UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> SKYRIM

12/21/12 3:04 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Arodjohns
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've apparently started collecting houses. I've got one in Whiterun, Markarth and Solitude. So far, Proudspire > every where else (although the one in Markarth is bad fucking ass).

12/21/12 3:46 PM
Arodjohns
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck, now I've got AIDS errr I mean Vampirism.

12/21/12 4:39 PM
gord96
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Arodjohns - 

I've apparently started collecting houses. I've got one in Whiterun, Markarth and Solitude. So far, Proudspire > every where else (although the one in Markarth is bad fucking ass).

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/22496

If you play the PC version, grab this mod for the the mackdaddy of all houses.

Includes (shortlist):

• A long entranceway
  • Woodmill
  • Goldmine (source of income)
  • Hunter’s shack
  • Servant quarters
  • Hot tub
  • Treasure vault
  • Main residence

- Entry hall
- Living quarters
- Reading / sitting room
- Alchemy and enchanting room
- Dining room
- Bar
- Housecarl / follower room
- Armory
- Master bedroom
- Attic (study)

• 5 servants; a hunter, gardener, lumberjack and 2 miners
  • 3 guards
  • All crafting, alchemy and enchanting necessities
  • Overall high attention to detail
  • Interior optimization
12/21/12 5:21 PM
LittleKang
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Arodjohns -

building my own is more fun.

My first house im trying to finish is the south of whiterun where you start the game. Once its finished im transferring all my goods into the house Phone Post
12/24/12 1:02 AM
shootfighterbull
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just saved an Argonian named Dertheekus. Apparently the only Argonian follower in the game. That makes two people my Khajiit is willing to fight with. Kharjo and Derr. Phone Post
12/24/12 1:04 AM
shootfighterbull

LittleKang -
Arodjohns -

My first house im trying to finish is the south of whiterun where you start the game. Once its finished im transferring all my goods into the house Phone Post
Building your own would be getting the Hearthfire DLC. The house is Whiterun is garbage. The only thing it has is an enchanting table. Nothing more. Phone Post
12/24/12 2:13 AM
Stache
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It still hurts me deeply that there is no Hearthfire DLC for PS3.

DEEPLY

12/24/12 10:41 AM
LittleKang
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shootfighterbull - Just saved an Argonian named Dertheekus. Apparently the only Argonian follower in the game. That makes two people my Khajiit is willing to fight with. Kharjo and Derr. Phone Post
? Have not found him yet.

Whats pissing me off is finishing that GOD DAM thieves guild acheivement to get the special side quest of theirs. I am only missing out on one of them but for the life of me i cant get it Phone Post
12/24/12 10:55 AM
Stache
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ If you keep getting quests for cities you don't need, just turn them down and ask for another.
12/24/12 11:05 AM
LittleKang

Stache - ^ If you keep getting quests for cities you don't need, just turn them down and ask for another.
will do Phone Post
12/24/12 12:09 PM
shootfighterbull

LittleKang -
shootfighterbull - Just saved an Argonian named Dertheekus. Apparently the only Argonian follower in the game. That makes two people my Khajiit is willing to fight with. Kharjo and Derr. Phone Post

Whats pissing me off is finishing that GOD DAM thieves guild acheivement to get the special side quest of theirs. I am only missing out on one of them but for the life of me i cant get it Phone Post
He's actually in the Rift. In some Falmer cave trapped. It's a cave near a mine filled with friendly NPC's. Phone Post
12/24/12 2:25 PM
LittleKang

shootfighterbull -
LittleKang -

He's actually in the Rift. In some Falmer cave trapped. It's a cave near a mine filled with friendly NPC's. Phone Post
hhhmm i will look out for him soon Phone Post
12/30/12 5:58 PM
DamirioN
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Finally got this game after way too much deliberation. Any tips for maximizing fun for a new player? Phone Post
12/30/12 6:59 PM
shootfighterbull

DamirioN - Finally got this game after way too much deliberation. Any tips for maximizing fun for a new player? Phone Post
No tips, really. Use what is most fun to you(2 handed weapons, destruction magic, ect) and have a blast.

I would, however, recommend on postponing the dragon quest. As soon as you fight your first dragon, they are forever in the world. Enjoy the world without dragons for a while. Phone Post
12/30/12 7:34 PM
LittleKang

shootfighterbull -
DamirioN - Finally got this game after way too much deliberation. Any tips for maximizing fun for a new player? Phone Post
No tips, really. Use what is most fun to you(2 handed weapons, destruction magic, ect) and have a blast.

I would, however, recommend on postponing the dragon quest. As soon as you fight your first dragon, they are forever in the world. Enjoy the world without dragons for a while. Phone Post
Concur

Im actually gonna handle the two dlc's before doing the main quest Phone Post
12/30/12 7:41 PM
Stache

shootfighterbull - 

I agree. I waited until it almost got boring wandering around, then started the main questline.

