UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Munoz beats Leben, wants Silva next

11/6/11 1:05 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
900 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

video by ESPN.com

Mark Munoz turned in a tremendous performance on Saturday at UFC 138, battering Chris Leben for two rounds before the fight was stopped prior to the start of the third. Munoz controlled the fight on the ground and opened up a big cut over Leben's left eye with hard right hands, and between the second and third rounds Leben's corner decided to stop the fight.

After being awarded the victory by second-round technical knockout, Munoz said he wants the next shot at UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva.

"I pay my dues in this weight class and I think I deserve a title shot," Munoz said. "Anderson Silva is by far the best pound-for-pound fighter. I give him all the respect and honor, but I think I deserve a title shot right now. I consider him a friend, but right now I'd love to get a title shot."

read entire article...

11/6/11 1:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bat21
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Saw the post fight interview.
11/6/11 2:15 PM
The Engineer
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They are friends and have trained together, maybe Silva put him up to it in yet another attempt to avoid a fight with Sonnen (j/k I don't think he would actually do that but it's fun to get the conspiracy theorist stirred up, although it would be smart on Silva's part)
11/6/11 3:45 PM
AceAtGSU
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Make Munoz fight Chael if Silva wont. He would lose soundly and the talk of him deserving a title shot would be over.
11/6/11 3:55 PM
chaplinshouse
650 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Munoz vs Leben, winner gets title shot. If that proves true, what a weak division. If you can't do well at UFC MW, it may be time to rethink this whole fight business.

11/6/11 3:58 PM
Bill Pharoni
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Like Dana said at the press conference there are a few guys in line. Chael is going to get a shot and there's Dan Henderson as well.

Paul Harris would eat Munoz for breakfast and ask for more.

11/6/11 4:06 PM
rosario00

If Leben took Munoz down twice, Chael would slam him to death Phone Post
11/6/11 4:20 PM
Chris
345 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, COO
 Munoz vs. winner of Bisping/Mayhem seems logical.
11/6/11 4:36 PM
JUSTIN KASE

Munoz is dillusional. There's no way he deserves a shot yet. There are too many other qualifying fights that must happen first. Why be in such a rush to get beat down? Phone Post
11/6/11 6:34 PM
soldierdad5417

JUSTIN KASE -  Munoz is dillusional. There's no way he deserves a shot yet. There are too many other qualifying fights that must happen first. Why be in such a rush to get beat down? Phone Post

Trial by fire, only way to do anything at the pro level. I don't think it'll happen, but the squeaky wheel always gets the grease.
11/6/11 6:38 PM
guardbr8kr

Wrestlers are Anderson's achilles' heel. Eveyone knows this.
11/6/11 6:42 PM
Hunter V
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

guardbr8kr - Wrestlers are Anderson's achilles' heel. Eveyone knows this.

true, this is why so many have beat him. Oh wait, they haven't.
11/6/11 7:13 PM
rosario00

Hunter V -
guardbr8kr - Wrestlers are Anderson's achilles' heel. Eveyone knows this.

true, this is why so many have beat him. Oh wait, they haven't.
Lol Phone Post
11/6/11 11:13 PM
rockwell
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd like to see Munoz/Silva

It'd be a good fight. Much better matchup for Anderson than Okami or Maia.
11/6/11 11:54 PM
StretchPlum

Sonnen is vastly better than Munoz. Don't think it would be a competitive fight, which is why Mark wants to go straight to the top.
11/7/11 12:13 AM
easedel

sorry but sonnen should get first crack at it, he deserved an immediate rematch to begin with, then went on to roll over stann...

its sonnens shot next
11/7/11 1:49 AM
joe k
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silva is going to stall and Dana will be forced to make Sonnen vs Munoz.
11/7/11 8:31 AM
FreakDaddy
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Mark and all, but he is not ready for Silva. He has really inproved as of late though.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.