UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW warming (a little) to Daley return

11/5/11 9:59 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1295 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

At UFC 113 Josh Koscheck smothered striker Paul Daley for three straight rouns. At the close of the bout, a frustrated 'Semtex' lost it:

He was summarily fired for the foul by UFC President Dana White.

Daley has been unequivocal about his desire to return to the UFC. The UK fighter is 6-2 since since being fired by the UFC, with losses to Tyron Woodley and Nick Diaz, and wins over Luigi Fioravanti, Jordan Radev, Yuya Shirai, Scott Smith, Jorge Masvidal and Daniel Acacio.

At the UFC 138 post fight press con in Birmingham, England, White seemed to leave some space for Dlaey to return, but he was anything but eager about the prospect.

"The Strikeforce-Showtime deal isn't done yet," White said. "We'll see what happens with that first. I just have a hard time with what Daley did."

"It's not like Daley's been so friendly since that happened, either. Plus, he hasn't won. The guy's got to win some fights.

"Any guy who loses in the UFC or other promotions, you lose, and you go get some wins somewhere else and come back."

"I'm not a fan, to be honest. You know that."

Read entire article...

11/5/11 10:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MakeMeBleed
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he is fun and one of the best UK guys out there. let him back in. who cares if he is a douche I just wanna watch good fights. I dont think he would ever act like that again
11/5/11 10:09 PM
sgotwalks
1668 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MakeMeBleed - he is fun and one of the best UK guys out there. let him back in. who cares if he is a douche I just wanna watch good fights. I dont think he would ever act like that again

Bang on man. Pretty much exactly what I was about to say.
11/5/11 10:10 PM
EnderTL
270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MakeMeBleed - he is fun and one of the best UK guys out there. let him back in. who cares if he is a douche I just wanna watch good fights. I dont think he would ever act like that again
It's not just that.. He is almost always missing weight also. Dude just seems like too much trouble IMO.

I don't mind watching him in smaller shows, but his lack of professionalism makes me think he will never be relevant in the UFC. Phone Post
11/5/11 10:23 PM
qazzaq
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

anything for a dollar eh dana
11/5/11 10:23 PM
Teenage mutant lesnar turtle
562 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Unprofessional, and vunerable to wrestlers. But credit where its due, hes one of the most aggressive and hardest hitting welterweights in the world.
11/5/11 10:27 PM
JaseHxC

Bring him in and feed him to The Juggernaut. If Jake can't put him away on the feet, which I think he could, he can easily take it to the ground.
11/5/11 10:34 PM
Dmoney35
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stonepony - He's an overrated punk who makes the sport look bad.
So is Diaz Phone Post
11/5/11 10:38 PM
darkness66
250 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stonepony - And, respect to Koscheck for being a professional and not responding to Daley's assault (which is what it was, try sucker punching somebody on the street in front of a police officer).
Lol @ professional. You call wrestle fucking a guy and talking shit in his ear for 3 rounds then trying to act hurt over a phantom knee professional?

C'mon man! Yeah daley is a punk for throwing that sucker punch but kos is a weasel and I wish that punch had put him on his ass. Phone Post
11/5/11 11:02 PM
stevekt
708 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was in the 2nd row for Diaz vs Daley. That was a kick ass fight. Sadly, I don't think he'll ever play the game to Dana's satisfaction. Also the constant weight problems need to be sorted out.
11/5/11 11:07 PM
Body Shots
668 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Daley should be fighting in the UFC.. Entertaining and WW needs more names.. Phone Post
11/5/11 11:08 PM
stevekt
708 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

darkness66 - 
stonepony - And, respect to Koscheck for being a professional and not responding to Daley's assault (which is what it was, try sucker punching somebody on the street in front of a police officer).
Lol @ professional. You call wrestle fucking a guy and talking shit in his ear for 3 rounds then trying to act hurt over a phantom knee professional?

C'mon man! Yeah daley is a punk for throwing that sucker punch but kos is a weasel and I wish that punch had put him on his ass. Phone Post

Yeah, I read that Koscheck was saying some very fucked up things to Daley as he held him down. Kos was playing him and got him to swing.
11/5/11 11:13 PM
clattymine
576 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What happens whenn he comes back and misses weight?  Will he get dropped again?

I like watching Daley fight but he's unprofessional all around.  The UFC does not need him.
11/5/11 11:17 PM
Deaf Forever

Edited: 11/05/11 11:17 PM
Funny how that hypocritical douche was okay with Diaz swarming Mayhem in the Strikeforce Nashville brawl.
11/5/11 11:21 PM
BJJkilla
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he did pretty good against woodley considering a lot of people expected him to just get run over. if he keeps improving his wrestling and guard, he can give a lot of top contenders a problem. daley vs alves would be a good fight for both.
11/5/11 11:24 PM
un3rgr0und

If Daley wants back in the UFC he need to make weight and be a professional, win some more fights like Dana said.

...and Dana is right, Daley had been talking all kinds of shit until recently, and then it must have dawned on Daley oh shit, I should try to smooth things over and stfu
11/5/11 11:26 PM
un3rgr0und

heroder - without the "unprofessional" and "bad for the sport" fighters this sport would be no were you dumb pieces of cum.

Look at Tito and wtf he did for the sport. 1 million plus PPVS before TUF

dumb pieces of cum?

what kind of back asswards town do you come from ? haha, fucking people
11/5/11 11:30 PM
ABE FROMAN

Respect to Dana for being a Boss instead of a hothead.
11/5/11 11:52 PM
roscoegrinders
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The only reason he would be brought back is that dana needs more british fighters. Hardy has been exposed and bisping can only headline so many free cards. I cant think off the top of my head another british high profile fighter. Daley is overated though
11/6/11 1:27 AM
DWray
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Dana ever lets him back in the UFC, it better not be at 170. MAKE him fight at 185.

When you act how he's acted in the past AND miss weight in 7 of your last 15 fights, you do deserve to be a professional welterweight in the biggest organization in the world.
11/6/11 1:34 AM
ausgepicht

Edited: 11/06/11 1:41 AM
MakeMeBleed - he is fun and one of the best UK guys out there. let him back in. who cares if he is a douche I just wanna watch good fights. I dont think he would ever act like that again
He hasn't had a good fight in a while. He's 3-2 this year and his last two wins were decisions and one of those losses was a TKO. I think he's losing his mojo. He has to prove he should come back....some flashy KOs of guys he should be KOing and showing some respect to BLAF.

Until then he can wallow.

11/6/11 1:38 AM
nubs

Not that anyone cares but ill never buy a ppv with daley on it. Phone Post
11/6/11 1:43 AM
ausgepicht

heroder - so easy to entice some of you guys lol

but regardless he deserves to be back. Im sure he wont do shit like that again. Hes a great striker and hes coming along very well with his wrestling.

I think he deserves a second shot.
He's done nothing to deserve to come back. He hasn't done anything fightwise, hasn't shown any remorse or regret, and hasn't given BLAF....the man who can give him his job back, any respect.

He can stay at the minor leagues.

11/6/11 1:46 AM
SugaFoot
918 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Daley is probably my second favorite fighter, nothing more i would want to see then bringing back Daley.
11/6/11 1:49 AM
ausgepicht

heroder - WHo cares man if he doesnt give Dana respect. Dana isnt MMA.

Daley has improved and has looked decently impressive. Plus hes no Jon Fitch he goes for the kill.

WW needs more fighters like him.
Derp. Dana decides if he has a job in the UFC. Derp. Over. He has already stated that is one of the things holding Daley back. Derp. Over.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.