UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> LEGEND Comparison Anderson/Fedor

7/29/12 9:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Smith1234
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The reason that Anderson beats fewer former title holders is structural and has nothing to do with accomplishments.

He has fought or materially all in one show at 185 and being dominant. He has been the champ almost the whole time in that show. So he beats everyone in the division BEFORE they can become champs.

And he hasn't left the UFC and fought a bunch of "former champs" that are no longer in the UFC.

I also think beating kick boxers and Olympic medalists who are not experienced in MMA are not great accomplishments. It is more "style vs Style" type of antiquated matchups except Fedor is well rounded and the opponent is not.
7/7/13 1:33 AM
D241
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bump

7/7/13 1:38 AM
Mufasatheking
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Smith1234 - The reason that Anderson beats fewer former title holders is structural and has nothing to do with accomplishments.

He has fought or materially all in one show at 185 and being dominant. He has been the champ almost the whole time in that show. So he beats everyone in the division BEFORE they can become champs.

And he hasn't left the UFC and fought a bunch of "former champs" that are no longer in the UFC.

I also think beating kick boxers and Olympic medalists who are not experienced in MMA are not great accomplishments. It is more "style vs Style" type of antiquated matchups except Fedor is well rounded and the opponent is not.

Boom nailed it perfectly

Anderson still goqt , I'd love it if he kept fighting
7/7/13 1:39 AM
ThinkMMA
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ThinkMMA - Fedor's opponents win % 67.4
Anderson's opponents win % 68.2

Pretty crazy how identical both fighters career's have been
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Both undefeated in the top organizations when champs
Both have one BS loss
Both with similar finishing rates Fedor @76% Silva @78%
Fedor with 23 1st round finishes / Silva with 17 1st round finishes
Anderson on a 15 fight win streak in UFC / Fedor with a 14 fight win streak in Pride FC
Fedor's longest streak @ 27 wins for 8 years 7 months / Anderson's currents streak @ 15 wins for 6 years 3 months
Opponents Anderson and Fedor lost to win % Andy - 62.2 / Fedor - 71.3
Average fights per year Andy @2.7 for 13 years (not including '98 & '99) / Fedor @3.2 for 12 years
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm curious as to how many Sambo matches Fedor had throughout the years as well as any extra fights Andy had.

Anyone have anymore? 

TTT to the GOATS!!!

*been gone for a while, glad to be back and saddend that the trolls are still in effect.

I should update this Phone Post 3.0
7/7/13 1:42 AM
ThinkMMA
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ThinkMMA -
Fedor: Has held 5 MMA belts

He defeated:
                            5 different UFC champions 7 times
                            4 Kickboxing world champions
                            3 Olympic medalists
                            2 ADCC open weight champions 
                            (Still searching for opponents accomplishments)

Anderson: Has held 3 MMA belts

He defeated:
                                 5 UFC champions 6 times
                                 1 ADCC champion

(Still searching for opponents accomplishments) 

Fedor      11 wins under 2 minutes
               4 wins under 1 minute
Anderson   5 wins under 2 minutes
               1 win under 1 minute

*Any corrections are appreciated and welcomed

And this too Phone Post 3.0
7/7/13 1:57 AM
Unseen
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Farewell BJ - 
orcus -  What were Fedor's ten title defenses? He defended the Pride belt in Nog II, Crocop, and Hunt fights; and if you want to count the WAMMA belt, he defended that against Arlovski. What are the other 6 defenses?

"Fedor has surprisingly fought most his career giving up both height and considerable weight disadvantage"

Even if you pretend that Fedor actually did give up "considerable weight" to "most" of his worthwhile opponents, why would this be surprising? If we consider most of the #1 heavies in MMA history -- Coleman, Igor, Fedor, Cain, Couture, Nogueira, Smith -- not one is heavier than Fedor except Cain, and only then in his recent fights. They're all right around 235. That is apparently the ideal weight range (230-240 or so) to reign over the HW division. Brock is the only exception (and of course many think his #1 rank was ridiculous).

"Anderson is slightly older by 17 months.(not that that matte"

Why would it not matter? The majority of the excuse-making for Fedor's stoppage losses -- the reason why they shouldn't factor into any discussion of Fedor as GOAT -- is that he is "old" and his style doesn't hold up as his body slows down. Anderson is older, has been fighting longer, has taken more punishment in his fights, has had more major surgeries -- and yet is still beating #1 contenders.

Honestly I think that sums it up.

Fedor was great against what he fought.

Anderson his entire career has stepped up to fight the best the world has. This includes going from pride to the UFC, where as fedor went from pride to affliction and strikeforce.

Not trying to discredit any of the fighters in those organizations but let's be real here. The UFC has the best of the best with very few exceptions. Phone Post

UFC has the best fighters now.  When Fedor fought in PRIDE the best heavies were there.

7/7/13 1:39 PM
Haulport

Comparing these Lists doesn't even past the straight face test. Forget about the fact that Anderson and Fedor are the same size. And if you want a real laugh, just imagine how the fights between the guys on each list would play out:

How does Semmy Schilt vs. Rich Franklin go down?

Or Mark Coleman versus Chael?