The only problem is you have to listen to that annoying wizard Farengar hound you about Bleak Falls Barrow every time you want to use his arcane enchanter.
12/31/12 3:59 AM
TSMontana
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/31/12 3:59 AM
Started this game over a year ago, and still haven't finished the main storyline, or even started the Dawnguard or Dragonborn storylines. Did they finally fix that Blood On The Ice glitch for Xbox? The glitches killed any momentum I had playing the game.
12/31/12 10:13 AM
Mit
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LittleKang -
Arodjohns -

I built my first house now I have houses all over. I'm waiting on the one in wind helm as it won't be fixed up until after the blood on the ice quest.....I think that's the only place I don't have a house.... Phone Post
12/31/12 10:13 AM
Mit
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TSMontana - Started this game over a year ago, and still haven't finished the main storyline, or even started the Dawnguard or Dragonborn storylines. Did they finally fix that Blood On The Ice glitch for Xbox? The glitches killed any momentum I had playing the game.
What's the glitch? Phone Post
12/31/12 10:29 AM
behzad

I bought this game off Steam yesterday for 50% off thinking it was a MMORPG.

It is not...

Still spent most of the day on it though. Im in jail for killing a man and stealing his horse. Phone Post
12/31/12 11:27 AM
Saiga12
187 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

behzad -  I bought this game off Steam yesterday for 50% off thinking it was a MMORPG.

It is not...

Still spent most of the day on it though. Im in jail for killing a man and stealing his horse. Phone Post

No worries, there will be a Elder Scrolls online MMO soon enough.
http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/

12/31/12 11:39 AM
BKViper
567 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've never played an MMO.  I don't much care for multiplayer games of any sort.  Mainly because there are so many douchebags out there.

But I might just have to at least give ESO a try.  That video was pretty cool.  And it seems there are other things to do besides dealing with DB players.  So at least I can quest on my own.

12/31/12 12:07 PM
xNate
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Far cry 3 is eating into my skyrim time. Its terrible. Phone Post
12/31/12 1:03 PM
xNate
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ruthless Rye -
shootfighterbull - 
Ruthless Rye - 
Trichoke7 - I love this game but I have a PS3.

Fuck you PS3.

The PS3 is not the problem. It is a coding issue. Bethesda Game Studios developed the game for the Xbox360, and ported it to the the PC and PS3.

The PC and Xbox360 pretty much work on the same architecture, while the PS3 is completely different.

Again, it is the developers at Bethesda Game Studios who are to blame. The knew the game was whack on the PS3 when they released it.

Skyrim has tremendous memory problems on the PS3. That is why us PS3 users have not gotten the other downloadable content (Hearthfire, Dawngaurd). It is unstable, and will not run properly.

that's like buying a 100 dollar Squier Guitar and wondering why is doesn't play like a 1964 Fender.

If you mean the game, and that it was made for the Xbox360, I get you.

If you mean the PS3 is inferior to the Xbox360, you do not know WTF you are talking about.

The CPU in the PS3 runs circles around the 360. They both have 512 Mb's of RAM. Difference is, the PS3 has to use half of the RAM for graphics.

Skyrim on the PC is a recommended 4 MB dedicated RAM. The Xbox360 can use all 512 Mb's, although its graphics pale in comparison to the PS3, and of course the floor is wiped on a decent PC.

The problem is with RAM allocation. Bethesda Game Studios knew this, Todd Howard (lead game developer of BGS) knew this and actually publicly stated it.

If BGS wrote the game for PS3, that would be a different story. They didn't, to save money, and secure their 11/11/11 release date.

The reason PS3 owners might get Dragon Born is because it takes place in a different "cell" within the game. If you do not know what that means, well, you do not know WTF you are talking about.

However, the game is still gonna freeze, and the frame rates are gonna drop, and quests and what not are gonna be quirky. Why? Because the damn game uses so much RAM remembering where you dropped a cheese roll in a "cell" before the 10 or 30 day in game refresh, that 256 Mb is not enough to keep up.

The PS3 is a BEAST when a DEV team knows what they are doing.

Bethesda Game Studios has been in bed with Microsoft since Morrowind. Ever wonder why Morrowind is not available on PS3? Oblivion from Bethesda Game Studios was ported over to the PS3 by 4J Studios. That is why it works.

BTW, all the extras on the PS3 version of Oblivion(Knights of the Nine, Shivering Isles) is from BGS, not 4J Studios. That is why the game gets all funky on PS3 sometimes.

Sorry for the FRAT, but this shit pisses me off.
Vu when I can Phone Post
12/31/12 1:17 PM
Saiga12
187 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

xNate -  Far cry 3 is eating into my skyrim time. Its terrible. Phone Post

Started playing last night. Played for 8 hours straight! Think I only did the first quest mission and spent most of the time running around looking for trouble. Killed a whole village of bad guys and stopped by a river/creek to heal. Got ate by a gator.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.