The chainsaw was adamantium. That was the one thing that made sense in the story.
2/9/12 2:41 AM
Leigh
626 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So doom can do brain surgery, cloning and mind transfer on a unique creature like the hulk but he can't get plastic surgery for his own face? Phone Post
2/9/12 2:58 AM
Calebcb
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, Doom not being able to fix his face at this point through magic or technology without stealing a cosmic being's power doesn't make much sense. Either fix it or retcon it to be some hellish curse from Mephisto since it was the portal to hell blowing up that damaged him.
2/9/12 9:11 AM
MarkRobinson

adamantium or not, why didnt hulks skull start regenerating? 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.