UnderGround Forums

Hawai'i Underground >> Inside traffic info

11/8/11 9:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
T.Jay Thompson
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you have any post it here.  So far its been awesome!  Drove to town today and back with NO traffic.  APEC has pulled the double reverse rudy-doo to Daniel Tucker iMO.

But Saturday im told 3 lanes of H1 from Waiks all the way to Koolina will be closed.
11/8/11 9:32 PM
Matt Phillips
791 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I live on McCully and Ala Wai with a clear view of Kalakaua and there is NO traffic. Its probably 1/4th the amount of normal traffic. My wife and I walked down to the Yard House for lunch and it was surreal how little traffic there was.

Theres a small uptick right now, but normally its super busy at McCully and Kalakaua and its not.
11/8/11 9:34 PM
Matt Phillips
791 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

From KHON:

The state Department of Transportation advises Oahu motorists that the right lane will be closed on Ala Moana Boulevard in the eastbound direction from Ward Avenue to Kalakaua Avenue on Tuesday night, November 8, through Thursday morning, November 10, from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m., nightly, to allow crews to move barriers and equipment from Fisherman’s Wharf into Waikiki for use in security and traffic control during the APEC conference.

Only city buses and emergency vehicles will be allowed through the closed lane during these hours.

Motorists are advised to use King Street as an alternate route past the closure area and to anticipate delays.

11/8/11 9:49 PM
FCTV808
285 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

just be patient tjay
11/8/11 10:11 PM
surf2live
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sunday the freeways will be jacked. there is a big meeting @ Ko Olina and they will be closing freeways to get all these fucktards to and from Ko Olina
11/8/11 10:26 PM
jjd
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

glad I live in the country!!
11/8/11 10:59 PM
jjmtg
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm in the forbidden Waikiki/Apec zone so I don't go anywhere. Its light now because the heads of state are not here. Once they come its over.

The traffic cams are out after the feds took them over. I believe that there are live skype feeds from the casket store on Moanalua free way.

I volunteered to take photos for channel 2, so is brown belt Keone at Blazin Steaks Atkinson, we take pics from time to time and khon2 post them in the morning between 6 a.m. - 8 a.m.

Thursday, the heads of state roll on in and stay until Monday, those are the bad traffic days, God help anyone who are on the roads or in those areas designated on those days.

In the meantime, yeah, enjoy the light traffic. Usually in the evening / after work hours it gets really crazy.
11/9/11 2:09 AM
Matt Phillips

alright heres an update on Waikiki

It's pretty fucked up, don't even try. lol

Kalakaua looks like an empty street, barely any cars but lots of people. Getting into Waikiki from McCully or Kalakaua is going to be a long process. They are putting in the concrete dividers right now and its a huge bottleneck.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.