UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> SKYRIM

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

12/5/12 4:07 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GapingAxeWound
288 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3 days off work

Dragonborn
Weed
Whiskey
And I just chucked some ribs in the smoker :-D Phone Post
12/5/12 7:43 AM
Jack Carter
1507 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GapingAxeWound - 3 days off work

Dragonborn
Weed
Whiskey
And I just chucked some ribs in the smoker :-D Phone Post
Mammoth ribs, FTW! Phone Post
12/5/12 3:17 PM
shootfighterbull
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Soltheim is so fucking awesome. I've already encountered so much cool shit, but i'd dare not spoil a thing for anyone.

Best game ever, imo. Phone Post
12/5/12 4:05 PM
Ruthless Rye
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chalkandcheese -  This game sucks shit. I finally get round to buying it on pc and all it does is crash to desktop. I've been on a lot of forums and tried a lot of solutions but to no avail. Phone Post

Go here.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/forum/180-pc/

You have to register, but there are a ton of people on that board that are smart as all hell when it comes to PC's and gaming in general.
12/5/12 4:18 PM
Ruthless Rye
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Trichoke7 - I love this game but I have a PS3.

Fuck you PS3.

The PS3 is not the problem. It is a coding issue. Bethesda Game Studios developed the game for the Xbox360, and ported it to the the PC and PS3.

The PC and Xbox360 pretty much work on the same architecture, while the PS3 is completely different.

Again, it is the developers at Bethesda Game Studios who are to blame. The knew the game was whack on the PS3 when they released it.

Skyrim has tremendous memory problems on the PS3. That is why us PS3 users have not gotten the other downloadable content (Hearthfire, Dawngaurd). It is unstable, and will not run properly.
12/5/12 8:06 PM
shootfighterbull

Ruthless Rye - 

Fuck you PS3.

The PS3 is not the problem. It is a coding issue. Bethesda Game Studios developed the game for the Xbox360, and ported it to the the PC and PS3.

The PC and Xbox360 pretty much work on the same architecture, while the PS3 is completely different.

Again, it is the developers at Bethesda Game Studios who are to blame. The knew the game was whack on the PS3 when they released it.

Skyrim has tremendous memory problems on the PS3. That is why us PS3 users have not gotten the other downloadable content (Hearthfire, Dawngaurd). It is unstable, and will not run properly.

that's like buying a 100 dollar Squier Guitar and wondering why is doesn't play like a 1964 Fender.

12/5/12 8:28 PM
Trichoke7
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ruthless Rye - 

Fuck you PS3.

Yeah.

Apparently Dragonborn is supposed to come out for PS3 now.
12/5/12 8:48 PM
Jack Carter
1507 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jack Carter -

Wait, I thought it was all of Morrowind "unlocked"?

T Phone Post
12/5/12 10:07 PM
omgjoshjames
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jack Carter -
Jack Carter -

Wait, I thought it was all of Morrowind "unlocked"?

T Phone Post
Its the island of solstheim which was in the Morrowind goty edition Phone Post
12/5/12 10:31 PM
shootfighterbull

Lol @ it being all of Morrowind. That'd be like Fallout 3 releasing NV as an expansion. Phone Post
12/5/12 11:48 PM
Ruthless Rye

shootfighterbull - 
Ruthless Rye - 

Fuck you PS3.

that's like buying a 100 dollar Squier Guitar and wondering why is doesn't play like a 1964 Fender.

If you mean the game, and that it was made for the Xbox360, I get you.

If you mean the PS3 is inferior to the Xbox360, you do not know WTF you are talking about.

The CPU in the PS3 runs circles around the 360. They both have 512 Mb's of RAM. Difference is, the PS3 has to use half of the RAM for graphics.

Skyrim on the PC is a recommended 4 MB dedicated RAM. The Xbox360 can use all 512 Mb's, although its graphics pale in comparison to the PS3, and of course the floor is wiped on a decent PC.

The problem is with RAM allocation. Bethesda Game Studios knew this, Todd Howard (lead game developer of BGS) knew this and actually publicly stated it.

If BGS wrote the game for PS3, that would be a different story. They didn't, to save money, and secure their 11/11/11 release date.

The reason PS3 owners might get Dragon Born is because it takes place in a different "cell" within the game. If you do not know what that means, well, you do not know WTF you are talking about.

However, the game is still gonna freeze, and the frame rates are gonna drop, and quests and what not are gonna be quirky. Why? Because the damn game uses so much RAM remembering where you dropped a cheese roll in a "cell" before the 10 or 30 day in game refresh, that 256 Mb is not enough to keep up.

The PS3 is a BEAST when a DEV team knows what they are doing.

Bethesda Game Studios has been in bed with Microsoft since Morrowind. Ever wonder why Morrowind is not available on PS3? Oblivion from Bethesda Game Studios was ported over to the PS3 by 4J Studios. That is why it works.

BTW, all the extras on the PS3 version of Oblivion(Knights of the Nine, Shivering Isles) is from BGS, not 4J Studios. That is why the game gets all funky on PS3 sometimes.

Sorry for the FRAT, but this shit pisses me off.
12/6/12 12:35 AM
shootfighterbull

Ruthless Rye -
shootfighterbull - 
Ruthless Rye - 

Fuck you PS3.

