UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> Blackberry Infused Vodka

11/8/11 7:28 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Handsomejaws
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So I picked a ton of blackberries from around my house and decided to give this a shot. The secret I've read is to add the same amount in weight of sugar as berries.I emptied the vodka into another container and weighted it empty, then added blackberries and weighted it again, half a pound. I added half a pound of sugar, filled back up to the top with vodka and gave it a good shake.

I shook the bottle once a week for three months, apparently this is longest you can keep the blackberries in the vodka without the woody seeds and core leaving a taste.

So it's been three months and I use a large strainer to collect the blackberries

Then I use a metal coffee filter to get the smaller berry particles out. Really easy to do, no hassle at really but I did try to use a paper coffee filter with no success. It clogged WAY to easy.

I chilled the vodka in the freezer for about an hour.

Sucks to throw these perfectly good blackberries away............

11/8/11 7:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Handsomejaws
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So I'll eat them over ice cream and pineapple upside down cake!

So yeah no bullshit this was the best tasting and smoothest vodka I've had in my entire life, everyone was in awe over how great it actually was. Lot's of blackberry flavor, sweet but not over sweetened. Would go great with desserts. I can see using this to cook with, or just shooting it straight and getting hammered with the homies.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.