UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> new Hulk series

2/9/12 9:29 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Willybone
392 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was hoping it had something to do with the Worthy (can't remember his name) that was released from World Breaker at the end of Fear Itself.
The more I think about it, having Doom do it at Hulk's request is pretty lame.

2/9/12 9:34 AM
HEMAN
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They had a lot of opportunity with the Hulk and Banner seperation storyline. Like how Banner deals with common folks no longer able to HULK UP to beat their ass. Hulk dealing with his issues. They could have slowly given Hulk more personality ala CONAN. Could have concluded with Hulk vs Banner Frankenstein episode.
2/9/12 9:55 AM
paw
1375 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks Charles.....

Aaron explained a lot in this issue...and while I'll grant that it makes sense on some levels, this issue really lost me.  I'd like to see how it plays out, but ....that's about it.
2/9/12 1:24 PM
CharlesLewis
783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think everyone agrees this was a misfire.
2/9/12 1:26 PM
Alger Hiss
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wowzers, what lazy writing.
2/9/12 2:17 PM
TexBP
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did I miss the part where they explained banners glowing hands, and how he could knock the HULK halfway across the island?
2/9/12 8:23 PM
Calebcb
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MarkRobinson - adamantium or not, why didnt hulks skull start regenerating? 

I assume the metal around his head is clamping it back and there's some anti regen sedative pumping in to him through the tubes like when Wolverine is operated on. Slacker. You're supposed to be the Doom apologist here.
2/9/12 10:48 PM
PINKsinglet
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

why does HULK look like Carl from slingblade
2/9/12 11:44 PM
CharlesLewis
783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

seriously, just pick at random any panel with a face in it... every panel looks retarded. How does this guy get work?

Even Doom's mask looks like it has Down's.
2/10/12 1:27 AM
MarkRobinson
1196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Calebcb - 
MarkRobinson - adamantium or not, why didnt hulks skull start regenerating? 

I assume the metal around his head is clamping it back and there's some anti regen sedative pumping in to him through the tubes like when Wolverine is operated on. Slacker. You're supposed to be the Doom apologist here.

ha! 

my hate for Hulk clouded my vision. Of course Doom can stop Hulks overblown healing factor. 
2/27/12 3:46 AM
Mudderfaeg
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT! WHERE'S THE NEXT ISSUE!?
3/1/12 4:29 PM
franknbeans1
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mudderfaeg - TTT! WHERE'S THE NEXT ISSUE!?

3/1/12 6:41 PM
JoeHurley
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MarkRobinson - So you can cut hulks head open with a chain saw?

This story sucks.

Dooms the only motherfucker smart enough to pull off the operation outside of Reed. Using him in this story was super cliche though.

They could have got away with the High Evolutionary doing it, but that would lack the impact of Hulk owing a villain like Doom a favor.  And High Evolutionary sucks in stories anyways.

Doom can fix his face, but depending on the writer he never really wants to...unless he gets cosmic powers thne it's the first damn thing he does.  I like to think he subconciously wants his face scarred due to some guilt and Reed Richards inferiority complex.  Kind of like Two Face in Batman always getting his face fixed and then pouring acid on it and fucking it up over and over.
3/2/12 12:14 PM
Willybone
392 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gotta get subbed on some more of these awesome titles.
Don't want to miss an update.
3/21/12 6:51 PM
CharlesLewis

I've had this for a while, just couldn't work up the enthusiasm to post...
3/21/12 6:53 PM
CharlesLewis

3/21/12 7:37 PM
Leigh
759 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shit art and shit story but thanks for posting

How did hulk get smart again? As I recall, after WWH, he got dumb again (but still outsmarted Rulk, LOL).
3/21/12 7:53 PM
CharlesLewis

after WWH Banner and Hulk kinda worked together for a while. Hulk was maybe Joe Fixit level intelligence.

Seriously, is Portacio drawing these with an Etch a Sketch? Just awful.
3/21/12 9:52 PM
Alger Hiss
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Portacio draws with the ingenuity of a young Rob Liefeld. Oh, and the story's shit too.
3/22/12 2:58 AM
Leigh
759 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So after wwh, hulk became savage hulk again and then became grey hulk smart and is now genius smart again? Phone Post
3/22/12 3:41 AM
MarkRobinson
1196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looks like theyre setting Doom up to be responsible for banners ridiculous actions.

I think this story is terrible. Coupled with the art it's a clear cut shitfest.

Some of the worst fuckin art ever.
3/22/12 4:04 AM
CharlesLewis

Edited: 09/15/12 6:19 PM
Leigh -  So after wwh, hulk became savage hulk again and then became grey hulk smart and is now genius smart again? Phone Post

At first Banner was Savage "Me Hulk" for a couple of issues, even very briefly turning Grey again in one issue, but Rulk drained him and he couldn't Hulk at all for a long time. Then you had Banner running around with Skaar and all of that. Then Hulk and Banner seemed to kind of accept one another and work together, inner-voice style.

Then Fear Itself, then Banner Island.

3/22/12 4:39 AM
Leigh

Ah right yeah thanks Phone Post
3/22/12 9:55 AM
paw
1375 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seriously....WTF did I just read?!?!

Unless Aaron pulls something out, this is rubbish.
3/22/12 12:07 PM
uratoker2
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Charles Lewis, thanks for taking the time to post this. Ugh is all I can say. When I think of how bad this is (in both art and writing) as compared to when I was a kid reading these (late 70's/early 80s), how spoiled I was back then!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.