UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Leben: I'm the #1 contender if I win

11/4/11 3:01 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
912 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

"It's tough," Chris Leben said. "When I go do an appearance or something, everybody wants to see 'The Cat Smasher.' They want to see the dyed red hair."

"I grew up a little different than most people and that might be hard for some people to understand, but at the time I thought my behavior was fine. I thought it was normal. Since then I've worked a lot, done a lot of counseling, and I've realized that there's some things I need to change. I've worked hard at changing them, and obviously I haven't been perfect, but life is about progression. It's not about perfection. I'm still working, still pursuing my goals and trying to be the kind of man I want to be."

"Honestly, in my mind this is for number one contender. He's won three straight, I've won four of my last five, just knocked out Wanderlei Silva. I think me and Munoz, if I go out there and defeat him and dominate him that should say that, hey, Chris deserves a crack at the title."

"I think they'd have to take a look at me. They've had reasons, obviously, why they think I shouldn't get a title shot, but if I win this one I think I'm glaring, I'm staring at that number one contender position."

"I've got a huge head and I hit hard. But also, my style of fighting, I'm not a fancy guy. You're not going to see me jumping off the cage or throwing a spinning back kick. I throw my left hand. Why? Because it works. And if it ain't broke...you know."

Read entire article...

11/4/11 3:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
suess
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i still don't think leben has anything for AS. 

11/4/11 3:11 PM
Chimonos Revenge
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He wouldnt be far from it, actually.

But leben would not beat AS either way.

Leben's style is perfect for Anderson to pick apart.
11/4/11 3:13 PM
RickStormsHotSister
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would Leben actually be willing to fight Sonnen?
11/4/11 3:16 PM
Willin
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry Chris- I know you and Chael are friends but he'd put your face through the canvas before he lets you get a shot at Anderson before him.
11/4/11 3:17 PM
da Vinci 81
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like leben, but he's got a long way to go before they could sell a rematch with Anderson. Phone Post
11/4/11 3:18 PM
Herring In A Fur Coat

RickStormsHotSister - Would Leben actually be willing to fight Sonnen?

Why won't he?  Would probably triangle him, also...
11/4/11 3:18 PM
NKTKDace
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glovegate you are actually worse than the silva nuthuggers because you actually show up before most of them do like now.

That makes you even more annoying. Phone Post
11/4/11 3:19 PM
MoFiasco

It's kind of weird saying it but yuh Leben isn't too far from a title shot if he wins this fight. Maia was top 5 or 6 before the Munoz fight, so a win for leben puts him in the area. I think a fight with vitor after he fights rumble would make the most sense. Phone Post
11/4/11 3:22 PM
MoFiasco

Actually I'd like to see leben welcome rockhold into the UFC if he beats Munoz. Phone Post
11/4/11 3:22 PM
Idsmashit

Palhares v Leben if he wins

11/4/11 3:25 PM
Body Shots
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

suess -

i still don't think leben has anything for AS. 

I like Leben but this Phone Post
11/4/11 3:28 PM
buckshot44
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cat Smasher FTW!!
11/4/11 3:29 PM
MMALOGIC

Vitor should be fighting the winner of leben/munoz... not Anthony Johnson.
11/4/11 3:37 PM
disbeliever
257 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris is exactly the same fighter he was when he first fought Anderson, with more battle damage and milage. He has nothing for Anderson
11/4/11 3:38 PM
nogblublt

Either way Munoz or Leben should have to fight. Belfort, Sonnen, Okami, or Palhares for contender status. Munoz already beat Maia. Phone Post
11/4/11 3:39 PM
newjack900

Big Leben fan, but I don't have much interest in Silva-Leben II. It would be another great fight for the Silva lovers tho bc the Leben fighting style is tailor-made for Silva's striking which is on another level compared to 99% of MMA fighters. Leben v Sonnen would be interesting if Leben could stay off his back, but Sonnen has been ragdolling MW's lately. This is not to say I don't wanna see Leben in big fights, I love his fighting spirit, as well as his improving skills & style... Leben v Belfort is a fight I would love to see. Anthony Johnson, Tim Kennedy, Siyar Bahadurzada, Belcher, Maia, etc.. would all be great fights for Leben to be involved in as well.
11/4/11 3:40 PM
roscoegrinders
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sonnen beat  Stann who beat leben. So no I doubt it. He is slightly above average-one of the funest guys to watch but not a serious contender anymore
11/4/11 3:45 PM
Woodford Mike
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm sorry, I like Leben alot, but if AS only has 4 fights or whatever left in his career, than I don't want Silva-Leben to be one of them.

If Leben beats Munoz and AS defeats Sonnen (assuming it goes off), then I think the UFC balks at Silva-Leben II. Phone Post
11/4/11 3:49 PM
C Riv

If Leben is the #1 contender then Silva NEEDS to leave the division and make a run at light heavy. Phone Post
11/4/11 4:15 PM
The Sultan
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

not a good idea for Chris to fight Anderson.
11/4/11 4:33 PM
fiercedragon

LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
11/4/11 4:38 PM
RJJH

Munoz by GnP TKO.

11/4/11 4:40 PM
the islander

he's the number #1 contender to be in a #1 contender fight if he wins
11/4/11 5:07 PM
NINERS76

Leben one of my favorite too watch but he hasnt changed much. Sonnen vs Leben ok but Silva vs Leben 2 not. Here is my Top 5 Middleweight Contenders right now.

1. Sonnen (Beat Stann and close fight with Silva. Best style to fight Silva)

2. Munoz (Too wide open in his striking. Would get TKOd by Silva)

3. Paul Harris (Nobody wants to fight this guy. I believe that he would make Sonnen and munoz tap in Rounds 1 or 2.

4. Leben (4 out of 5 fights won. Beat Wand last fight)

5. Maia (Always dangerous but people know they gotta a pretty good chance if they just keep it from the ground. Still too much of a one trick pony)

Sonnen I believe is the only one that can win against Silva because of style but I believe Paul Harris beats all the challengers pretty easy but looses to Silva. Styles make fights

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.