UnderGround Forums

MotorGround >> jeep wrangler

11/11/11 2:42 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Wardance5
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

looking into buying a used one any of u og guys drive one
11/13/11 8:12 AM
maui
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have a 98 and love it ,however depending on what year look for rust especially in the frame above the rear lower control arm brackets. I just spent three months on a frame repair project
11/23/11 3:43 PM
big_slacker
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I saw the thread title and immediately completed it with: "is awesome."

I had a '97 with a mild lift and it was great accepting what it was. I lived in tahoe at the time and it was perfect for fireroads, going shooting, snow, etc... Shit on the freeway of course.

Do check under the car for rust/damage, remember that a jeep may have been mainly on city streets but may also have been a hardcore offroader.

Avoid the 2007-2011 models completely with their shit mini-van engine, unless you really like poor gas mileage and sluggish acceleration.

I know you said used, but I recently got a ride in the new 2012 with the pentastar v6. Finally, the wrangler has power!
12/23/11 2:43 AM
Byrd
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

be ready to spend a fortune if you plan on off roading it.

loved my 03, should have never sold it.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.