UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> SKYRIM

11/29/12 2:25 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
gord96
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shootfighterbull - 
gord96 -

Thanks for the info guys! I think I will try the Stormcloaks. For a free and independent Skyrim! (even though my character is not a Nord).

Has anyone tried this mod? http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9494

One thing I noticed while walking around this amazing setting in Skyrim (and really my only complaint about it) is that everyone talks about this crazy civil war going on, but there is no battles or even armies anywhere. This mod looks to fix that. Sounds pretty epic, although it appears you need a decent rig to run it. It basiclly adds hundreds of battles between the Stormcloaks and Imperials all over Skyrim that you can join in on. And after the civil war, it switches out the losing side with a new enemy, depending on the side you took. I'll have to give it a try when I decide to join the war.

I saw some youtube clips and it looked awesome. Hundreds of people in battle. I wish i had a gaming computer. Phone Post

It does look awesome. Apparently they are quite impressive and really add to the atmosphere. The troops in the battles also scale with your level so you can join in no matter what level.
11/29/12 3:01 PM
SomewhereOverTheDwayneBowe
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gord96 -
shootfighterbull - 
gord96 -

Thanks for the info guys! I think I will try the Stormcloaks. For a free and independent Skyrim! (even though my character is not a Nord).

Has anyone tried this mod? http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9494

One thing I noticed while walking around this amazing setting in Skyrim (and really my only complaint about it) is that everyone talks about this crazy civil war going on, but there is no battles or even armies anywhere. This mod looks to fix that. Sounds pretty epic, although it appears you need a decent rig to run it. It basiclly adds hundreds of battles between the Stormcloaks and Imperials all over Skyrim that you can join in on. And after the civil war, it switches out the losing side with a new enemy, depending on the side you took. I'll have to give it a try when I decide to join the war.

I saw some youtube clips and it looked awesome. Hundreds of people in battle. I wish i had a gaming computer. Phone Post

It does look awesome. Apparently they are quite impressive and really add to the atmosphere. The troops in the battles also scale with your level so you can join in no matter what level.
Damnit I wish I could run skyrim on my PC for all the awesome mods Phone Post
11/29/12 3:57 PM
disbeliever
466 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
An MMO? my god I can't stand that shit
11/29/12 4:06 PM
Flexo
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nubs -
SteelyRes211 -
gord96 - Hey guys. Saw Skyrim for sale on Steam for 50% off so I decided to give it a shot. Epic game! Glad I bought it. Had a quick question though (sorry if it's been covered already).

What do you guys suggest for what side of the civil war to join? Imperials or Stormcloaks?

From a storyline point of view, it seems Skyrim would be better off staying in the Empire so those Dominion chaps don't overrun it. Would the Stormcloaks be able to hold of the Dominion by itself if they sent the Legion packing? Nerdy questions I know. :)

Thanks for any opinions!

Kill them, Machine... kill them all.
I went storm cloaks and did not regret it. Such a good game. Phone Post
My fuckin stormcloaks mission blitched and now won't let me finish. Fuckin annooooying. Phone Post
11/29/12 4:30 PM
Mit
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stache - ^ Do you find it hard to play again?

I've never found any game as addictive. I couldn't get it out of my head for a few months. It was almost a relief to finish it so I could get on with my life. lol
No I took a long while in between plays though. It's different now tho. I was barreling through before and was virtually indestructible as a Nord warrior type. Now im a bow based sneak thief with some magic. I have to use lots of potions when I get drawn into a face to face fight lol Phone Post
11/29/12 4:33 PM
TVTFU Khal Dodo
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All I wanna know is if i start playing again, can I fuck Seranna?

11/29/12 6:25 PM
Stache
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mit - 
Stache - ^ Do you find it hard to play again?

I've never found any game as addictive. I couldn't get it out of my head for a few months. It was almost a relief to finish it so I could get on with my life. lol
No I took a long while in between plays though. It's different now tho. I was barreling through before and was virtually indestructible as a Nord warrior type. Now im a bow based sneak thief with some magic. I have to use lots of potions when I get drawn into a face to face fight lol Phone Post

That's cool. I dunno know if I'm ready for another full play through yet though. You obviously have no idea the first time but there's SO MUCH shit to do! Knowing that in advance is pretty daunting.
11/29/12 6:59 PM
Freeman
446 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gord96 - Hey guys. Saw Skyrim for sale on Steam for 50% off so I decided to give it a shot. Epic game! Glad I bought it. Had a quick question though (sorry if it's been covered already).

What do you guys suggest for what side of the civil war to join? Imperials or Stormcloaks?

From a storyline point of view, it seems Skyrim would be better off staying in the Empire so those Dominion chaps don't overrun it. Would the Stormcloaks be able to hold of the Dominion by itself if they sent the Legion packing? Nerdy questions I know. :)

Thanks for any opinions!

No shit - is it still on sale!?!?!?

I've been waiting, didn't want to drop $60.

11/29/12 7:07 PM
gord96
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry man. It's back up to full price :(

I was the same as you. Was waiting for it to drop below $59.99. Then the Autumn Sale had it for 33% off, decided to wait and the next day it was 50% off. Couldn't resist so I bought it.

