UnderGround Forums

NFLGround >> My God this Texans running game!!!

11/6/11 11:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TheRealJoker
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Texans have two running backs over 100 yards for the second time in three games. Both Foster and Tate are on pace for 1000+ yards rushing. This running game is pretty freaking awesome...

And it will only get better once AJ comes back!!! :-)
11/7/11 5:01 PM
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You would think with AJ out, that the teams would be kinda focused a bit more on stopping the run. Guess not.
11/8/11 8:05 AM
TheRealJoker
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Waylay -  You would think with AJ out, that the teams would be kinda focused a bit more on stopping the run. Guess not.

The problem they have ran into is that when they stack the box to stop the run Schaub releases TE hell upon his foes!!! OD and Dreesen are severely underrated but every bit as important to this offense's success as Gronk/Hernandez in NE.
11/8/11 2:54 PM
leglockfan
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They are both really really impressive backs. I'm not a bandwagon Texans fan but I am very impressed by them. I also had them both on my FF team but I dropped Tate (stupid)
11/8/11 3:55 PM
TheRealJoker

The crazy part is this is essentially the same OL since 2007. Only new starter is Wade Smith LG who they signed last offseason. Just goes to show you what a little bit of chemistry on the OL can do if a team is patient with the talent inthe trenches. Phone Post
11/8/11 4:05 PM
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I read this morning that Foster is now all time Houston rush td leader, in only 29 starts. The joy of playing for an expansion franchise.
11/8/11 9:54 PM
TheRealJoker

He beat out Domanick Davis for that! Davis later
changed his name to Williams after leavin football with knee problems. DD/W only played a couple seasons but had really good potential as a Brian Westbrook type back. Productive runner on an expansion team. Shame he ran into knee trouble :-( Phone Post
11/14/11 2:23 PM
TheCorrect

The Texans are steamrolling everybody with their run game. That is the best O-line in football. Every week Foster jukes some poor DB out of his shoes.

The less passes Schaub has to throw , the better.
11/14/11 2:49 PM
TheRealJoker

Once AJ gets back the safety leaves the box and all hell will break loose!!! Phone Post
11/14/11 4:59 PM
east
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^Leinart going to love playing with AJ. 
11/14/11 5:12 PM
TheCorrect

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!
11/14/11 5:36 PM
Waylay

Don't worry, their schedule is not scary and that o-line and backfield will give Leinart an easy time.
11/14/11 5:41 PM
TheCorrect

Yeah, but somewhere in the playoffs, the QB is going to have to make some plays for the Texans to be able to win. I'm not sure Leinart can make those plays. At least he has 2 weeks to practice with the starters.
11/14/11 6:15 PM
TheRealJoker

Leinart needs to be a game manager. Chuck it to AJ every once in awhile and hand the ball off 35-40 times a game. Dont. Fuck. Up. Phone Post
11/18/11 10:19 AM
Steelersfan 24 7
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's going to get a lot tougher to run the ball with Leinart as the starting QB. Teams are going to dare the Texans to throw the ball and Leinart is gonna have to complete some passes to keep the D honest, but they do have the best 1-2 punch in the league.
11/18/11 4:24 PM
Waylay

Leinart is competent enough that if teams start playing cover 1 he will make enough plays to keep the Texans in it.  Because he had Kurt Warner there the whole time, he was always under pressure, and not given enough time to develop I think.

11/18/11 7:11 PM
Tebowkakke
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Texans running game is very impressive. It is the old Denver scheme that works pretty much no matter what. They have been one of the best throughout the year, but at this point in the year I have never seen a more efficient running game than what Denver is doing.
11/19/11 11:41 AM
TheRealJoker

Tebowkakke - The Texans running game is very impressive. It is the old Denver scheme that works pretty much no matter what. They have been one of the best throughout the year, but at this point in the year I have never seen a more efficient running game than what Denver is doing.
Right on cue... Phone Post
11/23/11 1:33 PM
C1010
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matt Schaub is heading to the IR. Kellen Clemens is going to be signed.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.