If you mean the game, and that it was made for the Xbox360, I get you.

If you mean the PS3 is inferior to the Xbox360, you do not know WTF you are talking about.

The CPU in the PS3 runs circles around the 360. They both have 512 Mb's of RAM. Difference is, the PS3 has to use half of the RAM for graphics.

Skyrim on the PC is a recommended 4 MB dedicated RAM. The Xbox360 can use all 512 Mb's, although its graphics pale in comparison to the PS3, and of course the floor is wiped on a decent PC.

The problem is with RAM allocation. Bethesda Game Studios knew this, Todd Howard (lead game developer of BGS) knew this and actually publicly stated it.

If BGS wrote the game for PS3, that would be a different story. They didn't, to save money, and secure their 11/11/11 release date.

The reason PS3 owners might get Dragon Born is because it takes place in a different "cell" within the game. If you do not know what that means, well, you do not know WTF you are talking about.

However, the game is still gonna freeze, and the frame rates are gonna drop, and quests and what not are gonna be quirky. Why? Because the damn game uses so much RAM remembering where you dropped a cheese roll in a "cell" before the 10 or 30 day in game refresh, that 256 Mb is not enough to keep up.

The PS3 is a BEAST when a DEV team knows what they are doing.

Bethesda Game Studios has been in bed with Microsoft since Morrowind. Ever wonder why Morrowind is not available on PS3? Oblivion from Bethesda Game Studios was ported over to the PS3 by 4J Studios. That is why it works.

BTW, all the extras on the PS3 version of Oblivion(Knights of the Nine, Shivering Isles) is from BGS, not 4J Studios. That is why the game gets all funky on PS3 sometimes.

Sorry for the FRAT, but this shit pisses me off.
Whoa nelly, i was just breaking balls.

Also, what do you mean about morrowind? It's not available on the 360. Phone Post
12/6/12 12:46 AM
ss_thai
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't wait to get this. Can you buy it in shops? My Internet is whack as fuck Phone Post
12/6/12 12:48 AM
Jack Carter

shootfighterbull - Lol @ it being all of Morrowind. That'd be like Fallout 3 releasing NV as an expansion. Phone Post
Damn it!!!!!! Phone Post
12/6/12 1:06 AM
Ruthless Rye

Shootfighterbull, Morrowind is most definitely available on the XBOX. Sorry about saying 360.

I'm not mad at you, brother. I am just pissed that Bethesda Game Studios released a game on the PS3 when even Todd Howard knew it was broken.

It is like a slap in the face.

I love Skyrim, probably my favorite game of all time, but the PS3 version is and was a mess...and the developers knew it when they released it.
12/6/12 2:20 AM
shootfighterbull

Holy mother of god! The mission i just did done blew my mind. It makes the planes of oblivion in oblivion look like childs play. Phone Post
12/6/12 3:29 AM
DreamerMMA
803 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts, LLC, Moderator

They could just remake Morrowind with Skyrims leveling system and graphics and I'd buy it.

12/6/12 5:01 AM
UGCTT_OBEY
223 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just beat the mane quest been gaming hard lol now I'm going to go back and dissect this game for every last detail lol

Just to let you know flying dragons is not what it's made out to be and quite honestly it blows Phone Post
12/7/12 2:55 AM
shootfighterbull

UGCTT_OBEY - Just beat the mane quest been gaming hard lol now I'm going to go back and dissect this game for every last detail lol

Just to let you know flying dragons is not what it's made out to be and quite honestly it blows Phone Post
Just started the main quest. That opening scene with Meerak is awesome.

Also, you visit the Telvanni mages town? When i tell him im the leader of the college of winterhold, he laughs like im in elementary school. Boss. Phone Post
12/7/12 6:40 PM
FingerorMoon
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

People have too much nostalgia for Morrowind.
Sure the land was unique but the quests and storyline were boring as shit.
12/7/12 6:58 PM
Onikage
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FingerorMoon - 
People have too much nostalgia for Morrowind.
Sure the land was unique but the quests and storyline were boring as shit.

I would just like to have the option back to kill anyone I want
12/8/12 9:31 AM
splinter
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great thing about Dragonborn:

When fighting some Reavers, out of fucking nowhere comes a badass little troupe of Riekling warriors to defend me. They're my bros, bros!
12/8/12 10:17 AM
shootfighterbull

splinter - Great thing about Dragonborn:

When fighting some Reavers, out of fucking nowhere comes a badass little troupe of Riekling warriors to defend me. They're my bros, bros!
You sided with them at the mead hall, eh? You sicken me! Phone Post
12/8/12 2:50 PM
omgjoshjames
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DreamerMMA -

They could just remake Morrowind with Skyrims leveling system and graphics and I'd buy it.

Agreed. I put more time into Morrowind than any other game. I had the GOTY edition game and guide and completed every single quest in the game then went through and killed every single npc. I was a levitating God muwhahaha! Phone Post
12/18/12 10:57 PM
splinter
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Goddammit. Now whenever I try to play Skyrim on my 360, I get stuck at the loading screen. It won't fucking load!

I've installed the game directly to my system, and have no problems playing other 360 games. The disk isn't scratched either. The fuck!

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.