Truth be told, if I would have known how awesome it is, I would have paid full price when it came out.

Keep an eye out, since it now dropped once, it will probably happen again. Maybe when the new DLC comes out.
11/29/12 11:00 PM
cycklops
318 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I went through as an Argonian. Mostly archery with some destruction. I kinda inadvertently finished the game. I waited a bit and went back as a Breton (Necromancer). I decided to build up different skill sets this time around and fight completely differently. The game is so cool.

I've built up conjuration, destruction, alteration, illusion and speech. Speech has turned out well for me. I make so much more money selling things that I can afford the better robes etc. Right now my stamina is at 120 or so (aided), health is at 170 (70 points due to a ring), and my magicka is at 575 I think.

I've inadvertently built up enchanting as well. I take all the daggers I can find, as well as all the souls I can capture, and enchant the daggers (or whatever weapon) with Banish. That allows me to sell everything at a decent price. 

With speech I invested in a few stores and it's worked. It's really paid off with the Riverwood trader. I gave him 500 bucks and every time I return he has about 11 thousand on hand to buy my shit. That's good for 6 or so daggers that have been enchanted.

11/29/12 11:05 PM
Jack Carter
758 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone play through with unarmed combat? Just punching the shit out of everything?

I did that with Fallout New Vegas. Fire Axed just about everything that couldn't kill me with one swipe Phone Post
12/1/12 1:07 AM
Stache
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This thread inspired me to fire up my last save. Turns out I stumbled upon a quest I had never seen before.

Between two characters and about 500 hrs of gameplay, I had never completed Repentance. I wonder how many more quests I still haven't seen yet.
12/1/12 1:08 AM
Stache

I also forgot how much I love the musical score.
12/1/12 6:05 AM
andre
462 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stache - I also forgot how much I love the musical score.
That's a HUGE part of the appeal for me. I love how relaxing it can be to just wander through forests and plains. Phone Post
12/1/12 8:02 AM
Mit
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cycklops -

I went through as an Argonian. Mostly archery with some destruction. I kinda inadvertently finished the game. I waited a bit and went back as a Breton (Necromancer). I decided to build up different skill sets this time around and fight completely differently. The game is so cool.

I've built up conjuration, destruction, alteration, illusion and speech. Speech has turned out well for me. I make so much more money selling things that I can afford the better robes etc. Right now my stamina is at 120 or so (aided), health is at 170 (70 points due to a ring), and my magicka is at 575 I think.

I've inadvertently built up enchanting as well. I take all the daggers I can find, as well as all the souls I can capture, and enchant the daggers (or whatever weapon) with Banish. That allows me to sell everything at a decent price. 

With speech I invested in a few stores and it's worked. It's really paid off with the Riverwood trader. I gave him 500 bucks and every time I return he has about 11 thousand on hand to buy my shit. That's good for 6 or so daggers that have been enchanted.

Holy shit!!! I didn't know you could invest in stores. That's great! Frick I make all my money from hitting dungeons. I didn think it was slow but if you are getting 11 thou regularily from the river wood guy....... Phone Post
12/1/12 9:55 AM
Stache

andre - 
Stache - I also forgot how much I love the musical score.
That's a HUGE part of the appeal for me. I love how relaxing it can be to just wander through forests and plains. Phone Post

Yeah man, even the music is epic!
12/1/12 9:57 AM
Stache

Mit - Holy shit!!! I didn't know you could invest in stores. That's great! Frick I make all my money from hitting dungeons. I didn think it was slow but if you are getting 11 thou regularily from the river wood guy.......

You need a perk on the Speech tree first, I think. I never bothered with it either.

12/1/12 11:30 AM
Mit

Stache -
Mit - Holy shit!!! I didn't know you could invest in stores. That's great! Frick I make all my money from hitting dungeons. I didn think it was slow but if you are getting 11 thou regularily from the river wood guy.......

You need a perk on the Speech tree first, I think. I never bothered with it either.

Speech was one of those skills I didn pay a lot of attention too. Have to take a look at it Phone Post
12/4/12 1:21 PM
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anybody pick up the Dragonborn DLC yet? Stopping by gamestop to pick up my code when I get off Phone Post
12/4/12 1:41 PM
Trichoke7
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love this game but I have a PS3.

Fuck you PS3.
12/4/12 1:46 PM

Trichoke7 - I love this game but I have a PS3.

Fuck you PS3.
Damn man I'm sorry. Its shitty how they are being with DLC for the ps3 users Phone Post
12/4/12 1:48 PM
shootfighterbull
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They have said that this dlc will be released on ps3. Only time will tell if they stay true to that. Phone Post
12/4/12 2:04 PM
shootfighterbull
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im also dling the dlc right now. I can't wait to ride a dragon!!! Phone Post
12/4/12 2:17 PM
BKViper
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bethesda has stated the new DLC will be out for PC and PS3 in early 2013.

Kind of vague, but hopefully that means January.

12/4/12 2:20 PM

shootfighterbull - Im also dling the dlc right now. I can't wait to ride a dragon!!! Phone Post
Uhh lucky ass haha I've got about 6 more hours till I'm off! Let us know how it is! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.