UnderGround Forums

PetGround >> Thinking about getting a English Bulldog...

11/2/11 10:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Matrixkick
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What do I need to know? Health concerns, temperment, etc.. I know the internet has info but always best IMO from people with first hand knowledge. Thx
11/8/11 9:46 AM
Twelve Gage
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great dogs!

However make sure you get Pet insurance. I bought mine four years ago. I spent 5k in Vet bills the first month. Since then it hasn't been too bad. They do shed like crazy. Clean their wrinkles and ears at least every few days.

Mine has never shown any sign of aggression at all. I would suggest getting some books too to help you when they are puppies.

Also their ability to attract chicks is second to none.

Good luck!

Jeorme
11/8/11 11:48 AM
Matrixkick
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks great advice! Who did you get insurance through? And how much am I looking at? Phone Post
11/8/11 12:04 PM
Twelve Gage
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I went throug VPI. Its 25 a month. The price varies on breed and age I beleive.
11/24/11 6:36 AM
Jaybrone
375 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They can be great dogs if you dont mind the constant snoring even when they are not sleeping. They also due to the breathing issues tend to be VERY prone to gas and tend to be kinda stinky, cleaning the wrinkles helps with being stinky. Every bulldog I have ever met is absolutely hillarious personality wise. But overall as a breed they are very prone to a ton of health issues. Pet health insurance for them is a MUST.
11/24/13 3:12 PM
Ronda Winter
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pet insurance, lots of space and goot vets
1/5/14 12:09 PM
SteveEntriken
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ronda Winter - pet insurance, lots of space and goot vets

+1
1/5/14 3:02 PM
VinegarStrokes
375 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They are awesome dogs. Best advice is pet insurance and do research. Ensure the breeders do a ton of health screening. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.