Or Big Nog versus Hendo (oh, that's right, Hendo lost)

How about Yushin Okami vs Arlovski?

Or Vitor vs. CroCop?

How about Heath Herring versus Nate?

How about Werdum vs. Weidman?

Bigfoot vs. Chonan?

Hendo vs. Takase?

BEST WINS (Fedor - Anderson)

Mirko Filipovic
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (2)
Kevin Randleman
Gary Goodridge
Kazuyuki Fujita
Heath Herring
Semmy Schilt
Andrei Arlovski
Tim Sylvia
Mark Hunt
Mark Coleman (2)
Matt Lindland
Renato Sobral
Tsuyoshi Kosaka
Dan Henderson
Vitor Belfort
Rich Franklin (2)
Chael Sonnen (2)
Yushin Okami
Forrest Griffin
Demian Maia
Thales Leites
Patrick Cote
Stephan Bonnar
Nate Marquardt
Carlos Newton
Lee Murray

LOSES (Fedor - Anderson)

Fabricio Werdum
Dan Henderson
Bigfoot Silva
Chris Weidman
Chonan
Takase
Luiz Azeredo

7/7/13 1:41 PM
Haulport

BTW: a wrecked, 44 year old Mark Coleman who had only 2 fights in 3 years, cut to 205 and beat a 32 year old Stephan Bonnar.

7/7/13 1:55 PM
DamnSevern
1192 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fedor fanboys are loving this.

d421 must have soiled his panties when silva got ko'd

7/7/13 2:10 PM
Entreri

Like this poll they are probably dead even.

GSP is right there as well, no GOAT contender has fought as many top tier fighters.
7/7/13 2:11 PM
Wasa-B
294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

D241 -  For anyone to try to discredit Anderson or Fedor, shows you are a hater, have hater tendancies, and therefor need to re-evaluate what really makes you upset in your life. Surely, going to a mma message board on a sport you more than likely claim to love, only to bash or discredit a legend, is not the best you can do.

You are trying to do that yourself. I think you're fooling yourself if you think you're not biased. Not saying you're a "hater" but i think we've reached the point where we stop trying to convince everyone else to believe what we believe in this arguement by now and let people's opinions stand on their own.
7/7/13 2:15 PM
Wasa-B
294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

""At least Anderson was able to beat the biggest baddest dudes on the planet, regardless of being outsized by them."

Rest my case. Just come out and be honest with yourself. At least Orcus is straight forward about his criticisms about fighters. Your are quite the pretentious one.
7/7/13 2:17 PM
ufc98newb
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasa-B - 
D241 -  For anyone to try to discredit Anderson or Fedor, shows you are a hater, have hater tendancies, and therefor need to re-evaluate what really makes you upset in your life. Surely, going to a mma message board on a sport you more than likely claim to love, only to bash or discredit a legend, is not the best you can do.

You are trying to do that yourself. I think you're fooling yourself if you think you're not biased. Not saying you're a "hater" but i think we've reached the point where we stop trying to convince everyone else to believe what we believe in this arguement by now and let people's opinions stand on their own.

+1. lol at D241 not being biased or not ever discrediting Anderson. True colors have been shown.

Fedor would be ashamed of some of his fans behaviors, especially the last 14 hours :)

7/7/13 2:22 PM
Haulport

FinestScotch - 
Haulport - 

Comparing these Lists doesn't even past the straight face test. Forget about the fact that Anderson and Fedor are the same size. And if you want a real laugh, just imagine how the fights between the guys on each list would play out:

How does Semmy Schilt vs. Rich Franklin go down?

Or Mark Coleman versus Chael?

Or Big Nog versus Hendo (oh, that's right, Hendo lost)

How about Yushin Okami vs Arlovski?

Or Vitor vs. CroCop?

How about Heath Herring versus Nate?

How about Werdum vs. Weidman?

Bigfoot vs. Chonan?

Hendo vs. Takase?

BEST WINS (Fedor - Anderson)

Mirko Filipovic
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (2)
Kevin Randleman
Gary Goodridge
Kazuyuki Fujita
Heath Herring
Semmy Schilt
Andrei Arlovski
Tim Sylvia
Mark Hunt
Mark Coleman (2)
Matt Lindland
Renato Sobral
Tsuyoshi Kosaka
Dan Henderson
Vitor Belfort
Rich Franklin (2)
Chael Sonnen (2)
Yushin Okami
Forrest Griffin
Demian Maia
Thales Leites
Patrick Cote
Stephan Bonnar
Nate Marquardt
Carlos Newton
Lee Murray

LOSES (Fedor - Anderson)

Fabricio Werdum
Dan Henderson
Bigfoot Silva
Chris Weidman
Chonan
Takase
Luiz Azeredo

Your entire ridiculous rant is based on height = size.

George Roop is 6'1. I guess he needs to move from Bantamweight to Heavyweight, since he's taller than Fedor.

I understand that you aren't capable of defending your position so you have to make up ridiculous statements to cover for that, but let me respond so that others who may be confused by your preposter statements can clear things up for themselves.

