UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> LEGEND Comparison Anderson/Fedor

7/8/13 8:56 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
CLINTK9
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAzombie - I think it is harder to stay on top as HW personally. Fighters are so big 1 lucky punch ends your reign. Which is why the HW divisions belt moves from fighter to fighter more often.
So my pick between Fedor or Silva is Fedor Phone Post 3.0

exactly!

HW has an 80%+ finish rate. there are weight classes for a reason.

they both have basically the same kind of career and fights and opponents, its just one dominated HW (for 10 yrs) and one dominated MW (for 7 yrs).
7/8/13 9:10 PM
Ryan Black
301 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This poll ended up just as interestingly as it started up, in my opinion.

I think it's clear to see that both of these incredible, legendary fighters will go down in the history books as all-time-greats in their respective primes. Both Fedor and Anderson have had incredible moments in their careers, in which both men have seemed to make time stand still at some point.

I consider it an honor and a privilege to say that I witnessed greatness live in watching both Silva and Fedor cement highlights in the history reel of this sport while fulfilling both their respective legacies, leaving an everlasting mark in the timeline of momentus events this sport has given to us as fans. Phone Post
7/8/13 10:23 PM
gabemadrid
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Both are amazing and there are times when one is definitely ahead. However I would like to point out Fedor has received all this acclaim and even consideration to be the GOAT without a powerful marketing machine. His story has been passed on by YouTube videos and word of mouth. I think that's pretty amazing I've had coworkers mispronounce his name and even ask when he's fighting in the UFC. Phone Post 3.0
7/14/13 9:56 PM
D241
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy Shit, I can't believe no one else has ever pointed it out in this thread yet but.....

Anderson/Fedor Legend Comparison

Though both not American, they both spoke English as a 2nd language, and BOTH had 1980's/1990's American Action movie superstars Steven Segal and Jean Claude Van-Dam.

So many ways to compare these two, it's amazing

7/16/13 11:34 AM
THERE WAS A GLITCH IN THE MATRiX
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gabemadrid - Both are amazing and there are times when one is definitely ahead. However I would like to point out Fedor has received all this acclaim and even consideration to be the GOAT without a powerful marketing machine. His story has been passed on by YouTube videos and word of mouth. I think that's pretty amazing I've had coworkers mispronounce his name and even ask when he's fighting in the UFC. Phone Post 3.0

that is truly amazing. never even thought of that. VU
10/14/13 1:58 PM
Fox censored my Chael screen name

ttt

10/14/13 2:02 PM
Yun
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it's pretty damn close but I'm gonna have to pull for Fedor for more class.

anderson dances around get caught.. hmm.. why would a GOAT do something like that?????? Phone Post
10/14/13 2:03 PM
Yun
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gabemadrid - Both are amazing and there are times when one is definitely ahead. However I would like to point out Fedor has received all this acclaim and even consideration to be the GOAT without a powerful marketing machine. His story has been passed on by YouTube videos and word of mouth. I think that's pretty amazing I've had coworkers mispronounce his name and even ask when he's fighting in the UFC. Phone Post 3.0
and this. Phone Post
10/14/13 2:26 PM
Yun

and this.

10/14/13 2:52 PM
Libero21
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think fedor is goat because he is a heavyweight and I think Anderson is pound for pound because the way he demolished guys in the 205 division and the way he won his fights Phone Post 3.0
10/14/13 3:23 PM

I like that Libero21. 24 pages deep and some great replies, yet I don't belive anyone said what you said.

10/15/13 4:49 AM
tomp6581
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One thing you can say for sure...

At this point in time, it is either Fedor or Anderson. I say Fedor, but that is my opinion and I can totally see why people say Silva is.

However I believe Jones will be considered the goat in a few years if he continues the way he is going. As much as it pains me to say it, I think he beats 'prime' Silva and Fedor.

GSP's lack if finishes really harm his shout for goat in my opinion. Phone Post 3.0
10/15/13 10:55 AM
Dominique Robinson
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Interesting thread Phone Post 3.0
10/15/13 1:23 PM

Often times when the "GOAT" discussion comes up, it's usually about Fedor, Anderson, and GSP.

More often than that, Igor Vovchanchyn is not mentioned.

Whatever your criteria for making someone a GOAT is, you cannot ignore
#1, Igor fought heavyweights most of his career
#2, Igor fought NHB and modern mma
#3, Igor has very credible wins
#4, Igor has one of the best win streaks compared to anyone

Igor's official record is 55-10, but he's had many other combat fights no listed in his pro mma record.

10/15/13 1:25 PM

Igor Vovchanchyn is 5'8 and finished his fighting career fighting at 205 pounds.

Here is Anderson at 6'3 205lbs

Igor Vovchanchyn went on a 36 fight win streak in the heavyweight division, 37fight win streak if you count the no contest fight against Kerr as a win.

36 fight win streak, at 5'8, in the HEAVYWEIGHT division. 

10/15/13 1:28 PM

Igor fought guys like

and won

10/15/13 1:34 PM

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.