UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> SKYRIM

11/28/12 3:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
disbeliever
518 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
gord96 - Hey guys. Saw Skyrim for sale on Steam for 50% off so I decided to give it a shot. Epic game! Glad I bought it. Had a quick question though (sorry if it's been covered already).

What do you guys suggest for what side of the civil war to join? Imperials or Stormcloaks?

From a storyline point of view, it seems Skyrim would be better off staying in the Empire so those Dominion chaps don't overrun it. Would the Stormcloaks be able to hold of the Dominion by itself if they sent the Legion packing? Nerdy questions I know. :)

Thanks for any opinions!

Bag of rice man
11/28/12 4:38 PM
Stache
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I did the civil war questline last because I didn't want to screw up the rest of the game. It probably doesn't matter though.
11/28/12 5:22 PM
SteelyRes211
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gord96 - Hey guys. Saw Skyrim for sale on Steam for 50% off so I decided to give it a shot. Epic game! Glad I bought it. Had a quick question though (sorry if it's been covered already).

What do you guys suggest for what side of the civil war to join? Imperials or Stormcloaks?

From a storyline point of view, it seems Skyrim would be better off staying in the Empire so those Dominion chaps don't overrun it. Would the Stormcloaks be able to hold of the Dominion by itself if they sent the Legion packing? Nerdy questions I know. :)

Thanks for any opinions!

Kill them, Machine... kill them all.
11/29/12 1:16 AM
nubs
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SteelyRes211 -

Thanks for any opinions!

I went storm cloaks and did not regret it. Such a good game. Phone Post
11/29/12 1:25 AM
shootfighterbull

Skyrim is for the Nords! Phone Post
11/29/12 9:42 AM
Mit
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nubs -
SteelyRes211 -

Thanks for any opinions!

I went storm cloaks and did not regret it. Such a good game. Phone Post
I've done both....well I should say in in the middle of a play through again.... I'm playing on the side of the empire now.

I've only been doing side quests and focusing on the big quests only minimally but I'm like level 43 already. I think I'll be like 60 by the time I beat it again. Phone Post
11/29/12 10:05 AM
Stache
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ Do you find it hard to play again?

I've never found any game as addictive. I couldn't get it out of my head for a few months. It was almost a relief to finish it so I could get on with my life. lol
11/29/12 10:10 AM
disbeliever
518 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
My favorite part is just wandering around and exploring. They made such a massive world I love it
11/29/12 10:11 AM
Ramon Maroni

How do u convert mineral ore to ingots?
11/29/12 10:14 AM
Stache

In a smelter. You'll find one just to the left of the main gate in Whiterun.
11/29/12 10:18 AM
Jack Carter
824 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ramon Maroni - How do u convert mineral ore to ingots?
First, get the ore mod that brightens the ore veins. Makes collecting easier Phone Post
11/29/12 11:32 AM
shootfighterbull

Jack Carter -
First, get the ore mod that brightens the ore veins. Makes collecting easier Phone Post
That's stupid. Phone Post
11/29/12 11:46 AM
Shogun of Harlem
232 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stache - I did the civil war questline last because I didn't want to screw up the rest of the game. It probably doesn't matter though.

I did the same.

I have a few things left to do. Mostly some assassinations, but I am going to hold off on those until all the downloads are done.
11/29/12 12:25 PM
gord96
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for the info guys! I think I will try the Stormcloaks. For a free and independent Skyrim! (even though my character is not a Nord).

Has anyone tried this mod? http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9494

One thing I noticed while walking around this amazing setting in Skyrim (and really my only complaint about it) is that everyone talks about this crazy civil war going on, but there is no battles or even armies anywhere. This mod looks to fix that. Sounds pretty epic, although it appears you need a decent rig to run it. It basiclly adds hundreds of battles between the Stormcloaks and Imperials all over Skyrim that you can join in on. And after the civil war, it switches out the losing side with a new enemy, depending on the side you took. I'll have to give it a try when I decide to join the war.

11/29/12 12:44 PM
Jack Carter
824 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/29/12 12:45 PM
shootfighterbull - 
Jack Carter -
That's stupid. Phone Post

11/29/12 12:46 PM
Jack Carter

See, it's not so bad!

11/29/12 12:54 PM
Stache

Shogun of Harlem - 
Stache - I did the civil war questline last because I didn't want to screw up the rest of the game. It probably doesn't matter though.

I did the same.

I have a few things left to do. Mostly some assassinations, but I am going to hold off on those until all the downloads are done.

I finished all the questlines, and got to around level 65. I only have about half the Barenziah stones though.

Watching that vid makes me want to play again. It's the only game that's every really sucked me in. I doubt I'll ever be that excited to play a video game again.
11/29/12 1:03 PM
Ramon Maroni

does anyone know if they are doing an Elder Scrolls VI yet?
11/29/12 1:10 PM
SteelyRes211
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ramon Maroni - does anyone know if they are doing an Elder Scrolls VI yet?

They'll probably do Fallout 4 first.
11/29/12 1:17 PM
gord96
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The next Elder Scrolls game will be their MMO from what I hear. I imagine it could be quite some time before we see a new Elder Scrolls single player game.
11/29/12 1:17 PM
The Overseer
412 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I nerdgasm over this game still Phone Post
11/29/12 1:40 PM
shootfighterbull

gord96 -

Thanks for the info guys! I think I will try the Stormcloaks. For a free and independent Skyrim! (even though my character is not a Nord).

Has anyone tried this mod? http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9494

One thing I noticed while walking around this amazing setting in Skyrim (and really my only complaint about it) is that everyone talks about this crazy civil war going on, but there is no battles or even armies anywhere. This mod looks to fix that. Sounds pretty epic, although it appears you need a decent rig to run it. It basiclly adds hundreds of battles between the Stormcloaks and Imperials all over Skyrim that you can join in on. And after the civil war, it switches out the losing side with a new enemy, depending on the side you took. I'll have to give it a try when I decide to join the war.

I saw some youtube clips and it looked awesome. Hundreds of people in battle. I wish i had a gaming computer. Phone Post
11/29/12 1:48 PM
Ramon Maroni

gord96 - 

The next Elder Scrolls game will be their MMO from what I hear. I imagine it could be quite some time before we see a new Elder Scrolls single player game.

bummer
11/29/12 1:51 PM
ItwasAlwaysFumbles
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There's new DLC coming in early Dec, releases on the 4th if I'm not mistaken. Called Dragonborn..,looks pretty interesting.

And for those who don't know, you can clear the barenziah Stone quest early as hell by continually pressing the pick up button when you pick up the stone. You can pull multiple copies of the stones from each one, and the stone in Kodlak's room in jorvaskr will pop up to four copies. You can get the 24 stones quick as hell this way...makes a huge difference. Phone Post
11/29/12 2:23 PM
gord96

Ramon Maroni - 
gord96 - 

bummer

Agreed. I used to be big into MMO's, but find they are incredibly stale now. Skyrim is just so big and detailed because it focuses just on you character. MMO's have to dumb everything down usually because the focus is on 1,000,000 characters.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.