Anderson walks around at 215lbs. when he fights at 205 which is usually a one-off type fight so he has to stay lean to make it back down to 185. Fedor came in at a rubbery 230lbs. with a large spare tire around his waist and wanted to be as heavy as he could be when facing 250lbs HWs.

If Anderson trained to fight at HW he'd be 215-220lbs. and 6'2" and Fedor is 230lbs. and 6'

They are the same size.

Here is how HUGE Fedor looked next to Matt Lindland:

7/7/13 2:23 PM
Wasa-B

What's worse is that for all the whining about disrespect to Fedor by guys like D and others, they are coming out and doing the exact same to Anderson now. So disappointing. Trying to act like they are above this shit, are fans with such integrity then just acting like the rest of the punkson the forum.

I'll always be a fan of both fighters.
7/7/13 2:25 PM
Haulport

Fedor is soe obviously GIGANTIC next to perennial Middleweight contender Matt Lindland Here:

7/7/13 2:44 PM
Haulport

Wasa-B - What's worse is that for all the whining about disrespect to Fedor by guys like D and others, they are coming out and doing the exact same to Anderson now. So disappointing. Trying to act like they are above this shit, are fans with such integrity then just acting like the rest of the punkson the forum.

I don't know who you are talking about but I am certainly not disrespecting Anderson. I am clearly stating that the comparison is actually extremely wrongheaded.

I would put Anderson at #4 P4P all-time. I feel that Fedor, GSP and Jon Jones have all accomplished more against far more dangerous competition. Fedor really shines in these comparisons, I feel, because he was a blown up middleweight beating the dogshit out of massive, skilled HWs.

In all honesty, Is Fedor any bigger than Mark Munoz?

7/7/13 3:06 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Wasa-B - What's worse is that for all the whining about disrespect to Fedor by guys like D and others, they are coming out and doing the exact same to Anderson now. So disappointing. Trying to act like they are above this shit, are fans with such integrity then just acting like the rest of the punkson the forum.

This x1000

I have always been respectful of Fedor in my debates of GOAT (maybe not respectful of his fanatics though) and little D241 was nothing but an immature petulant little child about it all.

He shows his true class now, which is none. His response when called out has been 'well I got a lot of shit from trolls back then, so now its my turn'...which is ridiculous.

No class at all. Total piece of shit character as a person. Same guy who got so butthurt about a JOKE poll I made about his obsession with orcus, that he posted pictures for me and my woman off Facebook and mocked them.

12 year old trapped in a man's body. Phone Post
7/8/13 2:35 PM
D241
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ufc98newb - 
Wasa-B - 

+1. lol at D241 not being biased or not ever discrediting Anderson. True colors have been shown.

Fedor would be ashamed of some of his fans behaviors, especially the last 14 hours :)

I'm ashamed as well.

I never have claimed to be perfect. I made a mistake and did a HORRIBLE job of trying to make a point.

Losing to Dan Henderson, there is no shame in that. People have tried to discredit Fedor by using that fight.

People will try to discredit Anderson for losing by ko to a grappler with 10 pro mma fights.

The point is, both Fedor and Anderson have proved how great they were PRIOR to those losses. 

I know I didn't sound like it the hours following Saturday night, but I really am an Anderson Silva fan and will always be one. I do hope he shows more respect to his opponents in his future fights though.

7/8/13 3:13 PM
orcus

Haulport - 

Fedor is soe obviously GIGANTIC next to perennial Middleweight contender Matt Lindland Here:

Fedor is so obviously TINY next to #2 HW of all time Nogueira here:

photo fedor-nog_zpse61d3178.jpg

And next to lifetime mma and K-1 heavyweight Goodridge here:

And to former #1 heavyweight who also has numerous wins over big heavyweights, including Fedor's #3 all-time win TIm Sylvia, Randy Couture:

While Anderson looks so HUGE next to WELTERWEIGHT Erick Silva:

...are we really playing the picture game in two threads simultaneously? lol

7/8/13 3:18 PM
orcus

"Fedor came in at a rubbery 230lbs. with a large spare tire around his waist"

Look at this fuckin tub of goo

I propose a new rule, fighters should move further up the GOAT ladder the more out of shape they are.

7/8/13 6:08 PM
DamnSevern
1192 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasa-B - What's worse is that for all the whining about disrespect to Fedor by guys like D and others, they are coming out and doing the exact same to Anderson now. So disappointing. Trying to act like they are above this shit, are fans with such integrity then just acting like the rest of the punkson the forum.

VtFu

a plague on both their houses

7/8/13 7:31 PM
D241

Answer Results
Anderson Silva
 50.00%
Fedor Emelianenko
 50.00%
Total Votes: 646

Ha, and people say I made this a biased poll. We all have opinions, but I made this poll to be as fair as possible. Yes I have Fedor as the Goat, but I felt the results could be close, and this justifies it.
7/8/13 7:45 PM
Tom O'Bedlam

Man, after 600 votes it is dead even. Phone Post
7/8/13 8:01 PM
MMAzombie

I think it is harder to stay on top as HW personally. Fighters are so big 1 lucky punch ends your reign. Which is why the HW divisions belt moves from fighter to fighter more often.
So my pick between Fedor or Silva is Fedor Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.